• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Diego Forlán said:
Argentina empezó mejor, siendo superior y llegando más veces al arco rival. Eso sucedió hasta la lesión de Di María, para mí el jugador clave de la selección Argentina y el socio que Messi necesita en la selección. Es el mismo jugador que hizo falta en la final del Mundial y en la del sábado; el que une el medio con el ataque; el que asiste a Messi y le da un respiro al equipo con sus arranques. Además de tener mucho gol.

Cuando se encuentra Di María en el campo, Argentina es otra, pero hay veces en las que lesiones o expulsiones de jugadores clave hacen que los partidos den un giro inesperado.

Chile fue la selección que mejor jugó durante la Copa. Siempre hizo y buscó un fútbol muy ofensivo. A priori todos pensábamos que Sampaoli iba a sacar a Valdivia y poner un mediocampista más defensivo, pero fiel a su estilo, jugó de la misma manera. No presionó tan arriba, así no quedaba expuesto atrás. Cada salida Argentina la cortaba con faltas tácticas, lo cual le permitía reagruparse bien. Hizo un muy buen planteo y a medida que pasaron los minutos y con la salida de Di María, a Argentina se le hizo difícil llegar a pesar de que en los últimos minutos tuvo claras chance.

Es difícil encontrar una figura, pero por ser Chile el campeón tiene que salir de esa selección. En ella encontramos a muchos jugadores con un muy buen nivel. Vidal, Vargas, que fue el goleador junto con Guerrero, Alexis, Valdivia, Aránguiz y Medel. Cada uno en su función desplegó un gran nivel.

Finalizó una Copa América muy pareja, que fue el preámbulo de unas Eliminatorias muy difíciles.
I always repected Forlán, much better than Godin.

He is the same as Zidane was to France; with Forlan, Uruguay was a great team; without him, another team altogether.

Forlán always has been pure class.

In fact, to me he is along Javier Zanetti from Argentina, the two examples that every kid should follow when it comes to be a true gentleman in the field.

FuuRe

Forlán always has been pure class.

In fact, to me he is along Javier Zanetti from Argentina, the two examples that every kid should follow when it comes to be a true gentleman in the field.

And Chevantón, don't forget Chevantón

fome la wea

janoDX

You can't take serious someone who uses "Jhon Uchiha" as his main real name on the internet. You can't. Or you post your real full name for credibility or not.

9241aa7d1fa609ab009c063b93a2ead9.jpg

Alebrije

Good for Chile but this also was one of the lamest cups in history, weak teams and low quality matches most of them. Teams afraid to win playing defensive, cero jogo bonito.

xbhaskarx

Some people say Messi can't be the greatest player of all time until he wins the World Cup... given how Argentina lost in the World Cup final and now Copa America final, it's that basically saying that Messi can't be the greatest because he's the same nationality as Gonzalo Higuain?

Some people say Messi can't be the greatest player of all time until he wins the World Cup...

That's not a real argument. The more important is how well he played the tournament. He showed his class in both tournaments, despite not showing his full potential for reasons.

xbhaskarx

That's not a real argument. The more important is how well he played the tournament. He showed his class in both tournaments, despite not showing his full potential for reasons.

I'm not the one making the argument. I think anyone who says that is an idiot. Winning the World Cup is not an individual accomplishment, basically these people are saying that the best player can't come from a small nation.

Some people say Messi can't be the greatest player of all time until he wins the World Cup... given how Argentina lost in the World Cup final and now Copa America final, it's that basically saying that Messi can't be the greatest because he's the same nationality as Gonzalo Higuain?
I sure hope that in next year they use Paulo Dybala and/or Mauro Icardi.

Regarding how Messi can't ever be better than Maradona if he doesn't win anything with the national team... Maradona never won the Copa America either, and the one World Cup he did win, he cheated, and he did have an all-star team on his side. No Gonzalo Higuain in '86.

Edit: Other ways Higuain's penalty kick could've failed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJwJEN-VFg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom