• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

TastyPastry

am i the only one who's experiencing way worse performance and blurry visuals since 2.01 on ps5? i swear i'm not just imagining things, the game felt great with 2.0 and very smooth. ghosting when driving around also seems much worse than before. what the fuck happaned? is there a way to go back to play 2.0 on ps5?

Claire was a man -- I wonder if she told her husband the day he died :messenger_winking_tongue:

Blasting the guy who caused the crash was pretty evil. At least she gives you her truck.
yeah I don't remember exactly why cos I never did those missions again in my playthroughs but I got super pissed at Claire's revelations.

CDPR write some seriously realistic characters.

Senhua

I was all ready to side with Songbird at the end because I didn't like how Reed and Alex outright murdered those twins when they weren't really that bad by Cyberpunk standards. That changed when songbird was willing to murder a whole stadium full of mostly innocent people in order to achieve her goal. She also had no intention of saving V all along
that's all on your head really
The real thing is when you sided her, you only kill bartmoss soldier, all her hacked turred is been adjusted against bartmoss soldier only (that clear on her words). You or her not kill a single innocent people at all during that mission.

SJRB

Gold Member
I want to do a mr. Hands quest but it keeps saying "Complete the previous contract you received from mr. Hands".

Does the game want me to just do all his gigs before this mission unlocks? Anyone know?

kunonabi

Claire was a man -- I wonder if she told her husband the day he died :messenger_winking_tongue:

Blasting the guy who caused the crash was pretty evil. At least she gives you her truck.
I had no interest in the ugly thing so I just won race. My V does what she's paid to do and doesn't take kindly to clients playing games.

Wingnut

The real thing is when you sided her, you only kill bartmoss soldier, all her hacked turred is been adjusted against bartmoss soldier only (that clear on her words). You or her not kill a single innocent people at all during that mission.
The airport is then a massacre to be fair. There is even a Altair build up a few days later where people give their condolences to all the victims. Even Pepe’s wife is there crying over her lost coworkers

yamaci17

I agree, people die because of the chaos that ensues. That is Hansen's place, and anything out of ordinary was going to cause casualties

All parties involved: V, Reed, Alex and Songbird risked the innocent lives in the stadium, regardless of who you side with. Planning to Kill hansen beneath the stadium means that you accepted a chaos that will ensue there that will claim lives. No two ways about it

Probably reed and alex would also think folks in stadium are expendable if it means they will be able to neutralize hansen and capture songbird

Senhua

The airport is then a massacre to be fair. There is even a Altair build up a few days later where people give their condolences to all the victims. Even Pepe’s wife is there crying over her lost coworkers
Please check again (I will do too if in case I'm wrong) but AFAIK Myers is the one who make that "illegal" raid, also V and So Mi clearly only kill NUSA spec ops and airport security is it?
If this is about NUSA spec ops kill innocent because So Mi in then why you don't give all that responsibily to Myers or Reed?
Let's say So Mi not rebel and still been a exclusive BW NUSA operative, are you sure she will never killer innocent at all? Judge by Myes and Reed attitude so far I doubt.
Also if avoiding killing innocent people is your things why not just ignore her first mission to help save Myers, do that and you will get message from So Mi that Myers is dead and that's it, you done PL.

I agree, people die because of the chaos that ensues. That is Hansen's place, and anything out of ordinary was going to cause casualties

All parties involved: V, Reed, Alex and Songbird risked the innocent lives in the stadium, regardless of who you side with. Planning to Kill hansen beneath the stadium means that you accepted a chaos that will ensue there that will claim lives. No two ways about it

Probably reed and alex would also think folks in stadium are expendable if it means they will be able to neutralize hansen and capture songbird
I agree, you can read my take on this at above reply. If we really want to count which is the worst about the number of innocent die on PL, then we also need to think about the number what if she is still stay in NUSA and not rebel.
Also yes that one of the So Mi bad/good? traits as I said in my first review about her (her determination etc)

Last edited:

Wingnut

Please check again (I will do too if in case I'm wrong) but AFAIK Myers is the one who make that "illegal" raid, also V and So Mi clearly only kill NUSA spec ops and airport security is it?
If this is about NUSA spec ops kill innocent because So Mi in then why you don't give all that responsibily to Myers or Reed?
Let's say So Mi not rebel and still been a exclusive BW NUSA operative, are you sure she will never killer innocent at all? Judge by Myes and Reed attitude so far I doubt.
Also if avoiding killing innocent people is your things why not just ignore her first mission to help save Myers, do that and you will get message from So Mi that Myers is dead and that's it, you done PL.

I agree, you can read my take on this at above reply. If we really want to count which is the worst about the number of innocent die on PL, then we also need to think about the number what if she is still stay in NUSA and not rebel.
Also yes that one of the So Mi bad/good? traits as I said in my first review about her (her determination etc)
You write it like security and nusa people are not „real“ people. I am not saying i don’t want to kill anyone. But So Mi is at the same level fucked up as the rest. I don’t had any reason to feel sad for her just because i sided with reed.

Senhua

You write it like security and nusa people are not „real“ people. I am not saying i don’t want to kill anyone. But So Mi is at the same level fucked up as the rest. I don’t had any reason to feel sad for her just because i sided with reed.
I do not blame you because you take reed path, I said in my first post the two path is clearly is distinct of each other. Reed more on order and loyalty while Song is more chaos and rebel. You choose Reed is not wrong at all, if Reed's dilema is more of your thing go for it.
I'm only a bit sad we cannot free Reed from Myers clutches. Well maybe kill myers? or just let it be so in the end it's the race between with Myers presidential's seat time and his mental deterioration.

Last edited:

Hugare

1. Lied to you (I am really do not mind about this little childish thing which clearly been make out of desperation, take her to the moon still much better not only for her to get rid of that damned BW also for fucking NUSA and reed plan too, give her to NUSA even as dead and they can still can salvage that BW shit to another's
2. Lied and manipulated everyone else (who? NUSA/ Reed?) anyone else? like I care about them at all especially after I watch all reed ending playthrough which made them worse than So Mi
3. Almost killed everyone? (I said again who? NUSA/Reed?) like I care at all. In cyberpunk lore all corpo is shit, rotten to the core, not to mention myers and reed attitude not helping at all too.
4. All about v and friend etc, yamaci already explained much better than me will be so I will leave it to him
5. Do you know when you take reed path at stadium and betray her? you destroy her ICE and guess what? yeah her going cyberpsycho cause that make rogue AI permanently infect her, Alex been killed and a lot of innocent people dies and make half of stadium been infected goes to blackwall shit. Nice plan Reed.
That the price of your betrayal just because of your irrational childish hate to someone who not even actively harming you pyshically.

Like dude if you really been butthurt for her lies about the cure just spare me all the soloed arasaka tower bullshit, why not just throw her under the bus and take that cure. Make that quiet NPC life your canon ending.
Why should I care about her AT ALL if she keeps lying and not giving a fuck to anybody else? How can I trust that she will cure me?

So yeah, Reed seemed much more trust worthy to me than Songbird

And in the end she goes "well, cant cure us both, sorry about using you, btw". "Little childish thing" my ass. V's motivation to help her was the cure, and she also lied about it.

Reed fucked up but at least his intentions where good.

Songbird only cared about her and no one else. She gives you a middle finger in the end.

So why should I help her at all? Please

At least Reed keeps his promisse and cure you in the end. Cant use cybernetics anymore? Fuck it, learn to live like any other human being.

You even get offered a job by Reed.

Cant sympathize with Songbird at all. I wonder if people would think the same if she was a dude or something lol.
Because to me, she is clearly a shit person that would fuck you up in the end (as she did)

Last edited:

Senhua

Why should I care about her AT ALL if she keeps lying and not giving a fuck to anybody else? How can I trust that she will cure me?

So yeah, Reed seemed much more trust worthy to me than Songbird

And in the end she goes "well, cant cure us both, sorry about using you, btw". "Little childish thing" my ass. V's motivation to help her was the cure, and she also lied about it.

Reed fucked up but at least his intentions where good.

Songbird only cared about her and no one else. She gives you a middle finger in the end.

So why should I help her at all? Please

At least Reed keeps his promisse and cure you in the end. Cant use cybernetics anymore? Fuck it, learn to live like any other human being.

You even ger offered a job by Reed.

Cant sympathize with Songbird at all.
Reed is just better at lying to you than her that's it.
Cure her secretly in europe?
Trust me this ICE breaker will work?
Cannot even denied his superior order which clearly not inline with his things?
Cannot even make So Mi discharge of her slavery job if you choose let her live in his path?
Hey I just said that I promised to keep her save, alive and sound but yeah sorry about anything else? eternal slavery? brain in the jar only for the eternity? not my problem

He has good intention, I do not denied it but sadly "too loyal to the fault"
He really care about Song but cannot trust her for her wish to be free (imagine if Reed and Song work together against NUSA)

It's okay if you cannot sympathize with her at all and choose to be cured of all things despite the consequences. I can understand that, not everything is for everyone is it? that's way they make branching not linear so people like you and me can choose their favorite.

