• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Majukun

Finally got myself all the perks I needed to start crafting good stuff, crafted a great smart legendary sniper rifle and now most of the combat is way easier (unless the danger is very high, there the enemies still one shot you and still have infallible aim even from far away)

Are there weapon mods that increase the rate of fire?

Serianox

My full list of hopeful additions:
  • Rideable NCART Monorail Transit System
  • Playable Arcade machines & Pool tables
  • Ripperdocs are interactive while you select upgrades/Cyberware and also show the procedure for installing all of them [like at the start of the game]
  • Being able to buy items from all vendors
  • Apartment and vehicle customization
  • More mini-games [Gwent-like card game for all the cards you collect, bar sports, etc.]
  • An expansion set in space on the Crystal Palace Space Station
  • Barbershops, Bodysculpting centers and Tattoo Parlors
  • A Synthwave radio station
  • Better Police, Enemy and NPC A.I.
  • Interactive Karaoke bars
  • Real-time weather effects [not just quest driven] where storms slowly roll in - ala RDR2 - with varying levels of rain/thunder/lighting
  • Being able to hack enemies with the Monowire
  • Being able to purchase Aerodynes
  • More apartments/housing
  • Being able to select what color your car will be before you buy it
  • Bring back the motorized shopping cart NPC:
    cxhv1QY.jpg
  • More destructibility in the environments
  • Being able to analyze items in 3-dimensions in your inventory
  • Having a way to do the "First Equip" animation on command
  • Being able to shoot while you are driving
  • Having different types of ammunition for your guns
  • More Joytoys
  • More customization options added to the character creation
  • Spent shells stay on-screen for a while
  • Better water physics [reacts to being shot, explosions and bodies]
  • Better vehicle handling and physics [also being able to shoot tires and gastanks]
  • Basically restore all of the cut content​
I know that's a lot; but the game would literally be perfect with those additions - and I already love it🤘💯
Isn't dynamic weather already in the game? Pretty sure i got changing weather from normal to rain to fog and stuff like that just from moving around the city doing stuff and not just changing depending on quests demands.

Null Persp

Isn't dynamic weather already in the game? Pretty sure i got changing weather from normal to rain to fog and stuff like that just from moving around the city doing stuff and not just changing depending on quests demands.
Yes, it's already in the game.They should add other weather effects, though.

SullaFelix

Neo Member
The dialogue in this game is really good and superbly acted. So much of it just feels incredibly natural even when they're using wacky lingo.
Agreed. I was worried early on with some of the stuff we saw in trailers/gameplay vids but was really impressed. They nailed a wide range of dialogue, it was really preem.

Panam is the best video game relationship I've ever had and I'm not alone.

I actually went looking to see if any other chooms felt this way and yep, CDPR have made people fall head over heels and feel lovesick in a game.

This game has made me feel a wider and more nuanced and varied set of emotions than any other game I've ever played. The emotional IQ of the game is simply unmatched. And that is exactly what they were going for.

“I want my production to convey real, raw emotion,” he explains. “Take, for example, the feeling when you combine happiness with melancholy, or being calm with an underlying sense of anxiety.”

FYI there's a bug in the Regina quest "Monster Hunt" where you are tasked with killing a brothel dude. The keycard is bugged so you have to do the quest this way in order to get the loot in the locked room (or have enough body stat)

Lol just to show how different I played this mission. I was double jumping on the rooftops being all Mirrors Edge when Regina called me for this quest. I jumped down unto the guy on the second floor balcony and in mid air knock him out due to my stealth upgrade. Hacked the camera and identifed the leader, shut down the turret and murdered him before his goons knew whats up. Jumped down to the outside of the bar and just walked out of the area.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Lol just to show how different I played this mission. I was double jumping on the rooftops being all Mirrors Edge when Regina called me for this quest. I jumped down unto the guy on the second floor balcony and in mid air knock him out due to my stealth upgrade. Hacked the camera and identifed the leader, shut down the turret and murdered him before his goons knew whats up. Jumped down to the outside of the bar and just walked out of the area.
Haha awesome.

Whenever I complete missions by sneaking in and killing the target first, I can't help but go back in, once the quest is finished, and murdering everyone there anyway.

I like exp lol

Last edited:

Loostreaks

I actually went looking to see if any other chooms felt this way and yep, CDPR have made people fall head over heels and feel lovesick in a game.

This game has made me feel a wider and more nuanced and varied set of emotions than any other game I've ever played. The emotional IQ of the game is simply unmatched. And that is exactly what they were going for.

Finished it also recently : take note Bioware, this is how you do video game romance without that awkward teenage flirting.
What was awkward is when you wake up in the nomad camp, everyone approaches you ( "you're one of us, bro"), I said my goodbyes, looked back before heading to Night City, jumped on my bike...and realized I was butt naked the whole time. ( the game strips you of all of your gear ) :messenger_grinning_smiling:

MangalaX

Neo Member
I have 24hrs playing it and this is what I think:

PROS
- the setting is amazing, the presentation, just wow. You always find some new vistas to enjoy
-The NPCs are incredible, cant decide which one I like more Judy or Panam
-The main missions and side missions, love the conversations and interactions etc

CONS
-The AI is horrible and sometimes ruins the experience and the combat
-THe wanted system is none existent
-You cant get a FLATHEAD spider bot to use in the game besides 1 story mission.
-Hacking....jesus The guys from Deus Ex outa give them a course on how to do it right...
-Crafting? they didnt even try...
-Difficulty sucks, you have too many health items, and almost no cooldown to use them, and headshots are too OP
-The street races are very lacking, the car chases too (Not exciting whatsoever)
-The side missions 50/50 some very cool, others very repetitive and uncool. (I even had to go to the same place and do a different fetch mission)
-Wished the actual path served for more than some dialogue options (Like path exclusive missions or weapons perhaps!??)

RECOMMENDATIONS:
-Please include some actual heists in the DLC
-Change the hacking minigame
-Cloaking cyberware please
-Remove the fast travel points and implement a flying taxi service animation ur something
-Include some kind of animation when installing new cyberware for christ sakes....

2AdEPT

Holy crap Folks! Sorry if this is old news, and perhaps some of you have been there and done that, but since I found this totally on my own with no spoilers Im very excited at the moment! V is on the monorail track or Sky Train line (for those of us from the North V location i.e. Vancouver not Vegas):

Ill make a video on how to do it later but for now pics will have to do...you know you are on the right track when you find this dude in the first pic below: If you scan him he is just "unkonwn." He doesnt flinch if you try to interact but his little crow on his lap moves around a bit. Extremely strange. You can see the train line in back....I used double jump but I think any of the extra jump abilities will work. I literally wouldnt be able to explain what unmarked door finally worked for a change instead of giving me the locked status, but I saved the last half hour of progress since I loaded the game and will be able to post the video of where I went. I was actaully looking for skippy but didn t want to be spoiled other than he is near down town! LOL! I would be curious to know if the rain starts for anyone getting to this dude as he is obviously just sitting in the rain unflinching with his crow. Anyway, because I have speed modded clothes I can sprint really fast right now and made it all the way to Japan town already...there is fork in the tracks as you can see below, if I keep going I will end up heading North along the river to North watson, if I take the fork it loks like I will end up in pacifca but not sure, as its hard to see through the rain. Panam sent me an urgent text, River wants to meet pronto and Takamura has been waiting for about 50 hours of game play to meet me at the Japan docks....all will have to wait....not sure Im coming down until I do a full loop of the map now! I ll keep you updated and hopefully the rain stops at some point!!!!

edit: sorry just got to add that it feels like blade runner for real with all theflying cars in your face instead of "way up there".
ND0bxhH.jpg
RLsGgnC.jpg
ALGIVdo.jpg
pM01SzC.jpg
aKep8YG.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
50 hours in and i havent come across the mayor murder mystery sidequest. Fun fact: the mayor was there at Kanpeki plaza during the heist and died the day V did.

Definitely do that sidequest if you get it. It unlocks at least two other really great storylines.

scalman

Found that sometimes enemies with full health stumble on ground and cant get up so they just stay there on ground and im just cant find those left alive enemies , ohh those sneaky bastards lol.
Going inside gang meeting with 2 shots shotgun and blasting everyone, reloadind and blasting its just so satisfying, though soemetimes i just quickhack half of them for overheat thren blast rest of them. It so cool as they fly backwards from that shot and fall on ground . Cant just play this game on stealth only when blasting enemies feels so good.
Put some sharpening filter from nvidia experience on game . About 70% Looks more crispy now. Maybe even too much sharp on faces but in all better picture

Last edited:
Finished it also recently : take note Bioware, this is how you do video game romance without that awkward teenage flirting.
What was awkward is when you wake up in the nomad camp, everyone approaches you ( "you're one of us, bro"), I said my goodbyes, looked back before heading to Night City, jumped on my bike...and realized I was butt naked the whole time. ( the game strips you of all of your gear ) :messenger_grinning_smiling:

They really are superbly written and voice acted. The sex scenes were tasteful and intimate as well. Game sex scenes are always going to be weird but I thought they did a good job with Judy's. The morning after conversation was also just perfect. "So uhh heyyyy there...." and "Uhhh yeah sooooo......" that awkwardness before diving into the meat of the conversation.

I also like that V can drink or eat in many dialogue situations. Definitely had to knock one back during a few convos.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'm a little over 30hrs in and finally met Takemura. Dropped some cash at the ripper doc at jig st. and got the double jump leg implants, Stephenson Mk. 2 cyberdeck, and some flame resistance implant I can't remember. Did the Skye clouds sequence with Oculus Quest 2(no true VR mode, just VR screen wrap). No head tracking or anything, but it was a nice taste of something that's sure to come in the future. Really enjoying Johnny, some nice sentimental convos going now.

I'm curious...does the double jump gain height as you do it more, or is there a way to upgrade?

Mandatory screenshot:
Cyb-Stand420.jpg

My guy is like a silly stuntman cop with 1970s futuristic aesthetic.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

I'm a little over 30hrs in and finally met Takemura. Dropped some cash at the ripper doc at jig st. and got the double jump leg implants, Stephenson Mk. 2 cyberdeck, and some flame resistance implant I can't remember. Did the Skye clouds sequence with Oculus Quest 2(no true VR mode, just VR screen wrap). No head tracking or anything, but it was a nice taste of something that's sure to come in the future. Really enjoying Johnny, some nice sentimental convos going now.

I'm curious...does the double jump gain height as you do it more, or is there a way to upgrade?

Mandatory screenshot:
Cyb-Stand420.jpg

My guy is like a silly stuntman cop with 1970s futuristic aesthetic.
Nope, double jump doesn't change. Charged jump actually let's you jump higher, but you lose almost all parkour if you go that route.

2AdEPT

OK the last 4 hours of game play were some of the best "open world" exploration hours EVER in gaming. First the getting ont he sky train line bit....obviously it was planned and they didnt have enough gumption to give us the whole city. Each of the three paths eventually meets an invisible wall. Notwithstanding, I saw a few buildings I wanted to "drop in" on, tried some sniper bits from above on civilians to see what the cops would do (not much) wasnt actually able to kil any civilians regardless and the one police gig I came accross didnt have the perps show up while I was so high up.

The funny thing was, I hopped on to a dojo looking building in Japantown and eventually got to the ground again. I had never been to this area of the city (Silk Road) so just started exploring. I found yet another completely explorable, obviously intended and designed menagerie of fireescapes, elevators to high up markets, balconeys and construction zones that siad "keep out" ...........yeah right?!?!?!? There were at least three walkways connecting the two sides of the street nery high in the sky so my 3 hour jaunt had me all over the the two sides of the city scape both on top of and inside the walkways. I found average loot at first but obviously the final prize was a legendary clothes crafting mod that protects both shock and poison called the Panacea. I also saw a huge gold statue that I had to try for at least 20 minutes to get at. I finally did it by falling down floors and ledges on the side of the building, died once...but the joke was on me that a random unmarked but inconspicuous elevator comes to this floor from below. The prize was a shard that explains how Sabinaru or whatever his name is Arasaka's wife died. Still, 3 hours of no enemies but unbelieveably fun exploration.

That's totally it!!!!! I knew the whole rain thing was done on purpose to make it more like Blade Runner!!! Its ROY ----"I have seen things you people would not believe" or something......bird was white wasnt it? ....but whatever....awesome thanks.

Last edited:

Fredrik

It speaks to the quality of this game that I am willing to overlook the bugs and glitches because there is such a great game underneath it all.
Yeah that’s how I feel too, I just love this game with the bugs and all, it’s rapidly climbing my top list, when it’s good it’s better than anything I’ve ever played.

One annoyance though, driving on PC is the worst, I feel like I need to pick up a controller whenever I’m driving, I don’t get how people can drive using a keyboard.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Man, I am having a complete 180 on the game while playing the final mission. I went with the
Rogue/Johnny
route and the whole thing is just bad.

I was expecting a run and gun with enemies on par or slightly harder than what I had encountered. Not at all the case. It forces me into stealth because the enemies all 1-shot me (I'm level 30, I think).

Then I got to the
Adam Smasher
boss fight and it's just terrible. I get taken down quickly if he gets anywhere near me. So I run around like crazy for 10 mins, get maybe a few % off his health, repeat, then get destroyed. I've gotten him down to maybe 40%, but he constantly heals, making an infinite loop. What the hell am I missing? I try to exploit his weaknesses but I can't make a reasonable dent on the guy.

I stopped playing at this point because of how bad the experience is. I might load up a different route and try that but I'm at the point where I can put the game down, never come back, and be satisfied. Such a damn shame the game goes this route.
You need better gear. I was level 28 and I just ran around katana slicing everyone because they could barely scratch me, including the boss, who I took down in like 29 seconds.

My defense stat was over 1000, because I had stacked like six armadillo mods into various clothing. These are sold at most clothing shops and they're not expensive.

So, the voodoo boys section felt more like what I wanted from some of the other story missions, it felt like there were some actual choices, maybe they wouldn't change much but that whole questline with Panam/Takemura felt devoid of choice
but I could be wrong, I know for one thing you can save Takemura if you jump back into the fray, it felt so scripted I assumed I couldn't do that

Hugare

Do you guys know if there are any missable side quests?

I've been doing all that I can find before doing any story missions in fear that I would loose them for ever

Can I rush through the campaign and then do all the side quests latter?

YoodlePro

Welp, I've been waffling for a few weeks now on whether or not I should drop the game and wait for the next gen patch (I'm on ps5 right now). Not necessarily because I'm having technical issues, things have been running well for me. A few visual glitches (gun floating in the air), but no broken quests or any major ones like that.

I have around 20 hours with the game and I have really enjoyed the story and characters, but I'm feeling like I'm reaching the point of no return. If I keep playing through this game I may not want to return to it later when it is in better shape cause of the been there done that factor. Basically I'm enjoying it so much that I feel like I'm just playing a gimped version right now, I like it enough that I want to experience it in full PS5 glory. And by then one would assume all the stupid shit wrong with the game will be corrected.

See you on the other side Cyberpunk people.

tenor.gif
I have the same feeling almost. For some reason I'm not fully into the game ( even though I really like it ). I have that feeling that I'm playing some inferior version on PS5. Like I want to experience this game with all the bells and whistles. Maybe not 3080 level, but what I'd expect from a PS5.

I've been doing all that I can find before doing any story missions in fear that I would loose them for ever

There's a point of no return on the campaign, it'll warn you.

2AdEPT

Rest in peace, Rutger Hauer😔🕊
Ok I made a quick video on how to find the easter egg and also how to get on the train tracks. I didnt spoil to much about the view on top and along the tracks but the developers obviously wanted people to go on the tracks and be like a bird up there and "see things you people wouldnt believe"...i.e. many of the billboards are intelligently generated and cant possibly be there by coincidence (See below.)

this one was all the way in Japantown but I saw it going the other way as well.

dznNUx7.jpg

2AdEPT

Also is there a way to remove mods from weapons, clothes etc?
Later in the game if you get your tech high enough (20?) I think you can finally replace mods without losing the old one. By the time you get your stat high enough whats the point though? Seems like a raw deal LOL.

BUt I see that wasnt your question...LOL....YES, you can remove the mods, more like you just select the new one to replace the old one...it will prompt you if you want to lose the old one and I begruginly say YES.

You can miss quests depending on your decisions. Game is definitely designed for multiple playthroughs.

YoodlePro

Later in the game if you get your tech high enough (20?) I think you can finally replace mods without losing the old one. By the time you get your stat high enough whats the point though? Seems like a raw deal LOL.

BUt I see that wasnt your question...LOL....YES, you can remove the mods, more like you just select the new one to replace the old one...it will prompt you if you want to lose the old one and I begruginly say YES.
ah ok so I can't, say, remove a mod from a weapon to move it to a different one?

Sort of like how removing enchantments worked in the Witcher?

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Yep. To be honest I think they should add couple of new conversations with her. For each new milestone in the story, this would be much more meaningful. An additional quest, even if a small one, would be also great.
I think even Judy gets more if you play as a male - she keeps texting you.
I don't know what happens after the "point of no return" though, as I am about to go there. So please use spoilers!

Loostreaks

I love all the different scenarios and locations you get in side gigs. Typically, in similar games, you're just clearing generic dungeons/outposts, my last hour of playtime had me:
- breaking out an ex cop from a mental ward where people ( who knew too much) were being abused and tortured
- infiltrating a gay/stripper club to get some info
- taking out a genetics researcher ( that went full Mengele on some unfortunate nomads) on top, in her high tech secured penthouse
- full blown, John Wick style, office shoot out with some corpos
- rescuing some crazy dude who's house got busted during his sex'n'drugs party ( that turned into outright slaughter)
These are typically light on narrative/dialogue ( you can sometime use your background or skills for more easy entry, and some dialogue with your target), but variety of locations, level design, multi-playstyle approach, worldbuilding and context: really elevates them above what you see in other games. And they're easy to get into, fast to complete, and worth it ( you can get some good gear/rewards).
CDPR needs to polish/improve some mechanics, but this is is open world side content done right.

Hacking is so awesome, now that I have invested in it. I can go into an area and without firing a shot, wipe out all enemies by shocking them, or having them shoot each other or themselves. It is nothing like the usual shoot them up or stealth games.

And without paying for a car, I have so many cars from quests.
Fucking this.

I'm throwing everything into hacking and learning so much things. I have a few wasted points in Body and Reflexes but on my next playthrough I will throw
These crashes are starting to really piss me off. I’m thinking about shelving this game for a couple weeks, by then they should be less frequent I’m hoping. But I really want to keep playing because I’m absolutely loving it otherwise (for the most part).

It’s immersion breaking, like fucking crazy. I hate that it’s souring my experience.
Played tonight for around 5 hours and crashed for me 3 times on PS4 Pro.
Didn't care for the crashes because I'm enjoying the game so much. I mean it is annoying but then again maybe I needed those breaks anyway lol.

Top Bottom