• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossFireX is a mess

Dj Khaled And Another One GIF
The Simpsons GIF

Tarnpanzer

Played the MP for 2h.

After you get used to the bad controls, the S&D-Mode is actually quite fun.

I hope they fix the controls soon and release more maps. The game really has potential to be a good Counter Strike clone on console.

Oh, and it has a 120fps-Mode on Series X.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Played the MP for 2h.

After you get used to the bad controls, the S&D-Mode is actually quite fun.

I hope they fix the controls soon and release more maps. The game really has potential to be a good Counter Strike clone on console.

Oh, and it has a 120fps-Mode on Series X.
Is it out? How are you playing?

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Because EA Play is included with your subscription perhaps? Are people really so triggered to see Game Pass get any praise they have to invent these weird loopholes to try and downplay it?
It's not that Gamepass deserves no praise at all. However, it also doesn't deserve to be showered with praise either. Especially for basically being a service of games that A: half of which most people have played already, and B: a little more than a quarter of that middling at best, yet people justify because hey you're only spending 10-15 bucks for them. and, C: the last quarter actually being new and good games. So while I don't fall into the camp of Gamepass being a crappy service, I am also not convinced it's a game-changer either.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

So TDM doesn’t support aiming down sights? This game is so bad it’s good. I’m kinda enjoying it

Edit: Thanks guy below for clearing that up. Makes sense

Last edited:

wipeout364

Played a few hours it’s a decent counter strike clone, it has a very odd setup though. The game is divided between classic which is no ADS and modern.
Classic has 4 modes Search and destroy which is great (basically CSGO without any purchasing) laboratory which is stealth versus fully armed, and nano which is infection ( and kind of a garbage mode here). I haven’t played the fourth mode but I think it’s TDM.
Modern has search and destroy same map with regen health option and ADS. Second mode is domination with respawn. Modern has perks classic does not.

I would have preferred more maps for search and destroy but the game is pretty fun. One map for the main game mode is a bit crazy though, I do think it should have launched with 5 or six maps for this mode. The map is kind of like dust in structure.

Cattlyst

Have they fixed it so the single player campaign is actually playable yet? I’ll probably end up deleting it before they fix the gamepass bug

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Have they fixed it so the single player campaign is actually playable yet? I’ll probably end up deleting it before they fix the gamepass bug
They are working on it.

But this does not mean anything about the quality of the campaign itself.
Are they going to fix the GamePass not getting the short campaign issue?
Empty question. They are working on it.
Dontcha know?! These days we just go by nondescript tweets from checkmarks.
I mean GAF loves generalizations as much as any other outlet out there. The thing is that these generalizations become etched in the collective memory so that years from now people still dismiss a game based on said generalization.

If anything that's the real issue with this industry right here. People go by on hear-say.
5 pages in and I still haven't seen any legitimate reason as to why this is supposed to be a mess or why we need to ostracize Remedy lol.
Since nobody else seems to stress, it is a launch bug in Gamepass that does not allow the single player campaign being played.

This has nothing to do with the quality of the singleplayer campaign itself, just that it is inaccessible.

What then happens is that people deride the singleplayer campaign when its actually a bug that has nothing to do with the campaign, which is what they should be critical of.

But that does not happen here.

So at this point, if you are able to play the campaign, play it and be critical of that. Don't slam the campaign because its inaccessible - It literally has nothing to do with the campaign.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

They are working on it.

But this does not mean anything about the quality of the campaign itself.

Empty question. They are working on it.

I mean GAF loves generalizations as much as any other outlet out there. The thing is that these generalizations become etched in the collective memory so that years from now people still dismiss a game based on said generalization.

If anything that's the real issue with this industry right here. People go by on hear-say.

Since nobody else seems to stress, it is a launch bug in Gamepass that does not allow the single player campaign being played.

This has nothing to do with the quality of the singleplayer campaign itself, just that it is inaccessible.

What then happens is that people deride the singleplayer campaign when its actually a bug that has nothing to do with the campaign, which is what they should be critical of.

But that does not happen here.

So at this point, if you are able to play the campaign, play it and be critical of that. Don't slam the campaign because its inaccessible - It literally has nothing to do with the campaign.
No. I’m speaking to the quality of what is available, free to play multiplayer. And it lives up to the name because it feels I’ve gotten exactly what I paid for. I literally can’t aim. It’s a janky mess but it’s free so whatever.

That said I can’t wait to play the campaign. The screenshots look good as do the trailers.

Filben

I find the marketing very odd for this game as someone who never known Crossfire.

It's basically like this: I hear that Remedy, a studio whose games I really like, is working on a singleplayer part of a game that was/is (?) practically a multiplayer shooter I've never heard of. Apparently there will also be a new multiplayer version/game of this, too? Okay then. Weeks and months, nothing. Then I see a countdown on Remedy's instagram page and I'm not the wiser. But it's probably the multiplayer part? Why is it not on PC? Where do they say it is episodic or is it a full game? Where is the multiplayer? Is it only coded separately but added to the game later? Are both "games" stand alone?

There are so many questions and the whole "launch" and the brand, for me, is so obscure. Also, I see zero ads or coverage for this except on Remedy's instagram page and here. There's nothing on Steam and not even on the Game Pass app on PC, which could at least say something like "check this out on Xbox".

It's almost like they don't want this go off.

Papacheeks

Banned
Hahaha, what a clown!
I watched ten minutes of this charade before I had to turn it off.
The only valid point I could extract from this convoluted gibberish is bad AI.

Campaign looks pretty fun actually, with good atmosphere and scenery. Solid voice acting as well.

You do know he runs defining duke Xbox podcast right?

Which is fairly popular. He also knew about Bethesda deal before most people. He’s very critical of when things fall short.

His personal channel is 500k.

Last edited:

Concern

I have no idea who be is but his video is just quick edits and hyperbole. Ive played the game. I watched him for like 5 min and he barely even got around to actually describing the game.

I thought the beta was garbage and have no interest in the game but I mean the user you're quoting doesn't exactly have a great history in Xbox related threads. So obviously he will post anything shitting on something Xbox related.

Papacheeks

Banned
I have no idea who be is but his video is just quick edits and hyperbole. Ive played the game. I watched him for like 5 min and he barely even got around to actually describing the game.

The video is 18 minutes long and his comparisons to rogue agent which is a joke of a game has merit.

He compares how sloppy the 2 hour campaign is. So he’s played it.

Stop trying to prop up a very generic/sloppy made game that was talked about by influencers as being something to look forward too.

Game is not good. Hence I guess why recently Microsoft seemed to have dropped all marketing for the game.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The video is 18 minutes long and his comparisons to rogue agent which is a joke of a game has merit.

He compares how sloppy the 2 hour campaign is. So he’s played it.

Stop trying to prop up a very generic/sloppy made game that was talked about by influencers as being something to look forward too.

Game is not good. Hence I guess why recently Microsoft seemed to have dropped all marketing for the game.
I can't take his video seriously at all after playing the multiplayer. And thats supposedly the worse part. I'll try the campaign when its available.

Papacheeks

Banned
I thought the beta was garbage and have no interest in the game but I mean the user you're quoting doesn't exactly have a great history in Xbox related threads. So obviously he will post anything shitting on something Xbox related.

You are one to talk dude.

I'm so glad I don't listen to people... the campaign actually looks fun!? It looks fucking fun! Especially due to that bullet time and the destructibility I see, it looks cooler than the COD releases gameplay wise, and there seems to be an interesting narrative there somewhat. And you can try it for free on game pass? I'm keeping an open mind, but I like what I see so far. I may very well purchase the second part of the campaign.

Shmunter

The problem with The Medium is that it was a clear victim of console wars. Overhyped by green rats (Jeff Grub's 10/10 masterpiece) and undermined by Sony ponies (pure gamepass trash). It's a super atmospheric game with beautiful graphics and soundtrack that plays like a very high-budget old-school graphical adventure on easy mode.

I finished the game wanting more and hopefully they'll continue the story because they really set it up for a sequel. Hopefully the sequel will be judged on its own terms.
Maybe I should pick it up on PS5. Was really interested in the game but final reception cooled me off

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
You do know he runs defining duke Xbox podcast right?

Which is fairly popular. He also knew about Bethesda deal before most people. He’s very critical of when things fall short.

His personal channel is 500k.
He's still a clown.

