• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corona has proven that most people are spineless and cowards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teslerum

What is the goal after flattening? That everyone eventually gets used to being exposed to it like our current diseases? People are acting like they're not going to get this, but almost everyone will.

As mentioned a million times, so that our individual healthcare isn't getting overwhelmed.

Because otherwise you end up like Italy where doctors have to choose who to let die, medicine gets scare (I'm not in italy, but we already have to ration painkillers as well) and incidents OTHER than the coronavirus have trouble getting treated.

What for example happens when theres a large accident and the hospitals and ICU's are already at full capacity? What about the people that have conditions that need regular checkups? What about the people that suddenly develop other, more serious illneses? What happens when there are no beds, doctors and even ambulances (Again, REALITY in Italy) to take care of you?

Point is, when hospitals are fucked, society is fucked as well. And at that point doctors are literary forced to become Judge, Jury and Executioner.
Trust me, you don't want that.

Last edited:
As mentioned a million times, so that our individual healthcare isn't getting overwhelmed.

Because otherwise you end up like Italy where doctors have to choose who to let die, medicine gets scare (I'm not in italy, but we already have to ration painkillers as well) and incidents OTHER than the coronavirus have trouble getting treated.

What for example happens when theres a large accident and the hospitals and ICU's are already at full capacity? What about the people that have conditions that need regular checkups? What about the people that suddenly develop other, more serious illneses? What happens when there are no beds, doctors and even ambulances (Again, REALITY in Italy) to take care of you?

Point is, when hospitals are fucked, society is fucked as well. And at that point doctors are literary forced to become Judge, Jury and Executioner.
Trust me, you don't want that.

No it's not, it's to gradually reduce the perks of society in the west and other civilized countries. Take away as much as you can from an average citizen, gradually. Take away all of their individual rights, their property.

Then when it's all said and done dismiss any claims like they're trash.

This is a power grab.

It's so easy to have a big internet cock about this when you are not in the risk group.
I can understand that people are scared, and want to have proper medical care in the case they get this shit.
Which they won't, if we healthy people spread it too fast.

It's not that hard to understand.

Teslerum

No it's not, it's to gradually reduce the perks of society in the west and other civilized countries. Take away as much as you can from an average citizen, gradually. Take away all of their individual rights, their property.

Then when it's all said and done dismiss any claims like they're trash.

This is a power grab.

Uhm, ok? It's still reality in Italy. You may disagree with the reasons for the shutdown. But everything I wrote her, is in fact happening in Italy:

Lombardy welfare councillor Giulio Gallera told reporters last Saturday that “there are no more ambulances” in areas around Milan.

But if that's something you find acceptable... You do you. Just hope that you will not be in an accident with nobody available to help you.

Edit: A huge factor in why the coronavirus sucks, is that serious patients need a shitload of time to recover. Time where they cost resources that can't be used for someone else. Even the clear deaths usually take over a week which is insane.

Last edited:
Uhm, ok? It's still reality in Italy. You may disagree with the reasons for the shutdown. But everything I wrote her, is in fact happening in Italy:

But if that's something you find acceptable... You do you. Just hope that you will not be in an accident with nobody available to help you.

Edit: A huge factor in why the coronavirus sucks, is that serious patients need a shitload of time to recover. Time where they cost resources that can't be used for someone else. Even the clear deaths usually take over a week which is insane.

In Italy, so we condemn everyone else to a life of poverty everywhere else in the world?

I'm sorry but I'm not falling for this bullshit anymore.

Go pick up your shit from Wal-Mart, and if you are caught outside in closed hours you will be shot in the back.

Last edited:
Coronatards versus Flu Bros

This thread is going to be so good.

AC7Q8r5.gif

NOt everything is polar opposite. There's a sensible line between covidiot (you heard it here first!) and flubro
I would choose temporary isolation over a small chance of dying any day of the week.

Do you ever drive a car, fly on a plane, cross the street?
Imagine thinking rolling the dice with a 10% chance of dying is nbd

No extreme sports for you then? Or driving...Or flying...

Super Mario

Banned
Imagine thinking rolling the dice with a 10% chance of dying is nbd

Imagine shutting down the entire world because 10% of people who are old, sickly, etc who catch the virus, may die.

It's getting old to hear about older relatives. If you are so concerned about them, what is your ask? Is it asking for everyone else to stop spreading it? If someone is high risk, and has a concern, they should be self-quarantined. Video chat them, call them. No one needs to go there. Pickup some groceries for them if you can.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
In Italy, so we condemn everyone else to a life of poverty everywhere else in the world?

I'm sorry but I'm not falling for this bullshit anymore.

Go pick up your shit from Wal-Mart, and if you are caught outside in closed hours you will be shot in the back.

I'm in Spain, in Barcelona. Our region's (Catalonia) healthcare system is going to experience maximum stress this weekend and total collapse next week. At that point, you can't get medical attention anymore. It means if your appendix bursts you die. If you have a bad fall and break a bone badly, you die. Because there's no doctors to treat you.

Right now they've started conscripting retired physicians and medical college students in their last year of college to attempt to delay the collapse.

-Minsc-

This quarantine thing does have a blessing. It's showing how ill-prepared we are for shit to hit the fan. Everyone just wants to have fun without a care and the current fear is a result.

Current events are making me think. My father passed away two weeks ago this coming Saturday. Not COVID-19. He had many health issues. Back in 1988 he had Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and at that time they apparently didn't shield the heart during the radiation treatment. The doctors told him he'd have trouble with his heart in twenty five years. Six years ago he had a heart valve replacement and was taking Lasix to help drain fluid build up off his body. Around this time last year he was in the hospital for pneumonia and had been sedated for two to three weeks. Last Canada Day (July 1st) he had to go in and get units of blood due to low platelet count. Since then I'll estimate he had around 40 units of blood. The medication for his heart condition was also having a negative effect on his liver and kidneys. This February he went in for a blood infection. After being released he had to carry around a pump which would inject and antibiotic into him. Every morning he had to go in to the hospital and get the antibiotic topped off, this was supposed to continue until around mid March. Having to go in every day really drained a lot out of him. March 3rd they sent him to emergency when he went to same day treatment. Wednesday, March 4th, they gave him the formal word his kidney's were failing and they didn't expect him to recover. He was not a candidate for kidney dialysis, though he didn't want it anyway. I last had a conversation with him the evening of March 5th. Talked with him until he passed out due to sleeping medication. Friday night he wasn't very responsive, though he did say good night after we said good night. Early Satruday morning they called us in, by 1:25pm he passed away.

I'm in Spain, in Barcelona. Our region's (Catalonia) healthcare system is going to experience maximum stress this weekend and total collapse next week. At that point, you can't get medical attention anymore. It means if your appendix bursts you die. If you have a bad fall and break a bone badly, you die. Because there's no doctors to treat you.

Right now they've started conscripting retired physicians and medical college students in their last year of college to attempt to delay the collapse.

How's that Catalonia independence going.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
People don't want to get the virus not because they are scared of it but because of the elderly people in their lives have a high risk of dying to it.

At least the gays are safe from this horrible illness
Nobody tell him.

Last edited by a moderator:

bumpkin

I’ll just say I am more worried about being unable to put food on the table and have TP to wipe my ass than I am about getting sick. The messed up thing is it should be the other way around.

Everyone stripping stores bare with no regard for anyone else (see the litany of photos of carts full of one item) is making this thing way worse than it needs to be.

Last edited:
So. The stats and shit. I saw all that. The thing is, I still think it's just a god damn flu. If you're younger then 60, you have more then 90% chance of survival.
The lockdown has also come to my country, and people going to the shops and over buying, practially fighting like some animals. This is very sad. I saw my friends panic and go into hiding mode in their house.
I was shocked to learn that a lot of people I knew are such cowards. What's so wrong with having a 5% chance of dying? It's not even 5% percent but let's say it's 20%. So what? Why are people such cowards?
Are you so terrified of dying that you're willing to live like an indoor cuck? I personally am not gonna respect any of these imposed rules. Can't go for a fucking walk? If I see a cop on the street telling me I need to go home, Imma have a fierce discussion with that cop.
And I've seen the panicking on GAF as well. What is wrong with you people? Why the hell are you so afraid of a flu? If you're meant to die, so be it.
You fucking dumbass. You have no idea what your talking about. You may not be at risk but you can carry it to someone that does. The more people get sick the more hospital beds are full. What if you have a workplace injury then. When they leave on the street corner crying dont come back and post. Use logic people it's not about you and your fucking freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom