• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to November 19th

Dabaus

Banned
Wasnt there a "rumor" where xbox was supposed to launch day and date with cyber punk? I realize that xbox rumors are dime a dozen any more and continually become more fantastical as time goes on, but think there was any truth to that one?

Matt_Fox

More developer crunch I guess...I wonder how many of them will stay in the company after the game ships...

Q5d6hXO.png

Surely less developer crunch by allowing an extra two months?!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The game is done. Previews on the 25th. It’s something related to next-gen optimization I bet.

This is not Bethesda. CDPR actually care about quality. I want to them to take as much time as they want and it’s better to play on the next gen consoles anyway.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this was a marketing move by Microsoft. Yeah might be a bit conspiracy theory, but if they got them to delay the game so the Series X version is ready for launch and paid to have it done sooner, Thats a big marketing point for Microsoft. Halo on Series X and CyberPunk on Series X is a nice 1 2 punch.

Arkam

Just tell us the PS5/XSX versions will be available in November and Ill be fine with this. Was gonna try and wait til next gen anyway.

Nintendo: Phew, thank you Corona virus, you give us a handy excuse to justify our extremely shitty 2020 lineup, especially compared to every other developer

Other developers: Hold my beer

killatopak

Gold Member
Q5d6hXO.png

Surely less developer crunch by allowing an extra two months?!
Quite the opposite. The more a game gets closer to the release date, the more developers want their game to be the best as it can be which usually results in crunch.

I think I remember someone posting about some additional features that they’re still deciding on months before the original release date. Features can’t just suddenly be added this late into development. They’re planned in the early stages of it that’s why ot brought confusion.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
It’ll still be a buggy mess and run like shit on most modern cards, but OK. 👍

Also, expect possible further delays.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Why would anyone buy this at launch in the first place? Let the clueless normies buy it first to support the product, then buy the 2021 edition with all the DLC & patches.

Geki-D

Banned
7292nH1.png

Jason apparently now doesn't know the difference between native support and BC.
...He's right though. As of right now CDP have said that at the launch of the next gen systems the current gen game will get a patch but an actual full next gen version will come later. Unless I missed it (and you can source it), we still haven't been told which is actually considered a part of "Smart Delivery".

This means that everyone saying "cool, I'll now just get the next gen version right away" are in for a bad surprise because the only version you'll be finding is the current gen one. At least it'll be patched, though.

*Looks at Limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X and starts crying*
'Buy a brand new current gen console' when the next gen ones will be out at that point is definitely going to kill a lot of those console preorders. MS can save this with a XSX Cyberpunk console.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

I just wish these companies would stop giving dates until the game is ready. Its been delayed 3 times? I mean just wait until its done...

Man, I was just talking about this with a friend last night. I am really excited to play through this and this is a huge bummer for me. But I get it, and I'd rather have a polished game out the door than have to wait on patches to fix things.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, you've got to feel for the people who bought that limited edition One X Cyberpunk bundle. They will finally get it when the new Xbox is out.

shubhang

Neo Member
I wonder when they'll show more of the finished gameplay.Feels like the last game footage we saw was ages ago.Maybe they'll show some at microsoft's conference.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
You could already tell where this was going when they delayed it to september. With ambitions like this, it calls for next gen to handle the heat. Base versions are gonna be so gimped its not even funny. Good thing this will be a launch title for next gen, in case Sony shits the bed with their lineup I´ll most likely go with this.

imsosleepy

Lmao. I think the game isn’t even gonna be that good. Just a thought. I think gameplay is gonna disappoint for some reason
well the good thing is that cyberpunk could have the worst gameplay and stil get a 10/10 for me probably on worldbuilding, storylines, quests, sidquests alone :)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
...He's right though. As of right now CDP have said that at the launch of the next gen systems the current gen game will get a patch but an actual full next gen version will come later. Unless I missed it (and you can source it), we still haven't been told which is actually considered a part of "Smart Delivery".

This means that everyone saying "cool, I'll now just get the next gen version right away" are in for a bad surprise because the only version you'll be finding is the current gen one. At least it'll be patched, though.

'Buy a brand new current gen console' when the next gen ones will be out at that point is definitely going to kill a lot of those console preorders. MS can save this with a XSX Cyberpunk console.

I don't find it confusing. Since it's not a series X game it will be the one version with the x enhancements as well as the benefits of the emulator that automatically applies things like auto HDR in applicable titles. Since this game will already support HDR and higher resolutions of the one X you will get those since the series X will simply be running One X code.

When the series X version is done, you will get that version of the game which is built for the series X taking full advantage of the features of series X like Ray Tracing.

imsosleepy

if they would just have come out and said the delay is due to Corona delaying it for them. They would probably take less shit for this lol. But what a odd release date.. If it releases before the ps5 and new xbox are out, its just a shitty situatoin to be in?

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this game is really looking like a next-gen purchase at this point.

Geki-D

Banned
When the series X version is done, you will get that version of the game which is built for the series X taking full advantage of the features of series X like Ray Tracing.
Except you have no idea if this is actually the case and are just assuming based on nothing.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Except you have no idea if this is actually the case and are just assuming based on nothing.

How is that based on nothing? That's what they said.

"However, when it comes to a proper, full-blown next-gen version, that's going to come later, we haven't announced when and I don't have a new comment here on that."

Geki-D

Banned
How is that based on nothing? That's what they said.

"However, when it comes to a proper, full-blown next-gen version, that's going to come later, we haven't announced when and I don't have a new comment here on that."
And where in that are they saying that people get the full blown next gen version with smart delivery rather than the patched version being the smart delivery one?

I'm in that unreasonable, "cut off my nose to spite my face" phase at the moment. Like, just go ahead and fucking delay it to next year. I don't care. *stomps off*

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
And where in that are they saying that people get the full blown next gen version with smart delivery rather than the patched version being the smart delivery one?

Because it supports smart delievry. That's what smart delievery is. It downloads whatever code is best for your machine. As the code won't be there at launch it will download the one X code. And when the code is there for series X, it will download that code.

Edit: it that wasn't the case it wouldn't be labeled as supporting smart delievry.

Last edited:

Sakura

Not surprising. CDPR seems to have a hard time meeting release dates. Witcher 3 was delayed twice as well.
This feels more like a business decision to me though than a "needs more polish" decision.

Geki-D

Banned
Because it supports smart delievry. That's what smart delievery is. It downloads whatever code is best for your machine. As the code won't be there at launch it will download the one X code. And when the code is there for series X, it will download that code.
Again, that's what you're assuming. Unless you can source CDPR saying people will get the patch then the full blown next gen version with smart delivery?

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this was a marketing move by Microsoft. Yeah might be a bit conspiracy theory, but if they got them to delay the game so the Series X version is ready for launch and paid to have it done sooner, Thats a big marketing point for Microsoft. Halo on Series X and CyberPunk on Series X is a nice 1 2 punch.

This is EXACTLY what it is..business first approach type of thing, games ready but @#$%& us consumers..they can wait.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I get the vibe that this isn't a current gen game at all and never really was

PC, Xbox One owners are fine they can 'upgrade' for free

PS4 version is gonna be a 720p jaggyfest I'd cancel that shit asap

RPS37

Those extra two months really mattered to me.

Top Bottom