• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossFireX is a mess

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Just saw they've apparently been working on this for six years. Just baffling

Surely there had to have been a skeleton crew working or something. Be interesting to see the credits
With the effort poured into this game, I am sure they will just copy the staff list what they have lying around. It's truly terrible and while one of my favorite game ever being Control. They had to be in deep shit, doing this and selling the rights to Control to 505.

wipeout364

Search and destroy seems pretty decent for a CSgo on console. Matchmaking is kind of busted. Classic is very similar to CSgo while modern mixes it up with ADS and jump as well as a perk system. Outside of matchmaking issues it seems to play as I remember. I think there are too many modes (6) which may be problematic if the player base is not there.

Lognor

Banned
I think the issue is how Games like Crossfire X have been promoted. I linked to a previous post, that I have listed links of all the affiliated youtubers/Sites including Major Nelson were promoting this game. And a lot of somewhat big Proi xbox channels were promoting Crossfire X because of Remedy's involvement. Which until campaign released on its own we had no clue what state the campaign was in.

And now we know they had very little involvement in design of the game. But it was still promoted as being a fairly big deal in Microsoft's 2020 game collection.

So 🤷‍♂️
What's your point? Just like avengers and spiderman dlc in avengers were and Sony wouldn't stop promoting that weak ass shit. Same thing. There's nothing special about it this time.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Deleted, what'd it say ?
IjNyB24.png

Banned
Cause what I’ve played so far is shitty. Adding a crap game to the service lowers its value in my opinion.

while I will never really play it... I can't see what the issue with the game is supposed to be? it's your average Counter Strike clone... I bet the "classic" mode will have a lot of fans that want CS:GO on console but don't want to play the shitty PS360 version of said game.

the biggest issue I found was that the aiming controls are shit, which is sadly still happening in the year 2022... which is honestly a joke when there are so many examples out there on how to do it correctly

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
while I will never really play it... I can't see what the issue with the game is supposed to be? it's your average Counter Strike clone... I bet the "classic" mode will have a lot of fans that want CS:GO on console but don't want to play the shitty PS360 version of said game.

the biggest issue I found was that the aiming controls are shit, which is sadly still happening in the year 2022... which is honestly a joke when there are so many examples out there on how to do it correctly
Once I turned sensitivity WAY down aiming got a lot better.

My biggest issue with actual gameplay is this Boogeyman shit as once one time gets rolling there is one running around everywhere

SteadyEvo

Aiming is absolute ass. And I’m playing another round as we speak 😆

Edit: I’m done. MP feels sloppy. Will check back when the campaign is available

Last edited:
i think the servers are the worst part of this...in aus with a ping of 280...i think my experience would be better if that was fixed

In saying that its in a more complete state than BF2042

Watched a MassiveGaming livestream of this... he did not like it at all. I didn't see much of him playing, as I had it on in the background while working, but it didn't sound like he was having fun.

I'm enjoying the game. Played all night tonight with three other people and it was a fun time.

Some problems:
1. When holding left trigger down you sometimes come out of ADS. I thought itbwas just me or because I was using the elite controller hair triggers but my friends said the same thing.

2. Vaulting is a mess and buggy. When you're trying to fault into or out of the jump in at B or A it's doesn't register half the time and you're just jumping against the wall.

3. There's a weird bouncing or wobble glitch where if you're close to an object or on it your gun bobs up and down.

4. There's been instances where there are "ghost" players either standing or crouching after they've been killed and has gotten me and my teammates killed while firing at it.

5. Sniping is way too easy in this game.

6. Riot shield is inconsistent. You can either take 1000 shots or one or two that breaks the bullet proof glass and this isn't even with a sniper or .308 round. Had it happen with the CAR4 5.56.

Overall it's a fun game with friends and will go in the fuck around list with Insurgency, BF4, and Friday The 13th.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I'm enjoying the game. Played all night tonight with three other people and it was a fun time.

Some problems:
1. When holding left trigger down you sometimes come out of ADS. I thought itbwas just me or because I was using the elite controller hair triggers but my friends said the same thing.

2. Vaulting is a mess and buggy. When you're trying to fault into or out of the jump in at B or A it's doesn't register half the time and you're just jumping against the wall.

3. There's a weird bouncing or wobble glitch where if you're close to an object or on it your gun bobs up and down.

4. There's been instances where there are "ghost" players either standing or crouching after they've been killed and has gotten me and my teammates killed while firing at it.

5. Sniping is way too easy in this game.

6. Riot shield is inconsistent. You can either take 1000 shots or one or two that breaks the bullet proof glass and this isn't even with a sniper or .308 round. Had it happen with the CAR4 5.56.

Overall it's a fun game with friends and will go in the fuck around list with Insurgency, BF4, and Friday The 13th.

Can you share a bit more what made the game fun for you? Just curious since your opinion contradicts general consensus.

Can you share a bit more what made the game fun for you? Just curious since your opinion contradicts general consensus.

The teamwork aspect and call outs. I think solo players or even playing with just 1 friend could be frustrating but playing with a group of 4, especially if you're good at communicating made it fun. We were steamrolling people and lost 1 game out of the 20 or so and had some really close games. I think a lot of people are going into this solo ir with just one buddy. Need to have a 4 stack imo

I think the gameplay itself is solid too but needs polishing. Need more maps. More guns that don't feel the same. It definitely isn't a game I would buy but fie a F2P game its pretty good imo but for a game in development for so long it is lacking longevity.

Robb

Gold Member
The multiplayer always looked bad imo, but as a lot of others I was hoping the singleplayer would be good since it’s by Remedy.

tommib

I didn't even realize until it was over, but Yamaoka did the OST as well. Total garbage!

I just looked it up and apparently the main villain was Troy Baker? His voice sounds totally nuts in the game, and I had no idea it was him. Probably one of his best roles in a long time, because it's so weird for him.
The problem with The Medium is that it was a clear victim of console wars. Overhyped by green rats (Jeff Grub's 10/10 masterpiece) and undermined by Sony ponies (pure gamepass trash). It's a super atmospheric game with beautiful graphics and soundtrack that plays like a very high-budget old-school graphical adventure on easy mode.

I finished the game wanting more and hopefully they'll continue the story because they really set it up for a sequel. Hopefully the sequel will be judged on its own terms.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Cause what I’ve played so far is shitty. Adding a crap game to the service lowers its value in my opinion.
So when spartakus releases, have all 50 first party PlayStation exclusives, and has Taxi Chaos on it, then it devalues the entire catalogue?
Do you know what quality is?
Moving the goal post, nice.

The problem with The Medium is that it was a clear victim of console wars. Overhyped by green rats (Jeff Grub's 10/10 masterpiece) and undermined by Sony ponies (pure gamepass trash). It's a super atmospheric game with beautiful graphics and soundtrack that plays like a very high-budget old-school graphical adventure on easy mode.

I finished the game wanting more and hopefully they'll continue the story because they really set it up for a sequel. Hopefully the sequel will be judged on its own terms.
Truer words have never been spoken brother 😉

The game was a victim of the whole "next-gen" hype back when people wanted to test their shiny new vidjya gaem boxes.Game was more than OK, it's just that people expected...I don't know what they expected.
The only downside for me was its (very) short length, other than that...

Cheers

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
We're now at the console war stage where certain people are celebrating when a bad game comes out on Gamepass.

pathetic rowan atkinson GIF
This game isn't part of Game Pass as far as I can tell, or is it just the SP?

Regardless, why are people acting like this is a first party Xbox game? It's just another shitty 3rd party release.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Yo can someone post fuckin reviews already?! Jesus. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Still haven't found out why it's supposed to a mess lol.

Yo can someone post fuckin reviews already?! Jesus. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Still haven't found out why it's supposed to a mess lol.
It's literally not even that bad. It's like a 6.5 or 7 out of 10 counterstrike clone in the 20 min I played. It's not for me, but like ... the exaggeration in here is so off the charts it borders on just lying. And as far as I can tell, no one in here has even played the campaign since it doesn't seem to be available. Just like the multiple people in here that were shitting on The Medium that apparently didn't play it, or didn't play The Gunk.

I'm not out to lie about this game and I have literally zero investment in FPS games, or this game. But I didn't have any issues playing it. I changed the aim sensitivity from 50 to 35, and it seemed playable in terms of controls, but not great.

The game has a slower pace than most shooters I've played recently, and you die very fast so it comes off as a lot more tactical. If you have the position on someone and shoot first, you're taking them down pretty much instantly. I've definitely played worse f2p games than this.

VN1X

Banned
It's literally not even that bad. It's like a 6.5 or 7 out of 10 counterstrike clone in the 20 min I played. It's not for me, but like ... the exaggeration in here is so off the charts it borders on just lying. And as far as I can tell, no one in here has even played the campaign since it doesn't seem to be available. Just like the multiple people in here that were shitting on The Medium that apparently didn't play it, or didn't play The Gunk.

I'm not out to lie about this game and I have literally zero investment in FPS games, or this game. But I didn't have any issues playing it. I changed the aim sensitivity from 50 to 35, and it seemed playable in terms of controls, but not great.

The game has a slower pace than most shooters I've played recently, and you die very fast so it comes off as a lot more tactical. If you have the position on someone and shoot first, you're taking them down pretty much instantly. I've definitely played worse f2p games than this.
Yeah I mean I've played two matches yesterday and while there are some similarities to CS (much less so than the original Crossfire) it plays perfectly fine, bugs not withstanding of course.

It's a free game that, so far, has been less sweaty than CoD has been over the past 5 years lol. I'll take it!

Kydd BlaZe

Exactly. The game actually isn’t THAT bad. To be fair, it is the furthest thing from good, but it isn’t unplayable. I’ve managed to kind of enjoy my time with the MP while I decided to suffer through getting these easy achievements. I’m having a blast abusing the fuck out of this Boogeyman killstreak in Point Capture. Been having crazy games going like 55-4 😂

Last edited:

SoraNoKuni

Remedy developed the campaign, so its thier fault as much as anyones.
They are not great developers imo. Control and Quantum Break were sleep inducing, and Alan Wake was 'ok'. Remedy havent made a great game since Max Payne 2 imo.
They are literally one of a handful of developers that actually make interesting games with great narratives, and the gameplay is polished often too.

Sigh.. that's why we can't have good things, when the industry will become full of gaas and gatcha games that provide nothing other than holding you and your wallet hostages to see the conclusion of a mediocre story, then, maybe then, people will appreciate these creators.(Not only Remedy of course)

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Saw the first 15 mins of MKIceandFire's Campaign.

I am not sure why people are dunking on Remedy here. What i am seeing is pretty similar from a CoD game. I know they said they would have ''real story writing'' but that obviously was marketing fluff.

Interiors look pretty good. Exteriors do look pretty generic though.

Hopefully the campaign is actually 4.5 hours to 5. If its like those 15 mins, its not too bad really.

VN1X

Banned
Saw the first 15 mins of MKIceandFire's Campaign.

I am not sure why people are dunking on Remedy here. What i am seeing is pretty similar from a CoD game. I know they said they would have ''real story writing'' but that obviously was marketing fluff.

Interiors look pretty good. Exteriors do look pretty generic though.

Hopefully the campaign is actually 4.5 hours to 5. If its like those 15 mins, its not too bad really.
Dontcha know?! These days we just go by nondescript tweets from checkmarks.

5 pages in and I still haven't seen any legitimate reason as to why this is supposed to be a mess or why we need to ostracize Remedy lol.

SJRB

Gold Member
Streamers are being sponsored to play this, Lirik is playing it right now if you’re looking for gameplay.

Dontcha know?! These days we just go by nondescript tweets from checkmarks.

5 pages in and I still haven't seen any legitimate reason as to why this is supposed to be a mess or why we need to ostracize Remedy lol.
Hell, I wouldn't even ostracize Smilegate off what I played of the multiplayer. Seems like a mediocre f2p FPS. For a completely unknown Korean developer (unknown to me anyway), that's really not bad. Nothing I saw was actively even bad and that wasn't counting the campaign at all.

SteadyEvo

Sorry but your "Not good for Gamepass" comment is straight up dogshit. Like this will impact Game Pass in any way... Thanks for the laughs though!!
Why you mad though? I have a subscription too and would like to play good games. Some of y’all get triggered over this stuff.

Has the “free” campaign been added?

Last edited:
Top Bottom