• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

Roni

Gold Member
Still winding things down. Finishes Judy's story. Was hoping it would end with hot animal relations but alas, no.

I did get to the hideout next to the lake. Anything secret there as it's a large underwater area to explore.

And I can't remember but is there a way to have light while under water or something to illuminate?
The DLC swimming suit has a flashlight, not sure if it works outside the quest though.

SJRB

Gold Member
I love this game so much. It is just so fucking cool. And those visuals, sheesh.

Even after 200 hours I'm still in constant awe.

VGE5Td7.jpg

0vTpLdb.jpg

U2xsLVx.jpg

Bojji

Few days later I still can't get this game out of my head. I personally think there is no better western developer right now when it comes to storytelling and music. ND is amazing (I'm in minority that loved TLoU2) but they are promoting woke messages everywhere at the the cost of quality of the main story. CDPR doesn't give a shit about woke propaganda, I hope they stay independent.

I love this :messenger_heart::

And this reminds me of GiTS (anime), really amazing theme when it kicks in the game:

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay this scared the fuck out of me during the Run This Town quest:

ZCiDEgU.jpg

Anyone else have this? The mission was building up as if something crazy was about to happen, so when I saw them I was 100% convinced the game would pull an insane plot twist on me at this point, but nothing happened. What a bizarre bug. And an anti-climax, lol.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Patch 2.02 out now.

Some issues I remember reading were affecting some folks in here were addressed in this latest patch:

Patch 2.02 for Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty is being rolled out on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. It includes quest and gameplay fixes for the most common issues as well as other general improvements.

For details, check out the list of changes below.

Phantom Liberty-specific

• Rebalanced the time limits for Vehicle Contracts.
  • Various fixes for animations, lighting, scenes, VFX and more.
  • Fixed collision issues in various locations that could cause players to get stuck.
  • When starting a new game and skipping ahead to Phantom Liberty, quests that were simulated as completed will now be visible in the Journal.
  • Fixed an issue where the Quadra Sport R-7 "Vigilante" wasn't available for purchase on the Autofixer website in some circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue where roadblocks were present in front of the Dogtown gates, thus preventing entry.
  • Sasquatch's Hammer will now appear in the vendor's stock at the stadium's black market if it was originally missed after the boss fight with Sasquatch.
  • Dex's body will now spawn in the landfill on saves where the option to skip ahead to Phantom Liberty was selected.
  • It will now be possible to pick up Jackie's guns from the altar in El Coyote Cojo on saves where the option to skip ahead to Phantom Liberty was selected.
  • Fixed an issue where a placeholder pop-up would be displayed on Xbox Series X|S instead of an error message regarding Phantom Liberty's installation.
  • Addicted To Chaos - Fixed an issue where it could become impossible to complete the quest if the stash is looted before receiving the message with the code.
  • Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos - Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, the quest could remain active even after failing it by not following the traces left by Songbird.
  • Firestarter - It will no longer be possible to disassemble the stadium security datashard after looting it from Hansen's body, thus blocking quest progression.
  • Firestarter - It will now be possible to pick up the Bald Eagle weapon after siding with Songbird.
  • Gig: Roads to Redemption - Fixed an issue where the door leading to the stadium's weapons factory could be opened by accident earlier in Firestarter, which later interfered with gig progression and could lock the player behind the door.
  • Hi Ho Silver Lining - Fixed an issue where the objective "Leave Heavy Hearts" might not be marked complete after leaving Heavy Hearts.
  • I've Seen That Face Before - Fixed an issue where the "Go to the vantage point" objective might not be marked complete after reaching the vantage point.
  • Moving Heat - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to get in the car because it didn't spawn.
  • Moving Heat - Fixed an issue where the quest could remain stuck on the "Leave with the car" objective even after getting in the car and leaving the area.
  • Run This Town - Fixed an issue where the Black Sapphire could become inaccessible because of closed shutters if the player had triggered combat in the lobby at the end of You Know My Name.
  • Run This Town - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to meet Mr. Hands in Heavy Hearts because the elevator was disabled.
  • Run This Town - Fixed an issue where the character menu and fast travel remained blocked after removing Aguilar's imprint.
  • Run This Town - Fixed an issue where the Journal incorrectly suggested that the player had to complete Gig: Spy in the Jungle to continue the quest when, in fact, Gig: Heaviest of Hearts was required instead.
  • Somewhat Damaged - Fixed an issue where Cerberus wouldn't spawn until the corridor chase scene if the player fired a weapon in a specific spot near terminal Sierra.
  • Somewhat Damaged - Removed the attribute check from doors when locked in the Observation Room and adjusted the objective to make it clearer that hiding from Cerberus is required to progress.
  • Spider and the Fly - Fixed an issue where the boss fight with the Chimera might not start.
  • The Damned - Fixed an issue where the quest objective disappeared after the meeting in The Moth, thus blocking progress.
  • The Killing Moon - Fixed an issue where it was possible to trigger the police system while driving to the spaceport.
  • Things Done Changed - Fixed an issue where the screen could go black after calling the nurse.
  • Tomorrow Never Knows - Fixed an issue where completing Heroes made it impossible to ask Misty about the tarot cards.
  • New Person, Same Old Mistakes - Fixed an issue where the door to Bill's hot dog stand was still closed for some players on 2.01.
Quests & Open World

• Fixed an issue where the Quadra Type-66 "Wingate" wasn't visible in the Call Vehicle menu after being purchased.
  • Johnny will no longer appear when collecting the reward for Trauma Drama prior to completing Act 1.
  • The Trauma Team website will now be accessible on V's computer when the Killing in the Name quest is active.
  • Beat on the Brat: Arroyo - Fixed an issue where beating Buck while having Microgenerator cyberware equipped could block the completion of the quest.
  • Gig: We Have Your Wife - Fixed an issue where the gig might not start after approaching the quest area.
  • Life During Wartime - Fixed an issue where Panam might not get on the motorcycle and ride to the gas station if V got on theirs first.
  • Path of Glory - V will no longer flatline after entering the Delamain AV.
  • The Beast in Me - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to shoot from the vehicle during the race.
Gameplay

• Rebalanced the stats of some weapons based on player feedback.
  • The Malorian Arms 3516 received a buff. Recoil is easier to handle, even at low stamina, and damage was increased.
  • Crafting specs for Iconic weapons will now disappear after crafting the item.
  • Added stats to the tooltip of Monowire that were missing.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to duplicate junk items.
  • Bullets now deal damage correctly when shooting through glass.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to easily obtain Tier 5 Skill Shards early in the game. Their prices have also been adjusted.
  • Disabled the Bait quickhack on enemies standing at the edge of an area they're not supposed to leave.
  • Fixed an issue where the Data Recycler perk recovered the base RAM cost without taking RAM reduction perks into account, thus recovering more RAM than was actually spent.
  • Fixed some specific instances where crowd NPCs could clip through vehicles while walking.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause elevators in various quests to spawn on an incorrect floor if a save/load was performed after they started moving.
  • Fixed an issue where the appearance of V's hands in first-person perspective might not change correctly after installing or uninstalling arm cyberware.
  • Giving money to a homeless person will no longer lower your NCPD Wanted Level.
  • Fixed an issue where cyberware could get downgraded to Tier 1 after updating the game to 2.01.
  • Fixed skill progression passives.
PC-specific

• Selecting default graphics settings should now pick the proper Quick Preset based on your hardware and according to the latest system recommendations.
  • Introduced a mechanism for the detection of mismatched or corrupted scripts which are caused by outdated mods or file corruption during update/installation. It will now show a descriptive error message and close the game instead of resulting in a crash.
Console-specific

• Increased the sav.dat internal buffer size to 15MiB without increasing the overall max save size.
  • Refactored the saving process to not overwrite a save until we know that the data is valid - this helps prevent save corruption in case there's not enough space for saving.
Miscellaneous

• Various optimizations, performance improvements and crash fixes.
  • Fixed an issue where some achievements or trophies could unlock after loading a pre-2.0 save on 2.01 despite not meeting the criteria for them. Please note that this fix will not reset already unlocked achievements.
  • Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, a "Warning - Detected" message could be displayed instead of "Completed" when having your vehicle scanned or when connecting your personal link.
  • Fixed an issue of blinking trash that could sometimes be visible when crawling out of the landfill in Playing for Time.
  • Fixed a misaligned glitch effect on Johnny.
  • Fixed an issue where NPCs could appear stretched out when affected by explosions or the Savage Sling ability.
  • Fixed an issue where tooltips on the map and interaction prompts for renting apartments showed double the actual price.
  • Blocked Cross-progression from uploading saves bigger than the max save size limit on consoles to prevent crashes and issues when importing such saves.
  • Remastered the voiceover to improve audio quality in German, Simplified Chinese and Japanese.

Last edited:

TastyPastry

good thing they buffed the malorian and fixed the passive skills thing. too bad they didn't fix the cyberware capacity shard bug. not sure if i should keep waiting or start my new playthrough now

Flabagast

Man once you reach level 40 and beyond you start to become an absolute beast.

There are so much clever synergies you can make between perks, the right choice of weapons and cyberware that you can turn into an unstoppable killing machine. There are few other RPGs and/or action games where you feel that much the sense of progression imho

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Man once you reach level 40 and beyond you start to become an absolute beast.

There are so much clever synergies you can make between perks, the right choice of weapons and cyberware that you can turn into an unstoppable killing machine. There are few other RPGs and/or action games where you feel that much the sense of progression imho
With the expansion I started from scratch after previously finishing the main story.

I recently got some Mantis Blades (Which I ignored in my previous walkthrough).

GIF by CBS

SJRB

Gold Member
Am I missing something or is the Militech Canto MK.6 cyberware dogshit?

It has less quickhack slots and the Blackwall Gateway is super whack compared to something like Contagion because the spread radius is extremely limited.

Maybe I need a different configuration but so far it is very underwhelming. I like the AI voice telling you you are a bitch every time you use it though.

Roni

Gold Member
Am I missing something or is the Militech Canto MK.6 cyberware dogshit?

It has less quickhack slots and the Blackwall Gateway is super whack compared to something like Contagion because the spread radius is extremely limited.

Maybe I need a different configuration but so far it is very underwhelming. I like the AI voice telling you you are a bitch every time you use it though.
It works best with an Overclock build, it becomes crazy expensive in terms of RAM to run it 5 times straight without overclocking. Blackwall Gateway always kills, no matter how much HP the enemy has. So it's better than Contagion in that sense. I liked it a lot in my old character.

Been playing my second character on Very Hard, a Body/Reflexes/Tech build with Berserk and I'm enjoying the gunplay a lot. It's a very different beast from the Intelligence/Cool build of my last character. I'm appreciating the balance of the game a lot: a considerable amount of firefights end up in clutches. If I hesitate a moment before dashing behind cover or if I reload a split second late, it usually means a reload. The AI is really good too, they don't stand around and wait for me to mow 'em down. Fuckers run for cover and draw my attention while allies flank me all the time.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Guys, Holy shit! this expansion kicks ass.
I have been playing it along with the 2.0 for a week now and its fantastic, CDPR expansions are always worth it!

Dogtown looks so good, its detailed and reflects the environmental storytelling really well, the visuals are top of the line, the new weapons are so fun to shoot with, gigs are improved upon by a lot, side quests were as good as i knew them.
I gotta say, the game has come a long way, i can confidently say its a great game now.
Excited to see how the story ties up.
CDPR writing, dialogue and characters are still S tier for RPGs, they know how to craft engaging scenes.

Mozzarella

Just finished it today, a gut wrenching story to be honest.
Amazing expansion, one of the best i played.

What i loved about this expansion is its amazing presentation, dialogue, characters and the theme of spy-thriller it had, i legit felt like James Bond in some missions, in other i felt like a Professional assassin, you go through multiple phases, from special operation agent, to spy, to assassin and finally to a terminator.
The soundtrack carries a lot of moments and delivers the right emotions, props to the composers.
The district design looked fantastic, can't gosh enough about it.
The gameplay has been massively improved, particularly the skill system and the combat, it flows better now, i enjoy taking down my enemies in multiple ways.
And the gigs, choices and consequences were a lot challenging in this expansion than in the base game.

Overall i have to commend them again for another fantastic expansion, I guess after 3 masterful expansions i have concluded that CDPR should ditch the open world stuff and focus on what they do best.
Maybe they should snatch that juicy VTMB 2 license and give us a solid VTMB game after nearly 20 years of waiting.

Scotty W

Gold Member
Playing this today I can't help but feel pure hate for the Suits who push games out the gate no matter what.

Give Devs the time to develop quality content and ship when it's ready.
This is a necessary tragedy. The industry runs on hype. Gamers beg and plead for release. Some execs are strong enough to refuse, but there will always be a percentage who are not. This problem is ineradicable, because the industry runs on hype. This is a necessary tragedy.

MikeM

Well finished the game on PC. Own it on PS5 so gonna do a playthrough there now and trophy hunt. Curious to see how it plays versus my 7900xt PC.

Hugare

Played 20 minutes before work to check the patch out, PS5

Got chased out of nowhere by some Arasaka goons by car. After shooting them down, there was a shard in one of them saying stuff about the target (me). Cool stuff.

I've always used motorcycles, so I noticed that they've changed how it controls pretty instantly. Still plays very well, but feels more physics based, which is cool

Oh and after commiting a crime, a police officer came in a bike to shoot me down. I've never encountered police in bikes before, so it's a new addition.

Have to test being able to sit and interact with vendors later

This is seriously one of the best games that you can play on your next gen console right now. It's really, really good.

Despite having played it since launch on multiple consoles for more than 200h, I still love it to bits.

I cant even begin to imagine the experience that someone who had never played the game before would have by playing the game now for the first time

It's still not Witcher 3 tier for me, but its pretty close right now. Much more replayable than W3 tho, imo.

Last edited:

Ammogeddon

Can’t wait to jump on later and try it out.
Oh and after commiting a crime, a police officer came in a bike to shoot me down. I've never encountered police in bikes before, so it's a new addition.
Police were using bikes as of patch 2.0.

hlm666

I posted the info in the 2.1 thread so wont repost here but has anyone tried pathtracing with the new restir renderer and new ray reconstruction? does it improve the ghosting like claimed? Wont get a chance to finish the download and look until tomorrow.

link to post.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I preordered CP2077 and played it on launch day. It was my most anticipated game of the decade and my biggest gaming disappointment ever, literally made me kill myself in-game to roll credits cause I couldn't endure any more of its broken bugged-out mess any longer.

Gave it a lot of well-deserved shit online, sometimes all there is left to do is laugh.

As someone who isn't really into this whole 80's retro-future neon shebang, wrapping things up at almost 170 hrs in 2.0, all I can say it's an amazing comeback and an example of how much it matters not to release games when they're not ready. Especially when you start noticing all the smaller tweaks to how systems synergize, how much the combat has improved, how much more alive the city feels right now. It's the overall polish that makes everything good about it shine.

uAmUrRo.jpg

Did literally everything there is to do in the game + DLC and I'm installing 2.1 as we speak to snag that convertable and do some races. Let's go!

Roni

Gold Member
The walking toggle on PC is still broken, deactivating automatically when entering safe areas, has been broken since it was implemented and CDPR knows about it. Enough with the feature additions, just fix what's already in the game. I can't be bothered to play on PC using M&K because of this stupid bug that already has a mod that solves it.

No, I don't fucking want to play a modded game.

CDPR has been all talk about "roleplaying" and "immersion" lately and I still gotta experience my character breaking into a jog whenever I enter tight spaces. They've already been picking at the mods anyway for so many of these feature additions, copy the stupid mod that fixes this shit...

Last edited:
I literally know nothing about this game other than it's made by the same dev shop that did Witcher 3, which I loved.

Will I enjoy this on ps5? Did they work out all the bugs/kinks people complained about at launch?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I literally know nothing about this game other than it's made by the same dev shop that did Witcher 3, which I loved.

Will I enjoy this on ps5? Did they work out all the bugs/kinks people complained about at launch?
It’s awesome and my favorite game of the generation so far. Pretty much all the major bugs were fixed in v1.5 last year, generally people agreed that that was the state it should’ve launched in.

2.0 and 2.1 just made it even better. They totally reworked several gameplay systems and added new ones.

Anyway yeah it’s a great game and very much worth playing (especially with the expansion).

SJRB

Gold Member
I thought 2.1 added sitting at a bar. I tried the afterlife, Riot and Lizzies but nada.

Am I missing something?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Finally getting around to this.

Did the resolution take a serious hit performance mode? I remember it looking way cleaner than what I’m seeing today.

Garibaldi

I can't for the life of me get the repeatable races text to trigger. I finished the Claire races ages ago (pre 2.1) and its been days if not weeks ingame since 2.1. Pity, as I liked the racing. It'll be a mod or something that's broken it no doubt.

Absolutely loving the combat with a berserk Doom Slayer style build. I'm just dashing about, charge jumping and quaking gonks before blasting their faces off with Rebecca's shotty. Nova!

I especially enjoyed massacring the son of that father and son duo who were editing the scrolls of suicides and murders and such.

Just about to hit lvl 50. Time for Dogtown.

Roni

Gold Member
I can't for the life of me get the repeatable races text to trigger. I finished the Claire races ages ago (pre 2.1) and its been days if not weeks ingame since 2.1. Pity, as I liked the racing. It'll be a mod or something that's broken it no doubt.

Absolutely loving the combat with a berserk Doom Slayer style build. I'm just dashing about, charge jumping and quaking gonks before blasting their faces off with Rebecca's shotty. Nova!

I especially enjoyed massacring the son of that father and son duo who were editing the scrolls of suicides and murders and such.

Just about to hit lvl 50. Time for Dogtown.
Dogtown has some special chrome, your build is about to get even more bonkers.

sigmaZ

I love this game so much. It is just so fucking cool. And those visuals, sheesh.

Even after 200 hours I'm still in constant awe.

VGE5Td7.jpg

0vTpLdb.jpg

U2xsLVx.jpg
Damn. What graphics card do I need to run it like that? I'm upgrading next year, but I'm currently on a 2060 lol

Pakoe

Stopped playing 2 months ago due to some personal stuff and finally got time to get back into again.
Updated all my mods and can finally begin with the DLC. I'm hyped, not gonna lie.

Top Bottom