Roberts

Much like Netflix what matters is volume. Just look at some people already coming to the rescue of this garbo. No respect whatsoever for their own time, they just want to consume content for cheap.

I dont know, so far the content was curated really well. There have been at most a dozen objectively bad games on GP through all these years.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

CrossfireX single-player campaign reviewed by Travis Northup on Xbox Series X. Also available on Xbox One.

CrossfireX's pair of campaigns are untidy, generic slogs with all the excitement and flavor of a communion wafer. Alarmingly little of Remedy's signature weirdness and creativity is displayed, leaving me to wonder why this usually distinctively strange studio was chosen for such a by-the-numbers project at all. There were some interesting ideas along the way where the story is concerned and I fleetingly thought we might get an eccentric tale the likes of Control or Alan Wake, but those hopes were quickly dashed when both campaigns ended without even a cursory twist. Whether it's the bland characters, braindead enemy AI, forgettable levels, or downright offensive controls for the gunplay, everything about these brief campaigns feels phoned in.

tommib

Gold Member
What the hell happened to Remedy here? This is probably the biggest train wreck of the year. Game is scoring 2s and 3s. They've been a high quality dev for ages.

wipeout364

I’ve put about 10 hours in, 3 on campaign the rest in multiplayer. Really like the multiplayer, battle pass progression is reasonable and the weekly challenges get you to try different modes. I think the controls are pretty good except on modern mode where ADS doesn’t always work correctly.

I really like the variety of modes and the mix between classic and modern search and destroy. My biggest concern is the lack of maps. Black widow is a good map but one map will get a bit repetitive quickly.

Dived back in yesterday evening. It’ underbaked and yet another disappointing multiplayer game. With updates it could be pretty good I guess but the controls are still iffy and only having one map per game type is so crazy.

The biggest problem for me is joining a game only for it to end… Why?!

mcjmetroid

This is an xbox exclusive right? So far it's looking like the same games that are worth it last gen for the xbox ( Halo and Horizan) are the same ones that are worth it this gen and very little else. Despite all the studios purchased I don't see this changing for another 3 or 4 years.

JackSparr0w

Banned
Yea, something i wanted and couldn't afford. Good i suppose, i heard dual gpus were more of a pain than useful.
Ran dual ATI and then AMD gpus for a few years. They were a royal pain in the ass but when they worked the performance was insane.

Last edited:

Tarnpanzer

Played through both campaigns. The one which is in Gamepass is OK, the other one(Spectre?) is actually really good. (Good enough to pay 10$ for it in my opionion.)

Took me almost 6h to finish both.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

0:00 Intro & Opening Remarks
02:10 Campaign Overview
03:43 The Campaign Part 1
06:46 Ghetto Bullet Time & Controls
09:35 The Writing & Cinematics
12:31 The Campaign Part 2
18:00 The Visuals
19:26 Outro

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Im playing the first campaign now. The exaggeration is still completely nuts. The game is just mediocre, not some disaster.

Cheesy story, cheesy voice acting. Controls are not great but they're okay if you change the sensitivity a bit. Grapbics at times are actually pretty good. Average other times. Campaign is super linear so far.

I'd rate it a 6.5 for being a mediocre and completely inoffensively average Call of Duty style campaign.

Riky

$MSFT
Im playing the first campaign now. The exaggeration is still completely nuts. The game is just mediocre, not some disaster.

Cheesy story, cheesy voice acting. Controls are not great but they're okay if you change the sensitivity a bit. Grapbics at times are actually pretty good. Average other times. Campaign is super linear so far.

I'd rate it a 6.5 for being a mediocre and completely inoffensively average Call of Duty style campaign.

Yeah I started the campaign today, it's just very average, there is nothing broken about it you've just seen it all before done better elsewhere.
Glad I got to play it on Gamepass because I wouldn't buy it.

TDiddyLive

I can’t even get this game to start. It just sits on the main menu with a loading circle that says “Creating Party…” for like a minute then it says “Failed to connect to game server.” I’ve tried it all hours of the day and on two different Xbox Series X systems. I guess it just doesn’t want me to play it.

Edit: Just as soon as I hit post I tried again and it finally loaded!

Edit: and then lost connection mid game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom