• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
Eopqvk6XUAA5FfZ

Isn't that Sally from American Horror Story: Hotel?

sarah-paulson-american-horror-story-hotel.jpg

DonJorginho

Banned
Love this OT! Well done to everyone involved.

Also a big fan of the fan playlist, although the lack of songs from Yeezus keep it from being perfect for me, that album fits this game like a glove!

Good OT.
What worries me is that we've not seen the game working on base 8th gen consoles. It makes me suspicious of the performance there.

Last edited:

Cracklox

First post in any CP2077 threads. I saw that initial 45 min gameplay trailer a year or two ago and decided that's all i need to see. All in.

And I've basically done a blackout on all coverage since. So I've kinda been the quiet guy up the back of the hype train not talking to anyone, but still well and truly aboard. Once it drops, I dare say I'll be around this thread a bit more

One and a half more days

recma12

Good OT.
What worries me is that we've not seen the game working on base 8th gen consoles. It makes me suspicious of the performance there.

think CDPR aren’t doing the best job on this tbh
Seems like reviewers only received the PC version and all the console videos so far were One X/Pro.
Base PS4/X1 are gonna be rough I assume.

Brute

Holy shit - a forum where I can actually talk about the game and not all the other stuff.

Hello NeoGAF. I've been lurking at the Cyberpunk 2077 reddit and, you know, the other place - both are car crash. On Reddit, anyone who says anything negative about the game, or explain their worries - gets downvoted. And we all know what it's like at the other place.

I'm looking forward to this but I think I'll play my backlog of shame and wait for CPR to update it a hundred times.

Brute

Well there’s none yet as the game hasn‘t released. I imagine the released no spoiler reviews from the media is the only ones so far.
I see. I'll wait until we get some spoiler free impressions in here I think - I'm avoiding reviews. And I'm not going to take the CP2077 Reddit seriously because it will be a circle jerk.

Anyone remember the Death Stranding launch? The dedicated Reddit was destroying anyone who dared say that they thought it was pretentious garbage.

TheGejsza

I am kind pissed at CDP Red that no official console footage has been released. I simply don't know which version to pre-order and considering day0 and day1 patch size... Ill wait a bit longer.

I got Ps5 but if AFAIK there are no enhancements beside resolution and fps for next gen (aren't we suppose to say current gen already? ). I am afraid that PS4/5 version will have reduced NPC/details/lightning/textures quality compared to even medium PC settings. And I want to experience CP77 for the first time in best possible way.

I think I'll gonna buy PS4/5 version and if the quality won't be anywhere near PC settings I'll just pirate PC version. Don't bash me for this but that's not cool to not show console footage.

DeviantBoi

Got the game downloaded and ready on my PS4 Pro.

This is the reason why I bought the damn thing last year, knowing that the PS5 was just around the corner (though I was going by the knowledge that the game would have been out for a while by now).

Getting hyped!

Komatsu

This is the OT I've been awaiting on for Cyberpunk 2077. Thank you all! Though it seems some of "imgbb.com" items exceeded their bandwidth. May want to host those on abload.de or somewhere else.

Abload unfortunately has a 10mb limit, but I have shrunk both logos and reuploaded them.

Fucking amazing OT Komatsu Komatsu Komatsu Komatsu !! Miligaf should stick around! 🤣🤣

Right? Nice little mascot. We had to work around the 3000 character limit.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I am kind pissed at CDP Red that no official console footage has been released. I simply don't know which version to pre-order and considering day0 and day1 patch size... Ill wait a bit longer.

I got Ps5 but if AFAIK there are no enhancements beside resolution and fps for next gen (aren't we suppose to say current gen already? ). I am afraid that PS4/5 version will have reduced NPC/details/lightning/textures quality compared to even medium PC settings. And I want to experience CP77 for the first time in best possible way.

I think I'll gonna buy PS4/5 version and if the quality won't be anywhere near PC settings I'll just pirate PC version. Don't bash me for this but that's not cool to not show console footage.

if your PC is good then there is no doubt that is the place to play.

if you don't think PC will offer a good experience then just play it on PS5. the PS4 might not handle it well but the PS5 will handle it way better and will get an update to improve things next year.

What do I need to do to download it form NZ store? Change my store location? Or my console location? I never tried these kind of tricks.
I believe all you have to do is change your console location (can be after pre-loading) to New Zealand and it unlocks at midnight in that region. I'm actually new to Xbox this gen (I got both consoles this time around) so I haven't actually done the trick yet, but I've read about it and it seems that's all you have to do.

Fake

Damn, this OT is fantastic. I keep reading just for the gifs. Well done for all of you who made this happen.

What do I need to do to download it form NZ store? Change my store location? Or my console location? I never tried these kind of tricks.
You don’t change your region until after it’s downloaded. You buy it from your own region store (US here) and then switch it to New Zealand region in Xbox location settings right before you start playing.

It will be available at 3 am Pacific time (21 hours away now) on the 9th if you live on the west coast US as long as you switch the region before you try to start it.

Last edited:

Granty666uk

I believe all you have to do is change your console location (can be after pre-loading) to New Zealand and it unlocks at midnight in that region. I'm actually new to Xbox this gen (I got both consoles this time around) so I haven't actually done the trick yet, but I've read about it and it seems that's all you have to do.

That's all I have done in the past and will be trying again at 11am UK time tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

TheGejsza

if your PC is good then there is no doubt that is the place to play.

if you don't think PC will offer a good experience then just play it on PS5. the PS4 might not handle it well but the PS5 will handle it way better and will get an update to improve things next year.

Well... I am not sure how my PC will handle CP77 tbh. After seeing Tom's performance spreadsheet it will be either 1080p High/Ultra or 1440p medium/high (60 FPS both). Still I got I5-6600k which is 4c 4t CPU and I might have micro-stutter... I am sure that my PC will not allow me for 100% smooth gameplay but I don't know how's the PS versions either... I just got to wait for first comparisons or pirate game and check myself...

I’m on black out now. Fuck the reviews! My internet is currently terrible so I think I’ll play sans patch once I pick it up from the store.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Well... I am not sure how my PC will handle CP77 tbh. After seeing Tom's performance spreadsheet it will be either 1080p High/Ultra or 1440p medium/high (60 FPS both). Still I got I5-6600k which is 4c 4t CPU and I might have micro-stutter... I am sure that my PC will not allow me for 100% smooth gameplay but I don't know how's the PS versions either... I just got to wait for first comparisons or pirate game and check myself...
cdpr have said that Tom's were told the build wasn't benchmark ready but they ignored it. it's using DRM + has no drivers so i'd expect better performance than what they are showing.

H4ze

OT of the year, great work fam!

Hype train to Night City is on max speeed my brothers and sisters!

sgstein

Neo Member
Im so excited.. Literally just one work day left. Im excited to just fiddle the graphic options for an hour for the best quality/performance. Will prepare snacks, coffee and a joint just for that lol.

Alienware

Awesome job with the OT man, congrats.
We're less than 36 hours away (PC unlock) and I can't wait to dive in Night City.

I have a question, it's a stupid one but I'm a longtime Steam player and don't have any experience with GOG Galaxy, how can I see if a game has been updated? Or the build I'm currently on?

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Awesome job with the OT man, congrats.
We're less than 36 hours away (PC unlock) and I can't wait to dive in Night City.

I have a question, it's a stupid one but I'm a longtime Steam player and don't have any experience with GOG Galaxy, how can I see if a game has been updated? Or the build I'm currently on?
i haven't used galaxy much but there should be a download tab appear in the left sidebar whenever anything downloads. as for build if you click the game you want to check you should see this:

eZTuUz3.jpg

it doesn't seem to show the full build version but i suspect once the game launches we'll be able to click it and see the latest build/patch notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom