• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

ManaByte

Really eye opening podcast here. Appreciate the behind the scenes insight Kirsch was dropping on the bureaucratic level. Trying to find some of the Tess Lawrie studies that he was referring to.

Do not read the comments to that Tweet. It's an anti-vaxxer rabbit hole of stupidity.

QSD

I am at the same place you are. It’s concerning (I got both Pfizer shots), but I haven’t been able to contextualize it yet. I do know my kids (both under 8) aren’t getting any of these shots right now. I’m a bit nervous about the moderate to long term effects. But I’ve had no issues to this point.
Yeah I would certainly feel the same way about the kids. A lot of the claims they make in the podcast sound very alarming but I'm not really qualified to adjudicate, I only have a very basic understanding of biology. Posted the interview here to see what other people make of it.

Caveat: The Weinsteins certainly have their detractors, probably the most eloquent being the guys at the "Decoding the Gurus Podcast": https://decoding-the-gurus.captivate.fm/ who have made it their mission to de-frock the internet's slew of "public intellectuals" (edit but slightly in danger of becoming gurus themselves)

Last edited:

vpance

I'm not sure what to think yet, I haven't had time to fully digest it. The rather alarming looking graph they show at about 30 minutes in, it would seem to me that the simplest explanation of that is that the overall number of vaccinations in 2021 is far higher than in the previous years shown...?

When Bret and Steve talk it seems like every other person had some kind of freaky adverse reaction to the mRNA vaccines. That hasn't been my experience at all. In my immediate environment (family, friends, colleagues and clients) I only know of one person (out of say 60-70) that had a real adverse/allergic reaction (developed a serious rash all over). The clients in question are people with chronic psychiatric problems (assisted living), not usually the most healthy or resilient population due to the toxic load of some psychiatric medications, but zero adverse reactions there so far.

Other than that so far I'm slightly less frustrated now that I got AstraZeneca LOL

I mean, it's your anecdotal evidence vs their anecdotal evidence. Not much else to derive from it. It's better to focus on the reports and studies they talk about.

Haven't had a chance to look at the report yet but according to the 2 on the podcast the adverse reactions and deaths have gone well above traditional thresholds of measurement for concern.

QSD

I mean, it's your anecdotal evidence vs their anecdotal evidence. Not much else to derive from it. It's better to focus on the reports and studies they talk about.]
I know, it was kinda meant to invite other people here to share their experiences with the vaccine, good or bad.

EDIT: whoah so in the comments people were complaining about Steve's interrupting and monologuing in the podcast... now he's responded with what must be one of the longest youtube comments in history. He comes across as slightly unhinged to me TBF.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
And you're a rude, panicky fool who only reads headlines, spends too much time on social media, and doesn't bother to actually dig down into the evidence surrounding vaccine safety.

But hell, what's even the point at this stage? You've convinced yourself that the vaccines are dangerous because you've stumbled across a few very rare cases of people having adverse reactions (which happens with every single vaccine and other drug on the market) and nothing anyone else says will dissuade you from this viewpoint.

But to Griffon Griffon : ignore me, dude. Go see a doctor. The chances that you have anything wrong with you are vanishingly small, but if it will set your mind at rest, then I certainly shouldn't dissuade you from doing it.

Are you describing yourself? And don’t worry, nobody listens to you dude, that’s why you try so hard.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I know, it was kinda meant to invite other people here to share their experiences with the vaccine, good or bad.
Mine were positive. No issues. Most of my friends/family/colleagues were fine too, aside from the normal arm soreness and one day of feeling off. The complainers tended to be those who are prone to anxiety issues and "hey look at me I'm important" attention seeker types, so I don't give their issues that much attention. There were a few legit ones I was concerned about who already have immune issues and aren't in the greatest of health, but their issues only lasted no more than 3 days.

Reactions: QSD
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Bret Weinstein's latest podcast is topical:

Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of mRNA Vaccine technology. Mr. Steve Kirsch is a serial entrepreneur who has been researching adverse reactions to COVID vaccines. Dr. Bret Weinstein is an evolutionary biologist. Bret talks to Robert and Steve about the pandemic, treatment and the COVID vaccines.

Thanks for sharing that. Steve is rather insufferable on this podcast (seems to be taking out his frustrations on his friends), but he brings a lot of important information to the table and it was a fascinating discussion. I'm definitely going to be taking a look at his site and looking into what he has there, because if even half of it is true, then we are going to be in for a world of hurt...

Chaplain

Bret Weinstein's latest podcast is topical:

Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of mRNA Vaccine technology. Mr. Steve Kirsch is a serial entrepreneur who has been researching adverse reactions to COVID vaccines. Dr. Bret Weinstein is an evolutionary biologist. Bret talks to Robert and Steve about the pandemic, treatment and the COVID vaccines.

Timestamps for the latest podcast:

00:00 Introductions
02:20 This must be discussed
03:13 Will herd immunity be reached?
07:58 Spike protein is very dangerous
13:45 FDA knew it could be toxic if it didn't stay stuck
18:09 Vaccine sufferers censored
23:26 Reviewing the FDA data package
26:41 Corners were cut
27:52 Steve looking at VAERS
32:37 Robert's friends at the FDA and the emergency use authorisation
37:38 Risk benefit and quality life years
40:18 Alternative to vaccines
44:19 Mask wearing RCT
45:28 Three anomalies around vaccines
46:05 Fluvoxamine trials
51:00 Two million dollar offer and the NIH
52:13 Robert's view of the NIH
53:00 Regulatory capture
54:41 Fauci's emails
56:30 Merck on Ivermectin
59:24 Emergent phenomenon
01:01:42 Vaccine deaths
01:03:24 Tess Lawrie's vaccine safety data
01:04:43 Difference between the gene therapy vaccines
01:06:40 Self reported deaths from vaccines
01:09:18 Adverse reactions
01:17:12 Robert on V-safe database
01:19:30 Social media censorship
01:22:20 Steve's experience with denial
01:24:17 Two teams
01:28:20 "Don't come back until your lips are blue"
01:30:52 "Treat people early with drugs"
01:32:11 Ignoring frontline doctors
01:35:39 Financial incentives
01:37:28 Response to demand for RCT on ivermectin
01:38:39 Robert's personal experience with repurposing drugs
01:40:52 Mink and ferrets lab research
01:43:53 Robert on animal model for COVID treatment
01:46:33 Ivermectin works
01:49:13 Repurposing drugs
01:52:17 Doctors ignoring treatments
01:55:31 Effective treatments for long haulers
01:56:45 Robert's response on incentives and hospital liability
02:01:42 Additional antiviral and Gilead overlooking it
02:03:13 Communication is forbidden
02:04:53 Using antivirals as soon as virus presents
02:06:41 Multiple drugs at once and Dr Drew
02:11:02 Trials with drug combinations
02:13:53 Criticism of Fauci and mechanisms of action for ivermectin
02:17:35 Pfizer data on where the vaccine spike protein goes
02:20:42 Spike protein in the ovaries and bone marrow
02:22:12 FDA signals of risk from vaccines and auto-immune issues
02:27:41 Bret summarises and discusses additional harms
02:28:31 Vaccines possibly causing escape mutants
02:31:56 Antibody dependent enhancement (ADE)
02:38:19 Why did Robert and Steve get vaccinated?
02:40:54 Summary of risks including coagulation problems
02:42:41 FDA, thalidomide, and reproductive toxicity
02:48:12 Vaccinating adolescents
02:50:00 Steve on vaccinating his children and the response he receives
02:56:38 Don't be a pioneer, you'll get arrows in the ass
03:00:01 Extended regulatory capture
03:01:10 Can Elon Musk save the planet?
03:05:17 Pharmaceutical industry offshore
03:08:59 Steve's solution, plea to big tech employees, and vaccine long haulers
03:13:41 Robert speaking to big tech employees
03:15:55 Wrap up

highrider

Banned
I had the moderna vaccine. Lot of soreness and very tired for a couple days after the second. I’m sure I’ve developed natural immunity, but my parents are in their 80s. I was willing to inject myself with sketchy, Bill Gates drugs to ease their minds. Because they’re scared, I understand. It’s really sad to see adults gripped by fear. I was watching this special where they were asking vaccinated people why they were still wearing masks outside. It was really enlightening.

Last edited:

TheFarter

Banned

Raven117

Like 10/20 percent of people in my city are still wearing masks at the grocery store. This is down considerably since two weeks ago where that percentage was flipped.

Feels good for this to be over. It does seem like people are more looking around at faces now.

covid is done in the US.

BouncyFrag

Why is this not being reported in the news? I haven't seen anything on my local or anything. Places of buisness need to know this too. Can make a big difference in how people think, I'd think! Maybe not? Maybe people who have had covid and passed through it, just maybe possibly, they could not be considered "anti vaxxers"
Ask Big Pharma.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This stuff is just toxic and not helpful to anyone right now IMO

It's just more attempts to politicize the pandemic or the response to it. There's still zero evidence it was either man made and/or "escaped" from some lab. Most scientists agree it's just another virus, borne naturally and made the leap from some animal to humans.

I just ignore them. They're like grandma constantly posting cringe stuff on Facebook that everyone with an IQ above that of a hamster ignores.

Last edited:

pel1300

Why is this not being reported in the news? I haven't seen anything on my local or anything. Places of buisness need to know this too. Can make a big difference in how people think, I'd think! Maybe not? Maybe people who have had covid and passed through it, just maybe possibly, they could not be considered "anti vaxxers"
If you trust the mainstream media still.... I don't know what to tell you.

I will be buying a ton of ivermectin. I am in Mexico where it is over the counter and has been used for covid - but because Mexico has been open and business as usual for an entire year now, it didn't make headlines. As for ivermectin....in light of how much videos about it are going viral now - I suspect it will get VERY expensive soon especially since 3rd world countries will latch onto it.

Liljagare

Here in Sweden, it seems that the Indian Delta variant is gaining a foot hold.. :\

I still think that this coming winter will be really interesting, to see how the new variants actually perform against the vaccines. We haven't even see any really large mutations yet.

On that note, finally got my first jab, the vaccinations here are finally hitting large numbers, took a while to get going, but I think we're at 55% first jabbed 30% something two jabs.

Porcile

Every time the UK ramps up testing, the cases rise....... There must be some kind of correlation :unsure:

Exactly. Up your test count, increase the number of cases. Decrease your test count, case numbers go down. Japan are masters of this manipulation.

The constant daily barrage of numbers are almost totally worthless now.

Griffon

So I'm just off from the hospital, they did a bunch of exams and told I had nothing or at the very least no measurable data yet.
Simply told to come back later if I don't get any better.

So in short, I'm not in any immediate danger, but I still feel like shit and nobody knows if it can evolve into actual myocarditis.

I guess I'll just have to see, my second Pfizer shot is set for the end of the month. If things don't get much better I'll just go to the hospital again and get checked beforehand.

Either way I don't know if I'll do the second shot at all, that shit is really suspicious.

Last edited:

Belgorim

Exactly. Up your test count, increase the number of cases. Decrease your test count, case numbers go down. Japan are masters of this manipulation.

The constant daily barrage of numbers are almost totally worthless now.
How do the government affect testing numbers? Here people decide to test themselves if they have symptoms. If less people test, less people probably have symptoms. It is easy to get a free test.

Porcile

How do the government affect testing numbers? Here people decide to test themselves if they have symptoms. If less people test, less people probably have symptoms. It is easy to get a free test.

Sorry. Probably posting through my Japan lens here, where it's nigh on impossible to get a test if you only have mild symptoms.

Cyberpunkd

Nah bro, you will still be getting anecdotal evidence. Stop trying to always spin it as ‘just asking questions’ and ‘trying to educate myself’, this shit won’t fly in 2021.

You were injected with a few ml of typical vaccine, as did hundreds of millions of other people. No, you will not suddenly drop dead, not will it rewrite your genome 20 years from now, that’s not how any of this shit works.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

The government can scale back the testing thus decreasing the number of daily cases since testing x positive rate = new cases.

Exactly this shit happened in Poland where you had way lower cases than France, but somehow deaths were on the same level (I have a double nationality so I follow both countries). Surprise! Poland was testing at a fraction of France.

Last edited:

QSD

Thanks for sharing that. Steve is rather insufferable on this podcast (seems to be taking out his frustrations on his friends), but he brings a lot of important information to the table and it was a fascinating discussion. I'm definitely going to be taking a look at his site and looking into what he has there, because if even half of it is true, then we are going to be in for a world of hurt...
You're welcome, I'd never heard of this Steve guy before, my first association is he should apply for the "there are dozens of us! dozens!" meme guy position.

Anyway I'm glad that we're at least still able to discuss this here. You're right that if this turns out to be as bad as they say it is, there is going to be hell to pay. We'll be discussing the sociology of the pandemic and the surrounding narratives for a long time to come I think.

I'm still treading somewhat carefully here, those guys at the "decoding the gurus" podcast do a good job of criticizing the "IDW" (as it stands) and they generally take Bret (and Eric) to task for "intellectual hipsterism" and self-aggrandizement. (taking just about every anti-establishment stance they can find, and projecting an overly romantic idea of themselves as renegades/mavericks) I'd be curious to hear what they make of this new podcast.

QSD

Nah bro, you will still be getting anecdotal evidence. Stop trying to always spin it as ‘just asking questions’ and ‘trying to educate myself’, this shit won’t fly in 2021.

You were injected with a few ml of typical vaccine, as did hundreds of millions of other people. No, you will not suddenly drop dead, not will it rewrite your genome 20 years from now, that’s not how any of this shit works.
I don't know what's up with this, you're just putting words into my mouth. I'm in no fear (more than usual anyway) of dying. I do however want to know what other people make of the Podcast I posted. And I'm also interested in hearing people's anecdotes, as I'm pretty sure if problems were to come to light about the safety of the vaccines, there will be a lot of people in whose interest it is to bury the story for as long as possible.

Cyberpunkd

I don't know what's up with this, you're just putting words into my mouth. I'm in no fear (more than usual anyway) of dying. I do however want to know what other people make of the Podcast I posted. And I'm also interested in hearing people's anecdotes, as I'm pretty sure if problems were to come to light about the safety of the vaccines, there will be a lot of people in whose interest it is to bury the story for as long as possible.
I work in the pharmaceutical industry. Open every single medicine you have at home, look at the leaflet supplied (obligatory), it will list possible side effect (obligatory). That’s all there is to it. Count the blood cloth cases and deaths per million, compare them with literally walking out of your front door, the chance of dying is higher for the latter.

Vaccines are safe because we are talking about billions of dollars spend on R&D in order to bring one product through three phases of clinical trials to the market. Do you really want to gamble that much money if you are a company?

Chaplain

So I'm just off from the hospital, they did a bunch of exams and told I had nothing or at the very least no measurable data yet.
Simply told to come back later if I don't get any better.

So in short, I'm not in any immediate danger, but I still feel like shit and nobody knows if it can evolve into actual myocarditis.

I guess I'll just have to see, my second Pfizer shot is set for the end of the month. If things don't get much better I'll just go to the hospital again and get checked beforehand.

Either way I don't know if I'll do the second shot at all, that shit is really suspicious.

So sorry, bro. It sounds emotionally distressful to not have answers to what you are experiencing.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It's just more attempts to politicize the pandemic or the response to it. There's still zero evidence it was either man made and/or "escaped" from some lab. Most scientists agree it's just another virus, borne naturally and made the leap from some animal to humans.

I just ignore them. They're like grandma constantly posting cringe stuff on Facebook that everyone with an IQ above that of a hamster ignores.

There's lots of circumstantial evidence of a lab leak. There's no direct evidence, and we only know what China tell us about that.

QSD

I work in the pharmaceutical industry. Open every single medicine you have at home, look at the leaflet supplied (obligatory), it will list possible side effect (obligatory). That’s all there is to it. Count the blood cloth cases and deaths per million, compare them with literally walking out of your front door, the chance of dying is higher for the latter.
I realize this but this doesn't preclude that it could be true that the new vaccines are having unexpected long-term effects. The new vaccines can not have been tested in a huge, genetically diverse population, there wasn't enough time. We should at least be open to new information as the rollout continues.

Vaccines are safe because we are talking about billions of dollars spend on R&D in order to bring one product through three phases of clinical trials to the market. Do you really want to gamble that much money if you are a company?
I never said vaccines were unsafe. These specific covid vaccines may be, because they were developed under significant time- and social pressure and the incentive to deliver is likely higher than the incentive towards safety. In the podcast they talk about the procedures and where they were "streamlined".

Other than that, people love gambing and in a situation like this, where the potential wins are enormous, I'm almost certain that risks were taken. If it turns out that it was a bad gamble, there will be a lot of people with a vested interest in never making that public.

Cyberpunkd

The new vaccines can not have been tested in a huge, genetically diverse population, there wasn't enough time. We should at least be open to new information as the rollout continues.
This is the case with every new medicine, significant amount of criticism is being levied each time when your cost reasons new drugs are being routinely tested in APAC region

Airola

And in that podcast there was Robert Malone who is one of the inventors of mRNA vaccine technology so he knows a thing or two about vaccines and vaccine trials. So it's your word against his. And it's not about just blood clots, but they also talk about the possible effect on bone marrow and women's ovaries and the possibility of a new much worse virus appearing because of this, etc. They talk about the subject for over 3 hours and show data to back up their claims.

The thing that bugs me the most with the whole thing is that there is and there has been since the beginning cheap drugs that seem to be very effective against medical problems covid19 causes, and that talk about this has been suppressed and even censored. There's no excuse for that. Hell, as I've mentioned before, here in Finland one company has now started to make a very promising drug where two of its three ingredients are ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. Ivermectin is what the people in that podcast are advocating for, and hydroxychloroquine, well, I believe you still remember what talks about that were last year.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I realize this but this doesn't preclude that it could be true that the new vaccines are having unexpected long-term effects. The new vaccines can not have been tested in a huge, genetically diverse population, there wasn't enough time. We should at least be open to new information as the rollout continues.

I never said vaccines were unsafe. These specific covid vaccines may be, because they were developed under significant time- and social pressure and the incentive to deliver is likely higher than the incentive towards safety. In the podcast they talk about the procedures and where they were "streamlined".

Other than that, people love gambing and in a situation like this, where the potential wins are enormous, I'm almost certain that risks were taken. If it turns out that it was a bad gamble, there will be a lot of people with a vested interest in never making that public.

The vaccines enjoyed greatly expanded testing in much larger populations than what is traditional, far beyond anything in the past. They still had the typical months-long observation periods as well. The fact that many, many millions have been vaccinated, scientists have confirmed their effectiveness, and barely anyone has had serious adverse effects, should be more than enough for one to conclude they're OK.

This anti-vax shit needs to stop. It's 2021.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This anti-vax shit needs to stop. It's 2021.

What needs to stop is people like you equating skepticism towards these specific vaccines with being anti-vax in general, especially since the skepticism comes up precisely because these vaccines are very different and there are an unexplainable number of anomalies surrounding them.

There's lots of circumstantial evidence of a lab leak. There's no direct evidence, and we only know what China tell us about that.
No way. The virus just happened to appear a few blocks from one of the only places on earth that manipulates bat coronaviruses. It’s just an unhappy coincidence. So what if a few lab workers from that lab got sick with “covid” like symptoms around what would be the very beginning of the outbreak.

All of science has said it’s a completely natural virus. Facebook has determined the truth…. Ok. So now we know it’s not all scientists. But it’s the most trusted ones. The ones who have been right since the beginning. The Lancet letter… oops, that was put together by one of the leading scientists behind gain-of-function research who had an obvious conflict of interest? Whoops. Well I’m sure Facebook didn’t cite the Lancet letter as major evidence to suppress the idea of a lab manipulated virus… oh they did? Oops again. But I’m sure after 18 months, we have at least found the evolutionary intermediary between animals and humans. Oh, we haven’t? Darn it.

Seems like a pattern of oopsies. But I’m sure it’s all just a coincidence. We should definitely not question the “consensus”, even if it’s being driven by censorship and conflicts of interest. Remember. Criticism of the “right” people is criticism of science itself.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
What needs to stop is people like you equating skepticism towards these specific vaccines with being anti-vax in general, especially since the skepticism comes up precisely because these vaccines are very different and there are an unexplainable number of anomalies surrounding them.

People have been researching mRNA vaccines for years, it's why they were so easily able to be put into practice rapidly.

What's unexplainable? Did some random guy on YT tell you there's "unexplainable" anomalies?

Not trying to be a dick, but all the info one would ever want is right there out in the open to read about these vaccines, and more info is coming almost daily. Yes, they're a modern marvel of science being the first mRNA vaccines, but they're understood to a great amount. I mean, people created them and they work. They had to design them on a genetic level so to speak. It's not like they're some shadowy mystery.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What's unexplainable? Did some random guy on YT tell you there's "unexplainable" anomalies?

No, credible experts are highlighting anomalies from publicly available data (or data obtained via various freedom of information act or equivalent requests).

Is Dr. Robert Malone some "random guy on YT" to you? Why?

It's basically circular logic at play: the experts tell us it's safe --> this expert is raising an alarm that they may not be in these ways --> he's just a kook and shouldn't be listened to because --> the experts tell us its safe!

As soon as someone raises skepticism, they are ostracized and fall out of the group of experts. You can only be an expert if you agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
People have been researching mRNA vaccines for years, it's why they were so easily able to be put into practice rapidly.

Not trying to be a dick, but all the info one would ever want is right there out in the open to read about these vaccines, and more info is coming almost daily. Yes, they're a modern marvel of science being the first mRNA vaccines, but they're understood to a great amount. I mean, people created them and they work. They had to design them on a genetic level so to speak. It's not like they're some shadowy mystery.
I don’t think we should be so anxious to shut down conversations. People are allowed to have their concerns. You’re right that we’ve given these to millions and millions of people. They are relatively safe. Of course, covid is “relatively mild” for the vast, vast majority too. The vaccines appear, at this point, to be much much safer than getting covid, especially in the older populations. But I don’t think it’s wrong to look at some of this data about spikes in heart inflammation in younger people and have some apprehension. Hopefully, as the data becomes more clear, people’s fears will be put at ease. But shutting down the conversation seems like you’re afraid to even talk about it.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
No way. The virus just happened to appear a few blocks from one of the only places on earth that manipulates bat coronaviruses. It’s just an unhappy coincidence. So what if a few lab workers from that lab got sick with “covid” like symptoms around what would be the very beginning of the outbreak.

All of science has said it’s a completely natural virus. Facebook has determined the truth…. Ok. So now we know it’s not all scientists. But it’s the most trusted ones. The ones who have been right since the beginning. The Lancet letter… oops, that was put together by one of the leading scientists behind gain-of-function research who had an obvious conflict of interest? Whoops. Well I’m sure Facebook didn’t cite the Lancet letter as major evidence to suppress the idea of a lab manipulated virus… oh they did? Oops again. But I’m sure after 18 months, we have at least found the evolutionary intermediary between animals and humans. Oh, we haven’t? Darn it.

Seems like a pattern of oopsies. But I’m sure it’s all just a coincidence. We should definitely not question the “consensus”, even if it’s being driven by censorship and conflicts of interest. Remember. Criticism of the “right” people is criticism of science itself.

As Gobbie pointed out, this is why such talk is toxic.

There are over 50 such labs in the world that research viruses at this level.

We don't know if it came from bats yet. We don't know if it was modified. You're suggesting that this is some kind of radically new virus when it's not, it's just another coronavirus that happened to be highly contagious and dangerous.

You've fallen into the typical conspiracy theorist hole of ignorance and don't even realize it. Please stop with this shit in this new thread so we can discuss actual news and science. Pretty please.

Top Bottom