• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 launch fiasco has cost CD Projekt founders $1 billion

Derktron

Banned
Man 25.6 Million copies after all this without breaking a sweat.
Amazing. And CDPR will regain the trust back easily. Gamers have long memory but not the will to act on it.
That I can agree on many people forget about EA mistakes and Take Two mistakes yet still buy their games.

Last edited:
I hope other devs and publishers have taken note about how dangerous it can be to release a game before its ready. I dont want to see such potential get wasted again.

I hope other devs and publishers have taken note about how dangerous it can be to release a game before its ready. I dont want to see such potential get wasted again.

😂 You act like this is the first time this has ever happened in games. The hate is dying out. Sites are so desperate for more clickbait CP2077 articles IGN is sending random Redditors interview questions filled with grossly leading questions. Gotta milk that wagon, gotta sell t-shirts and mouse pads, gotta sell ad space, gotta get paid at all costs.

"Dangerous?" Oh lawd, stop being such a drama queen. I hope gamers learn to stop pre-ordering games, stop making shit up, stop parroting grifter Youtubers as icons of honesty and integrity and stop crying about it.

Last edited:
😂 You act like this is the first time this has ever happened in games. The hate is dying out. Sites are so desperate for more clickbait CP2077 articles IGN is sending random Redditors interview questions filled with grossly leading questions. Gotta milk that wagon, gotta sell t-shirts and mouse pads, gotta sell ad space, gotta get paid at all costs.

"Dangerous?" Oh lawd, stop being such a drama queen. I hope gamers learn to stop pre-ordering games if they are going to make shit up, parrot grifter Youtubers as icons of honesty and integrity and cry about it.

I know its not the first game thats been released too early, but the combination of high expectations from gamers and the amount of media spotlight that the bugs have attracted, is a very bad look.
Dangerous is a fair word to use. The Cyberpunk bugs have cost the company a lot of money and really damaged its reputation. Next time they release a big title, lots of people will probably hold back to see how buggy it is, before they hand their money over. Companies dont want to see their customers behave like that.
I want the game to do well. Its reputation for being non-PC really attracted me to it, but the bugs I've seen on youtube have scared me off - until I hear good things about a major patch etc.

I know its not the first game thats been released too early, but the combination of high expectations from gamers and the amount of media spotlight that the bugs have attracted, is a very bad look.
Dangerous is a fair word to use. The Cyberpunk bugs have cost the company a lot of money and really damaged its reputation. Next time they release a big title, lots of people will probably hold back to see how buggy it is, before they hand their money over. Companies dont want to see their customers behave like that.
I want the game to do well. Its reputation for being non-PC really attracted me to it, but the bugs I've seen on youtube have scared me off - until I hear good things about a major patch etc.

Everyone should hold back to see if games are buggy or not. A bad look? Yeah, sure. It's also been blown way out of proportion as everything in games usually is.

An honest and reasonable way to look at things. There are patches scheduled for Jan and Feb so we'll have to see. Hope you get you to play the game soon. It definitely doesn't hold back and goes to some very dark places.

MiguelItUp

So insane. But it's all understandable. To think the outcome probably would've been much more positive if the game was PC only. Hell, even next-gen only. They bit off more than they could chew, and it showed in various ways.

Bkdk

Their own fault, had they scaled down their project and cut away 50-60% and just focus on the core characters and quests, they would be able to release the game sooner and keep more of their profits.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Gearbox got sued and lost because of their showing of Colonial Marines differed than the release version. This seems a lot worse. Forget the bugs and the crappy performance on the old systems (I have it on XSX and runs and looks great), but what was show at E# a few years ago, and what was promised for the game is radically different than what was released. So, that combined with the fact that they never showed the old gen versions prior to release is going to get them sued eventually. Plus, the reviewers only got the XSX and PS5 versions to review. Not looking good for them. I loved CDPR and The Witcher 3 and they really were consumer friendly and their DLC's were lengthy and cheap. So, I hope they get it together (and fire a few managers).

Great Hair

Banned
amused jaw drop GIF

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Someone find that gif of the old guy looking at the camera, then sticking his lips out, closing his eyes and turning away. That's my response.

Top Bottom