Hugare

Reed is just better at lying to you than her that's it.
Cure her secretly in europe?
Trust me this ICE breaker will work?
Cannot even denied his superior order which clearly not inline with his things?
Cannot even make So Mi discharge of her slavery job if you choose let her live in his path?
Hey I just said that I promised to keep her save, alive and sound but yeah sorry about anything else? eternal slavery? brain in the jar only for the eternity? not my problem

He has good intention, I do not denied it but sadly "too loyal to the fault"
He really care about Song but cannot trust her for her wish to be free (imagine if Reed and Song work together against NUSA)

It's okay if you cannot sympathize with her at all and choose to be cured of all things despite the consequences. I can understand that, not everything is for everyone is it? that's way they make branching not linear so people like you and me can choose their favorite.
Yeah he is flawed, but hey, he cured V (and So). Kept his promise, something that she wasnt able to V.

She is still a slave of the government? Sure, but she is alive. Worth it? Thats the dilemma. To me it was.

More than one option leads to discussion like this, but to me its WILD that someone would choose to side with the one person who would throw everyone under the bus (including you) for her own safety.

To summarize: Reed is able to cure you, while Song lied about it. So the decision is easy. She isnt my friend. We had a deal, that wasnt charity.

ebevan91

I was all ready to side with Songbird at the end because I didn't like how Reed and Alex outright murdered those twins when they weren't really that bad by Cyberpunk standards. That changed when songbird was willing to murder a whole stadium full of mostly innocent people in order to achieve her goal. She also had no intention of saving V all along

I gave her to Reed in the end, after siding with her before. My V agreed to do all this shit for a possible cure and once he learned it could only be used once, then he took it for himself. If he hadn't been misled maybe he wouldn't have handed her over.

Senhua

Yeah he is flawed, but hey, he cured V (and So). Kept his promise, something that she wasnt able to V.

She is still a slave of the government? Sure, but she is alive. Worth it? Thats the dilemma. To me it was.

More than one option leads to discussion like this, but to me its WILD that someone would choose to side with the one person who would throw everyone under the bus (including you) for her own safety.

To summarize: Reed is able to cure you, while Song lied about it. So the decision is easy. She isnt my friend. We had a deal, that wasnt charity.
Yeah I can see it why you choose that.
someone would choose to side with the one person who would throw everyone under the bus (including you) for her own safety
Because for me it's not about her only, please check my previous no.1 answer for detail.

My V will not deal with devil for the cure that's it and rather choose die blazing glory than quiet life.
So we can agree to disagree, let leave this at that.

Now since I cannot get the cure in earth pardon me, have Arasaka tower to be solo'ed on the suicide mission which will reward me a ticket to moon for the possible cure (hopefully).

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I kinda forgot how cringe the Panam sex scene was. Very uncomfortable. Unskippable, too! Whole thing had me like this:

B9W7.gif

You just know the entire Aldecaldos camp was jacked in to see/hear you rawdogging Panam in the most inconvenient position known to man. Imagine the smell..

Anyway, some screens because how can I not:

wuAGCqb.jpg

CrfMKWj.jpg

qArzY4O.jpg

Y3VlgSe.jpg

Last edited:

Braag

They really did an amazing job showing how terrifying the Blackwall actually is.

In the base game I never really understood the urgency and danger of the Blackwall. I mean, rampant AI, how dangerous can it be? But man, that place is fucked up.

LPRTUHW.jpg
Isn't the Blackwall itself an AI that keeps the actually dangerous rogue AIs trapped on the other side?
So technically it's what's behind it that is terrifying. But I've not finished PL yet so maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Isn't the Blackwall itself an AI that keeps the actually dangerous rogue AIs trapped on the other side?
So technically it's what's behind it that is terrifying. But I've not finished PL yet so maybe I'm wrong.

Very true, it is a firewall created by Netwatch to keep malevolent AI out.

I tried keeping it kinda vague by just calling it Blackwall to avoid Phantom Liberty spoilers.

MikeM

I kinda forgot how cringe the Panam sex scene was. Very uncomfortable. Unskippable, too! Whole thing had me like this:

B9W7.gif

You just know the entire Aldecaldos camp was jacked in to see/hear you rawdogging Panam in the most inconvenient position known to man. Imagine the smell..

Anyway, some screens because how can I not:

wuAGCqb.jpg

CrfMKWj.jpg

qArzY4O.jpg

Y3VlgSe.jpg
Panam is fuckin bae

How Dare You Greta GIF

manlisten

This game has 100% sold me on DLSS/FSR/frame-gen tech. Using the Hardware Unboxed optimized settings, I'm clearing 100 FPS at 4K and about 80-85 FPS with ray tracing on a 4070 and for the life of me I can barely tell the difference. Maybe some shimmering on distant objects and that's about it. This shit is magic.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Panam is fuckin bae

How Dare You Greta GIF

She's bipolar as fuck with temper tantrums like she's 8 years old.

I still fucked her brains out as always because I always play as male V and I just can't help myself not to romance her because she's so lonely and I'm kinda worried me dunking on her pushes her to suicide or whatever.

Anyway this game is pretty dope.

Just for you:

1a6PThx.jpg

LZ2ACT7.png

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
JFC that new ending messed me up
hooray finally get the engram removed!
Wake up from a coma 2 years later
You’re weak as hell and can’t use cyberware anymore but hey, you could get a desk job at FIA
Go home and find out you’ve been evicted, Misty is gone, everything has changed
Vik tells you that you’ll never use cyberware again, and he sold out to the corpos
Get beaten and robbed by a couple random thugs
Say one last goodbye to Misty
Zoom out to see your pale, hairless, scarred up face
Go blend into the crowd broken and aimless
I’m already depressed as fuck when the credits start rolling, then Takemura calls you to let you know he teamed up with Hanako to overthrow Yorinobu, but they failed, she’s dead, and he was framed for her murder

Last edited:
JFC that new ending messed me up
hooray finally get the engram removed!
Wake up from a coma 2 years later
You’re weak as hell and can’t use cyberware anymore but hey, you could get a desk job at FIA
Go home and find out you’ve been evicted, Misty is gone, everything has changed
Vik tells you that you’ll never use cyberware again, and he sold out to the corpos
Get beaten and robbed by a couple random thugs
Say one last goodbye to Misty
Zoom out to see your pale, hairless, scarred up face
Go blend into the crowd broken and aimless
I’m already depressed as fuck when the credits start rolling, then Takemura calls you to let you know he teamed up with Hanako to overthrow Yorinobu, but they failed, she’s dead, and he was framed for her murder
That zoom out you mention was shocking as hell lol. Almost as bad as the time you find Songbird in the club. That made me feel sick. Then horny. Then confused.

ebevan91

I completed it today, fucking amazing expansion for fucking amazing game. Best thing I played in 2023...

Fuck the haters!

I'm finding it hard to play and enjoy anything else after finishing PL. I've gone back to Starfield here and there but I can't play it for long because it runs like shit on my computer on the "hub" planets like Jemison, Akila, etc. and it makes it not very enjoyable.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

She said her husband helped her through her transition.

Bojji

I'm finding it hard to play and enjoy anything else after finishing PL. I've gone back to Starfield here and there but I can't play it for long because it runs like shit on my computer on the "hub" planets like Jemison, Akila, etc. and it makes it not very enjoyable.

Exactly, I had the same feeling when completing base game in 2022 (or 2021?)

Luckily Alan Wake 2 is around the corner, AC Mirage is soulless as fuck and i don't really have any motivation to play it right now.

ebevan91

Exactly, I had the same feeling when completing base game in 2022 (or 2021?)

Luckily Alan Wake 2 is around the corner, AC Mirage is soulless as fuck and i don't really have any motivation to play it right now.

The writing and characters are just top notch. Nearly all of Phantom Liberty's characters were interesting and unique. In a lot of games I kinda tune out of dialogue and will pick up my phone, look at the TV, whatever. Not Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:

Woggleman

It is rare where you play a video game story and you don't know who to trust. The answer is nobody which is why my V was mercenary about how he went about things. He did what benefited him. Not going into anything but when dealing with snakes you need to start hissing yourself.

Roni

Gold Member
Rolled credits on Phantom Liberty and the base game's new ending yesterday. I liked the ending and, personally, consider it to be one of the good endings. But...

It's probably the best ending for V in his quest for survival: not being able to use combat implants is a small price to pay for getting your life back with no clear expiration date in sight. Only thing I disliked is how, just as with other questlines (like Sinnerman, for example) in the game, you can feel the writing team's hand weighing pretty heavily. For this run, my Corpo V had no real attachments to Night City: I didn't develop any relationships in my playthrough. Helped Panam get Saul back, but always made it clear it was for a price. Never helped her with the Basilisk; told Judy I'd call her back on the Clouds insurrection plan, but never did; met with the Peralez's, but never called River after analyzing the BD; and never even got close to meeting Kerry. Jackie was dead, Viktor and Misty were friends, but not super close friends. Yet there were no dialogue options for my V to just be happy about the third chance he'd gotten and stay with Reed and FIA. The writers wanted my V to feel bad about the ending, even though I personally didn't. I roleplayed a detached corpo agent on purpose, I knew what I was doing.

Still have another half of the story to check out (I think) due to the big decision at the Stadium. Looking forward to that!

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
960x0.jpg
Beat cyberpunk and phantom liberty here are my thoughts, just because glitches were at launch in 2020 doesn’t mean it’s a bad game today I think cyberpunk is the next big franchise. There’s such a giant difference between dogtown and night city compared to other open world games. Whenever I’m driving around the paths are very very enjoyable. I think the first encounter with songbird is different than the first encounter with Johnny silverhand. Reed was so important to getting into that outrageous hotel, I thought there would be a 1v1 fight with Kurt (like smasher) but I think the side moves were incredible.

Roni

Gold Member
960x0.jpg
Beat cyberpunk and phantom liberty here are my thoughts, just because glitches were at launch in 2020 doesn’t mean it’s a bad game today I think cyberpunk is the next big franchise. There’s such a giant difference between dogtown and night city compared to other open world games. Whenever I’m driving around the paths are very very enjoyable. I think the first encounter with songbird is different than the first encounter with Johnny silverhand. Reed was so important to getting into that outrageous hotel, I thought there would be a 1v1 fight with Kurt (like smasher) but I think the side moves were incredible.
The showdown with Kurt is in the game: very good fight and quite challenging on Hard for my Intelligence/Cool build. Took a few honest tries before I cracked the right quickhack combos to neutralize him.

You betrayed Reed, right?

Mortisfacio

I actually finally started enjoying Starfield just before I dropped it to restart my 2.0 replay. After PL, I went back, and I can't stand Starfield. Based on my feelings prior where I was getting enjoyment, I assume this is just a comparison issue. All the little things I didn't mind just annoy me now. Especially the mini loading screens. I can go all around night city, into cars, elevators, shops, etc. seamlessly, but even just like a clothing shop in Starfield I have to go through a black screen to get me into the shop that has one person in it. I'm assuming it's the Creative Engine limitations or something, but like New Atlantis doesn't look visually impressive and yet it's all compartmentalized.

Flabagast

This DLC is fucking prime, I love the narrative and the environments.

However I am afraid that it will end soon. I am about to go into the Black Saphire, without any spoilers how much have I left ? Is it close to the end or is there still a good chunk of storyline to see ?

However I am afraid that it will end soon. I am about to go into the Black Saphire, without any spoilers how much have I left ? Is it close to the end or is there still a good chunk of storyline to see ?

I skipped the whole DLC because I saw how tiny the area was on the map and had an idea it would be a small thing.

Woggleman

You still have a few missions but there are also a number of gigs even after the story.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Still winding things down. Finishes Judy's story. Was hoping it would end with hot animal relations but alas, no.

I did get to the hideout next to the lake. Anything secret there as it's a large underwater area to explore.

And I can't remember but is there a way to have light while under water or something to illuminate?

Last edited:

Hugare

Still winding things down. Finishes Judy's story. Was hoping it would end with hot animal relations but alas, no.

I did get to the hideout next to the lake. Anything secret there as it's a large underwater area to explore.

And I can't remember but is there a way to have light while under water or something to illuminate?
No secrets to find. Its just a chill mission (can look spooky tho)

And no, you can turn on any flashlight. There's a flashlight mod on PC, but not present on consoles (sucks)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
No secrets to find. Its just a chill mission (can look spooky tho)

And no, you can turn on any flashlight. There's a flashlight mod on PC, but not present on consoles (sucks)
I'm going to have to look that up unless you got a line. I have barely touched underwater. Honestly. He flashlight bud will do a hell of a lot since it's kind of annoying not being able to see much underwater until you get near it.

It is rare where you play a video game story and you don't know who to trust. The answer is nobody which is why my V was mercenary about how he went about things. He did what benefited him. Not going into anything but when dealing with snakes you need to start hissing yourself.
You can either be a corpo snake and live in a luxury apartment or be an anarchist edgelord like Johnny and live in the desert with the Nomads.

Top Bottom