• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossFireX is a mess

I think the issue is how Games like Crossfire X have been promoted. I linked to a previous post, that I have listed links of all the affiliated youtubers/Sites including Major Nelson were promoting this game. And a lot of somewhat big Proi xbox channels were promoting Crossfire X because of Remedy's involvement. Which until campaign released on its own we had no clue what state the campaign was in.

And now we know they had very little involvement in design of the game. But it was still promoted as being a fairly big deal in Microsoft's 2020 game collection.

So 🤷‍♂️
Literally the only thing I even heard about this game was the horrible title and people making fun of it.

Papacheeks

Banned
Does any video or article explain why the campaign is bad? Other than it is being episodic?

Fire and Ice talk about it a little, I guess AI is straight up dogshit. And shooting feels more like those Gameloft COD knockoffs.

Which is weird in the way the trailers depict the game from previous promo's.

Literally the only thing I even heard about this game was the horrible title and people making fun of it.

You've been under a rock. Like up until sometime last year Colteastwood, Destin, IGN Unlocked podcast, Kinda Funny XBox have talked about this game, even major Nelson and bring it up, Only up until last half of 2021 did a lot of stuff go dark. And I think its because like someone else in this thread or the other about Crossfire, that the development was not coming along.

Changes they said they were making, I guess never were changed?

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

The multiplayer is a janky mess. Like laugh out loud funny. Not a good look for Gamepass.

How do I download the free campaign? Both looked paid…

anthony2690

Gold Member
Or maybe with the consecutive months Xbox has had nothing, it's possibly a good talking point when comparing Gamepass to services like Netflix. WHich is the larger talking point of keeping people subbed and happy throughout the year and not just put all your eggs into 2 -3 months?
I feel like game pass has been pretty solid with a wide range off genres every month this past year. (Obviously games you like and dislike are subjective)

Also Destin, who you moan about above, never propped this game up, he said in the ign single player preview many months ago that it wasn't very good.

I personally installed crossfire X, went to try multiplayer turned my camera, saw it had aim acceleration and no way to turn it off and instantly uninstalled, no time for that XD

It is a shame how crossfire X turned out, for those looking forward too it though.

Papacheeks

Banned
I feel like game pass has been pretty solid with a wide range off genres every month this past year. (Obviously games you like and dislike are subjective)

Also Destin, who you moan about above, never propped this game up, he said in the ign single player preview many months ago that it wasn't very good.

I personally installed crossfire X, went to try multiplayer turned my camera, saw it had aim acceleration and no way to turn it off and instantly uninstalled, no time for that XD

It is a shame how crossfire X turned out, for those looking forward too it though.

you mean this one from December?

Papacheeks

Banned
i do wanna try it.. when they gonna fix the gamepass version

I mean Microsoft themselves are now getting involved and commented. I think this is more or less a store/app issue so its more of Microsoft's deal than the developer at this point. They'll fix it.

JTCx

If you knew that several months ago, why were you predicting it could be a huge hit less than a month ago?

giphy.gif

anthony2690

Gold Member
you mean this one from December?

Wasn't aware he had his own YouTube channel. (Nor do I really care)

But no, I literally said in my post, the video he did for IGN... (No idea why you've gone and linked something unrelated and asked if I meant that, despite me specifically saying IGN)

Papacheeks

Banned
Wasn't aware he had his own YouTube channel. (Nor do I really care)

But no, I literally said in my post, the video he did for IGN... (No idea why you've gone and linked something unrelated and asked if I meant that, despite me specifically saying IGN)

i posted it in a previous post in this thread? And sorry that they were weeks apart? But he like many others up until December 17 was talking about crossfire across multiple shows for IGN and his channel. People have known the game isnt good from the beta, but he didn't play it in 2020.

But people like him, and others from Unlocked, major nelson promoted this game, and keep talking about Remedy's involvement like it was going to magically make the game 100% better.

And he even hopes in that video the MP will be better.

He also doesnt rip it apart because he cant at the time it was preview release code.

My point still stands. Go look a week or so prior on unlocked or his channel and its obvious he heavily promotes the game. When all the signs prior were there that it was not going to be good.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Gold Member
i posted it in a previous post in this thread? And sorry that they were weeks apart? But he like many others up until December 17 was talking about crossfire across multiple shows for IGN and his channel. People have known the game isnt good from the beta, but he didn't play it in 2020.

But people like him, and others from Unlocked, major nelson promoted this game, and keep talking about Remedy's involvement like it was going to magically make the game 100% better.
He states he was excited for it at the start of the ign video, I mean I was and I can imagine many others were, if you didn't play the beta back in 2019/20 whenever it was, it looked like a good time, from some of the trailers & I think many had high hopes due to remedy doing the single player. (What is understandable if you like their games, they have a pretty solid track record)

After playing it, he is honest and says it isn't good.

And Major Nelson and Xbox unlocked are paid to advertise games, they can't exactly tweet, don't play this games it's awful, can they? :p

A little unrelated but have you seen ark on the switch? It's probably the worst thing ever created, but Nintendo still advertised it in their directs and twitter etc.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
They would ignore it if it wasn't threatening to them, and also simultaneously making them jealous. People don't always give you praise when you're right. Sometimes they attack when you're onto something good.

I literally haven't even started the Mass Effect trilogy that got added last month, or Death's Door, Danganronpa, or Nobody Saves the World which is awesome by the way and Xbox exclusive apparently. Mass Effect alone is a $30 game, which pays for 2 months of GP at full price right there. And we typically get another 20 games each month on top of that. But yeah, GP sucks har har har, jokes on us. These people are losers and you're letting their opinions get to you too much. Just play what you like.

Is This guy so far gone with the warring that he actually thinks the only games on Gamepass are exclusives?

Gamepass users got Hitman trilogy, Mass effect trilogy, Deaths Door, Nobody Saves the World, Rainbow Six Extraction, Windjammers 2 and Taiko no Taitsujin in January alone, but he’s here claiming that they’ve had nothing for months!

Mind-boggling.
ME trilogy is from EA Play. I know it's included with GP but anyone can subscribe for cheap on Steam or PS too. I'm not sure why you're giving the credit to GP for that?

Also Hitman 1&2 were giveaways on PS+ years ago and I don't see anyone praising that service. Just saying.
This thread is pretty shocking. Just people generally celebrating that a game releasing day one on gamepass is terrible. Almost childish behaviour. I think I need a break from here. Please can someone ban me for 1 month.
Poor baby 🥺 So much suffering. Why only 1 month? You need perma.

Last edited:
Bingo. I do want to know what they worked on? Were they support studio only, and make the game playable?
Bingo Remedy was used and not responsible. But then in the very next sentence you say you don't know what they worked on? Shouldn't the second sentence come before the 1st?

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
He states he was excited for it at the start of the ign video, I mean I was and I can imagine many others were, if you didn't play the beta back in 2019/20 whenever it was, it looked like a good time, from some of the trailers & I think many had high hopes due to remedy doing the single player. (What is understandable if you like their games, they have a pretty solid track record)

After playing it, he is honest and says it isn't good.

And Major Nelson and Xbox unlocked are paid to advertise games, they can't exactly tweet, don't play this games it awful, can they? :p

A little unrelated but have you seen ark on the switch? It's probably the worst thing ever created, but Nintendo still advertised it in their directs and twitter etc.

Are you talking Ark:Evolved? Also recently saw how MLB looks on switch and my god........how anyone is going to enjoy it on a tv screen is beyond me.

Bingo Remedy was used and not responsible. But then in the very next sentence you say you don't know what they worked on? Shouldn't the first sentence come before the 2nd?

No cause he's right. They used Remedy in mostly it looks on the outside looking in by name only. I am curious to know specifically what they actually worked on unless they were just support for Q/A which I have a hard time believing.

Last edited:

Vognerful

And he even hopes in that video the MP will be better.

He also doesnt rip it apart because he cant at the time it was preview release code.

My point still stands. Go look a week or so prior on unlocked or his channel and its obvious he heavily promotes the game. When all the signs prior were there that it was not going to be good.
What is your original point? Is it about some big fans in YouTube bumping this game up?

Is it about how Xbox promoted this game?

Is it about how game pass promotes low quality games?

anthony2690

Gold Member
Are you talking Ark:Evolved? Also recently saw how MLB looks on switch and my god........how anyone is going to enjoy it on a tv screen is beyond me.
Yes Ark: Survival Evolved (I think that is pretty unpleasant experience on Xbox already tbh, but for some reason people love it) but holy cow, the switch version makes the Xbox version look incredible.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Yes Ark: Survival Evolved (I think that is pretty unpleasant experience on Xbox already tbh, but for some reason people love it) but holy cow, the switch version makes the Xbox version look incredible.

This makes MLB on the switch look like a masterpiece too tbh

OMG holly shit.

kyoji

Can we please stop all this fanboy bs soon?

God damn, and people in here says there's derailing in PlayStation threads, meanwhile the very same people are using any xbox or game pass related threads as a public restroom after a dinner at Taco Bell.

Fucking embarrassing.

Edit: sorry @Mod of War , you posted while I was still writing.
Im stating my opinion, i did nothing wrong. I dont care if i hurt your feelings, and it has nothing to do with fanboying, i can provide posts to back up my statement. Youre embarrassing.

ME trilogy is from EA Play. I know it's included with GP but anyone can subscribe for cheap on Steam or PS too. I'm not sure why you're giving the credit to GP for that?

Also Hitman 1&2 were giveaways on PS+ years ago. Just saying.

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Because EA Play is included with your subscription perhaps? Are people really so triggered to see Game Pass get any praise they have to invent these weird loopholes to try and downplay it?

anthony2690

Gold Member
OMG holly shit.
Nintendo featured this game in their nintendo direct and advertised it on twitter too.

They most likely never played it, and were just doing their job and advertising (like I imagine Major Nelson and the Xbox twitter handles doing with crossfire X and any other titles that might not turn out very well like bf2042 etc)

I don't think they are trying to purposely mislead people.

Playstation even promoted this gem on their YouTube & twitter account too :)

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Nintendo featured this game in their nintendo direct and advertised it on twitter too.

They most likely never played it, and were just doing their job and advertising (like I imagine Major Nelson and the Xbox twitter handles doing with crossfire X and any other titles that might not turn out very well like bf2042 etc)

I don't think they are trying to purposely mislead people.

Playstation even promoted this gem on their YouTube & twitter account too :)

yea we all remember. LOL. But they are not promoting it on a service you pay for. And its not like there is a big director or studio name behind it giving it street credit. And there also were no IGN, Major Nelson, Colteastwood like playstation channels/personalities hyping the game. ALso Black Tiger was never promoted in a sizzle real like Microsoft did when they were building up hype for a new console.

That was promoted like any game thats on PSN. But you are right it was a bad look for sure.

Have not had anything as bad as that thank god get promoted highly from Sony.

All these games are a mess for having zero faithfulness to the original classic board game! It’s not like it’s a common name that could just be a coincidence, no no, they intentionally disrespected the classic! And failure to do crossovers with other board games, come on! Luckily we can do that ourselves:

hungry 90s GIF by Dark Igloo
crossfire x hungry hippos?

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
yea we all remember. LOL. But they are not promoting it on a service you pay for. And its not like there is a big director or studio name behind it giving it street credit. And there also were no IGN, Major Nelson, Colteastwood like playstation channels/personalities hyping the game. ALso Black Tiger was never promoted in a sizzle real like Microsoft did when they were building up hype for a new console.

That was promoted like any game thats on PSN. But you are right it was a bad look for sure.

My GOD you're so invested in this thread, every other reply is from you. Is there nothing in life that brings you joy besides trolling Xbox and Game Pass?

Vognerful

I could provide more, but ill just use mike since hes crying foul. Theres plenty examples go look them up in various threads yourself if youre that interested.
Are you chickening now? Here was your main claim:

Its just funny how many people were capping for GP over these last several months when most if not all the current 3rd party games people were excited for or hyping up are mid to medicore at best. Crossfire is just another example of this.

The question to you is: do you know how many games are added to game pass every month? And you were able to remember 2 games?

Here are the list of games that were announced in early October:

• Phoenix Point – October 1 (Console)
  • Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (Full Release) – October 5 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Crysis Remastered – October 7 (Console, PC)
  • The Procession To Calvary – October 7 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Visage – October 7 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Back 4 Blood – October 12 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light – October 12 (PC)
  • Ring Of Pain – October 14 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • The Riftbreaker – October 14 (Console, PC)
  • The Good Life – October 15 (Console)
  • Battlefield 4 – October 19 (Cloud)
  • Into The Pit – October 19 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Outriders – October 19 (PC)
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ – October 21 (Console, Cloud)
  • Echo Generation – October 21 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Everspace 2 (Game Preview) – October 21 (PC)
  • Moonglow Bay – October 26 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Age Of Empires IV – October 28 (PC, Cloud)
  • Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – October 28 (Console)
  • Backbone – October 28 (Console)
  • Bassmaster Fishing 2022 – October 28 (Console, PC, Cloud)
  • Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition – October 28 (Cosnole, PC, Cloud)
  • The Forgotten City – October 28 (Console, PC, Cloud)

anthony2690

Gold Member

I have no idea who colteastwood is.

I feel like you just want to be angry for the sake of being angry at this point and moving goal posts.

Anyway going to your Netflix comparison to start with, are you this annoyed when someone at Netflix or Netflix themselves promote a TV show or film that you think is a bit of a stinker?

If you don't like the film, TV show or game, you can ignore it and play or watch something else on the service, rather than getting hung up on some one who is paid to promote something for doing their job.

You're not going to like to everything.

anthony2690

Gold Member
This almost makes me want to buy it out of sheer morbid curiosity lol.

Do it you crazy person haha :p

Just saw they've apparently been working on this for six years. Just baffling

Surely there had to have been a skeleton crew working or something. Be interesting to see the credits

Last edited:

Topfuel

I wonder if Shredders will go the same way? Spencer better get to work or it will be 6 months with no bigger MS releases before Autumn.

Yeaah I wanted to support Remedy, cause it was only 20GBP for the ultimate edition, but this is trash. No multiplayer matches and the controls are a bit off

Top Bottom