• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to November 19th

This is now what?, the third delay?
Anyway, I'll always prefer a great delayed game over a mediocre one on time.

But a pattern seems to be emerging, where devas go on a podcast to reassure the audience that the game will meet the delaine. And then a delay is announced shortly after.

Are CDPR kindly inviting gamers to wait for next-gen?
Does the game perform poorly on current-gen? Are they trying to Shepard gamers to the newer platforms so the hypothetical problems aren't as obvious? Because If the content is locked at this point, it seems the battle has moved to technical front.

Still excited for next week's Night City Wire event. The proof is in the pudding. Let's hope the pudding is great!

Last edited:

manfestival

Never was really hyped about this game(still not) but I did plan on playing it. Now the game is going to come out during the worst possible time and will compete with a new generation. There is certainly an argument to be made that this will hurt the potential sales of the game.

THEAP99

Banned
This is disappointing to be honest. Delayed till November 19th but it’ll be worth it in the end, especially if our first play through are on the next generation consoles..

November 19th btw, is that too late for it to qualify for thegameawards?

Tlou2 sweeping awards this year I guess

JLMC469

Banned
tenor.gif

Katajx

Well that’s fine then, but atleast show me some more gameplay. They don’t have to go and spoil story beats, but I want to see more of how the gameplay systems will work in the game.

Having said that, it’s really feeling like the beginning of this gen. It’s gonna end the way it began: Delay, delay, delay.

asustitan

Banned
Don't Sony's publishing rules require games released after a certain date to be backwards compatible with PS4 games.

Last edited:

Zephir

More developer crunch I guess...I wonder how many of them will stay in the company after the game ships...

NeonDelta

100% they are going next gen with this. They want all that $$$ from being launch title.
I know it won’t happen but imagine if it ended up as next gen only and all those wit Xbox one x special editions won’t be able to play the game On their cyberpunk console

xrnzaaas

I'm actually glad because I'll play it straight on PS5. Gonna be a busy holiday season for gamers though with AC Valhalla coming out as well. I'm not sure how many people will commit to buying and playing two 100h+ games.

hemo memo

Gold Member
For Series X yes. It's been confirmed to be back compat and Series X enhanced. I don't believe they have announced anything for PS5 yet.

But this is CDPR. That goes without saying and they’ll probably have an enhancement patch instead of making it a “remaster” to make you buy the same game again.

SantaC

Gold Member
I wish this game was Witcher 4 instead. The fantasy medieval setting is much more interesting to me.

H . R . 2

they have been announcing release dates since the 2013 reveal trailer. (secret message), they keep disappointing and getting ahead of themselves.
I am sure the game will be just as buggy on the PS5 and XSX, their engine is just the worst. they said the optimisation started day one and I am sure they are still on day 1

Last edited:

Fbh

disapproving_look.jpg

Love you CDPR but at this point I'd rather wait to play it on Next gen...which I probably won't be picking up at launch.

NickFire

Nothing. But on the 20th...

But then the other shoe drops and the actual next gen version of the game still isn’t out
A Friday launch certainly makes sense, but it seems to me the two companies are playing games with each other about pricing. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see one launch on a Thursday in case the other was planning Friday of the same week. I still think this could correlate to a next gen launch date. But I could also be bored waiting for more news and pipe dreaming since E3 was cancelled this year.

Delay 🤣

This was always going to be a next gen game. Current gen version will be 720p 30fps.

Doesnt matter either way, the game is going to be shit and underwhelming. I know, I know, cdproject red, I just have a funny feeling it will be terrible.

Next up, tacked on multiplayer mode.

Vawn

Banned
So, a PS5 game, then. This and Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a lot of open-world to play at launch. Coming not that far off of Ghost of Tsushima and not long until Horizon Forbidden West too.

I hope this games aren't padded in length to add to gameplay time.

sinnergy

I’ll be getting it with all its RT glory for Series X.

I’ll probably couldn’t hold off and played the One X version , so I am glad it’s delayed, now I can play it in all it’s glory.

Last edited:

SegaShack

Love the comments about delays meaning it will be a bug free game. Delays mean it won't be an unfinished game, but I expect bugs with any modern AAA titles due to how complex they are and the fact that people still buy regardless.

Top Bottom