• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

SJRB

Gold Member
Bro this DLC is insane. Absolutely crazy. The story, the characters, the choices, the consequences. Amazing work.

I'm not done yet but I've made my choice (if you know, you know) and dealt with the immediate consequences. Now it's ramping up for the finale, I think. It's so good.

CDPR was aiming for that spy thriller vibe and they nailed it. They nailed it 1000%. There's intrigue, plot twists, backstabs, gadgets, espionage, questionable motives, dubious moral choices, never really knowing who to trust.

10/10 content.

yamaci17

machete is as fun as katana if not more
I just wish I gave it a chance earlier!

highlights of the video

3:35 machete finisher on assault
5:35 grab insta kill on pesky netrunner
6:27 I somehow teleported to somewhere else
8:12 grab insta kill on mantis

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I think I understand the hype around Cyberpunk now. I tried the game yesterday without update, and today I updated it. The game feels incredible now. Even on PS5 I absolutely enjoyed the shootouts, the aiming feels better, the dash is great, and you can do much more. I got into a brawl with a full police force and I self destructed their cars, while also doing drive by and hacking during driving myself. I never had this fun with cyberpunk's combat before.

I am on the fence for Phantom Liberty now

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
110+ hrs later in my second playthrough (from scratch), finally got to the point where it's time to get to the Dogtown. Let's do this thing🥷

Rq9iJ4Y.jpg

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
110+ hrs later in my second playthrough (from scratch), finally got to the point where it's time to get to the Dog Town. Let's do this thing🥷

Rq9iJ4Y.jpg
Enjoy! I’m early in the expansion but it really takes everything to the next level. Dog Town is way more densely packed, vertical, and detailed than the rest of Night City (which is really saying something). The gigs are filled with great dialog and interesting choices. Main story has me hooked. Pretty sure this is my GOTY

Mortisfacio

The ability for CDPR to craft a narrative choice that is so compelling and morally gray is absurd how good they are at it. Amazing how consistently I never feel "good" about my choice. Idris Elba really did some great voice acting and really felt for his character. Going to replay just the expansion choosing the total opposite choices now, but what a ride. Recency bias I want to put this over the Witcher 3 expansions. My only complaint at all is the ragdoll physics. The story, characters, world and stunning visuals are breathtaking. Arguably the best in the industry. Then you kill a guy and he awkwardly flops along a wall and instant rigor mortis. Kind of takes you out.

SJRB

Gold Member
Someone ingame gave me a BD scroll of the Lizzy Wizzy concert but I have no fucking clue how I am supposed to watch it.

Am I missing something? How do I watch this thing?

I’ve never watched a braindance outside a scripted mission before, if this even a thing?

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Someone ingame gave me a BD scroll of the Lizzy Wizzy concert but I have no fucking clue how I am supposed to watch it.

Am I missing something? How do I watch this thing?

I’ve never watched a braindance outside a scripted mission before, if this even a thing?

You need to go back to your apartment.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yeah I just found out it is a static thing that can only be done in the OG apartment.

Still pretty cool to randomly add this to the game, must've taken a lot of work.

A lot of work to play it as BD in your apartment? Nope. But to produce the entire stage performance must have been a ton of work. It’s such a small thing that you can skip completely, this should be applauded.

yamaci17

Endgame builds are so OP, holy shit. I feel like a god. Strangely enough, I've been acting more and more like a cyberpsycho. Going on rampages killing everything in my path. I wasn't like this prior to 2.0, I swear.
same. I just open the game and kill groups of barghest people in front of the stadium and to the next of the gate

I think we truly become cyberpsycho after all

I'm finally happy with how my V looks. Here's hoping the next game will have more cyberware customization. Some of these mods can be very glitchy.

gp5Sj6M.jpg

Dude, Alex just gave my V some massive blue balls. I even went to the backroom after her expecting something. At least some unique dialogue. Nothing.
I know how you feel, V.

Wingnut

Oh man I have a problem. I finished everything I could do. But I can’t stop playing that game. I just wandering around now and collecting clothings and clothing sets. I know there are many other games out there but I can’t bring me to start some of them. I don’t want to leave night city yet.

I hope CD project is soon fixing the cyberware capacity shards bug. Maybe when I really finish my V I can leave it

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Been taking my time with a fresh 2.0 play through, and finally started Phantom Liberty yesterday. Dogtown might look small but I am blown away by how dense it is.

Are you able to travel freely back and forth between main content and Phantom Liberty at any point? Or are you kind of locked in until you finish?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Been taking my time with a fresh 2.0 play through, and finally started Phantom Liberty yesterday. Dogtown might look small but I am blown away by how dense it is.

Are you able to travel freely back and forth between main content and Phantom Liberty at any point? Or are you kind of locked in until you finish?

You can go back and forward, there are no restrictions.

SJRB

Gold Member

Once you get past the first couple of quests in Phantom Liberty the game opens up again and you can move freely wherever you want.

You'll get a call from Mr. Hands about this too, there's no way to miss it.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The first few hours sure don't. I have been like damn at least let me get to my stash, I just got like 400 new guns and outfits.

Yeah, you have to finish that long-ass on rail intro section. But once you're in the open-world, you can go back and forward between Dog Town and main city. Even when plot would suggest you shouldn't. There are no restrictions.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just finished it, man that was insane. First half of the DLC was great, second half was incredible.

Somewhat Damaged was amazing. I'm still kinda shook at the whole thing, lol. So intense.

Perfect epilogue, too. Not a simple "GG YOU FINISHED", but several epilogue missions wrapping the whole thing up.

RcPKyT7.jpg

25vFPc0.jpg

RuAHhg6.jpg

2DbBegU.jpg

7oomwxo.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
They really did an amazing job showing how terrifying the Blackwall actually is.

In the base game I never really understood the urgency and danger of the Blackwall. I mean, rampant AI, how dangerous can it be? But man, that place is fucked up.

LPRTUHW.jpg

Last edited:

Senhua

Just finished it, side with the songbird until the end (her final message) and oh my what a game. Maybe the best AAA game I played since Nier Automata (if that considered AAA). My GOTY and GOTD (as I doubt this will be matched by anything until the sequel came).

Not interested to play another path / ending as I think Song first ending is the most vibing with mine. why?
Warning : HEAVY spoiler from here

PL present very interesting story line with two distinct path:
Sided with Song who represent chaos and rebel or
Reed who represent order and loyalty.
There are no in between as those two is on very opposite end of spectrum
I consider the ending which she dead is bad as there are no second chance for her and more consider aligned with reed path.

Songbird is clunky, sluggish and always do some mistake type of person when planned to do something also only have a ordinary human like mentality (rebel when be cornered as all regular human do). not like reed whom I reckon more like super soldier/spy with super mind and mentality .
AND also (more clearly at the end) VERY VERY DETERMINED to the fault person after her commit to do something no matter the cost (as Jonny said)
All of that often fall into us vs the world situation and this always be interpreted by others as bad things.

But for me this is very resonating with my V, I respecting her determination also I like her us vs the world attitude as always feels there are some romance on that kind of attitude.
When first big choice at firestarter I still doubt about her as I not close enough to know her true char (All I know is there are opportunity she still hiding something) but I still choose to believe her as I consider other choice if more bad (do not vibe to knocked person in the back when coop with).
So yes I still choose her despite only know her for brief moment know that I am very open to betrayal regard to the cure. She promised to contact me after the research done on that black clinic. What if she not contact me? what if that black clinic betray her?
In the end after I examine her behavior closely from out mission together: I am very resonating with her and do not really matter when she tell me that she lies about the cure. Suck and disappointed yes well at least she have a courage to tell me in person rather just go away and never contact me again.

Reed? well I have no anything bad to say about him just why you always blocking my mission? well so yes bullet to his head.
I only do one ending in PL as I do not have any regret doing that choice at all and will always do the same again and again.
So see you again So Mi, hope you find whatever you want to find on there.
bxvWJSV.jpg

Last edited:

Markio128

I had my first experience of the DLC last night and ended up playing for a couple of really enjoyable hours. The intro is pretty intense! I stopped playing before making the call in the cafe, but I can’t wait to play more and explore more of Dogtown. Great first impression.

The way Alex killed Kurt Hansen... Holy shit.
Against my instincts I decided to side with So Mi in the last minute. Can't wait to see the aftermath.

Last edited:

Shtef

After playing phantom liberty yesterday i started it today and i saw this message

DkrVR1e.jpg

Also i couldn't continue my save, i had to download dlc again for some reason.

kunonabi

I despise Judy. The worst combination of <current generation> personality disorders :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yeah, her passive aggressive response to my going home was super pathetic. Everybody else I turned down took it much better. So far Judy, Rachel, Claire, and the Padre are the only characters I actively dislike.

Hugare

Finished the DLC yesterday

Fucking amazing. It adds so much to the game. Base game + DLC is now one hell of an experience.

First, my impressions about 2.0:

Its a game changer. The skill tree makes progression so rewarding, and new skills are actually useful now. Double jump + air dash makes traversal soooo good. I played this game like crack (60h) for the past few days despite having played it already for 120h since launch.

Its now a very polished experience. For the 60H played I can count on one hand minor bugs that I have experienced like NPCs sitting on air and etc. Looks and plays fantastic.

Now, about PL, I have some opinions about the story

Fuck Songbird. That selfish bitch. Lied and manipulated everyone during the DLC, and almost killed everyone because she wanted to save herself.

And she is the one to blame. Sure Reed recruited her when she was young, but if you pay attention to the flashbacks, you can see that she was always manipulative and ambitious.

She got herself into tough spots over and over across the years, according to Alex. Her luck would run out sooner or later to bite her in the ass.

What drove me mad is how CDPR wanted to paint Songbird as the same person as V, because they are in the same situation fighting for survival. But V is not selfish like she is. He was always honest to people how the Relic was killing him, his objectives and etc. And he even storms the Arasaka HQ by himself so he wouldnt kill any of his friends.
During the Nomad ending, the clan joins V because they want to, and are aware of the risks. Not because V lied to them.

So yeah, fuck Songbird. Shame that Alex died on her ending, 'cause Reed was the only possible choice

Last edited:

yamaci17

Finished the DLC yesterday

Fucking amazing. It adds so much to the game. Base game + DLC is now one hell of an experience.

First, my impressions about 2.0:

Its a game changer. The skill tree makes progression so rewarding, and new skills are actually useful now. Double jump + air dash makes traversal soooo good. I played this game like crack (60h) for the past few days despite having played it already for 120h since launch.

Now, about PL, I have some opinions about the story

Fuck Songbird. That selfish bitch. Lied and manipulated everyone during the DLC, and almost killed everyone because she wanted to save herself.

And she is the one to blame. Sure Reed recruited her when she was young, but if you pay attention to the flashbacks, you can see that she was always manipulative and ambitious.

She got herself into tough spots over and over across the years, according to Alex. Her luck would run out sooner or later to bite her in the ass.

What drove me mad is how CDPR wanted to paint Songbird as the same person as V, because they are in the same situation fighting for survival. But V is not selfish like she is. He was always honest to people how the Relic was killing him, his objectives and etc. And he even storms the Arasaka HQ by himself so he wouldnt kill any of his friends.
During the Nomad ending, the clan joins V because they want to, and are aware of the risks. Not because V lied to them.

So yeah, fuck Songbird. Shame that Alex died on her ending, 'cause Reed was the only possible choice
I have to agree that she was manipulative but I still think she's a mirror of V, but a different version

The reason she's so manipulative and untrusting is because she never had true friends. Working under that manipulative Myers, none of them could be good people

Now compare that to V's friends.

Viktor: A ripper that refused all corpos for years, a true friend (especially after things done changed, you clearly see that).
Jackie: Non corpo, brother for life, you can trust him with your life
Panam: A nomad, free spirit person
Judy: A person who got wronged by life, all alone, lost evelyn etc.

Now compare these people to psychopats like Myers, Reed and Alex. These people, due to their occupations, stopped being human beings with feelings. This story is about them trying to regain those feelings actually. Alex somewhat managed to break free of her chains (as a result, does not come after us like Reed). But Reed couldn't. If you watch Songbird ending, you will see he "for a second" tried to be defiant against Myers and Myers instantly said "WHAT DID YOU SAY NOW!11"

And then there's Myers, who also probably encouraged Songbird with bad intentions. Sure, Songbird herself is ambitious but let's be real: Myers abused that ambition and probably used it against her. No one abused V for her ambitions. Instead they shared her ambitions together (Jackie, Panam, Rogue etc.)

Silverhand says this the best:
WlHUT6a.png

Yeah, V didn't betray these people. Why would they betray them though? V is fully sure that she can trust them. with her life. She always knew she could trust these people. This is why it is so poetic to me.

Though this is the beauty of this story. You can interpret it however you like. This is just my opinion of course!

Hugare

I have to agree that she was manipulative but I still think she's a mirror of V, but a different version

The reason she's so manipulative and untrusting is because she never had true friends. Working under that manipulative Myers, none of them could be good people

Now compare that to V's friends.

Viktor: A ripper that refused all corpos for years, a true friend (especially after things done changed, you clearly see that).
Jackie: Non corpo, brother for life, you can trust him with your life
Panam: A nomad, free spirit person
Judy: A person who got wronged by life, all alone, lost evelyn etc.

Now compare these people to psychopats like Myers, Reed and Alex. These people, due to their occupations, stopped being human beings with feelings. This story is about them trying to regain those feelings actually. Alex somewhat managed to break free of her chains (as a result, does not come after us like Reed). But Reed couldn't. If you watch Songbird ending, you will see he "for a second" tried to be defiant against Myers and Myers instantly said "WHAT DID YOU SAY NOW!11"

And then there's Myers, who also probably encouraged Songbird with bad intentions. Sure, Songbird herself is ambitious but let's be real: Myers abused that ambition and probably used it against her. No one abused V for her ambitions. Instead they shared her ambitions together (Jackie, Panam, Rogue etc.)

Silverhand says this the best:
WlHUT6a.png

Yeah, V didn't betray these people. Why would they betray them though? V is fully sure that she can trust them. with her life. She always knew she could trust these people. This is why it is so poetic to me.

Though this is the beauty of this story. You can interpret it however you like. This is just my opinion of course!
I see your pov, but I disagree kinda.

Reed was doing what he was doing mainly for Songbird, not for Myers. Felt like he loved her, and would give his own life to save her. Thats something that Songbird wouldnt do for him. But she knew how much he cares about her. Or how even Alex cared for her.

Felt like Songbird was Reed's ungrateful teenager daughter, basicaly

About some of V's friends (Judy, Panam, Kerry, River and etc.), V have known them for what, one week? Felt like V was giving a huge leap of faith by telling them about his/her condition.

V had way more reasons for not trusting them than Songbird with Reed (Alex not so much)

And it never felt right how Songbird was opening up to me about her past, secrets and etc. while at the same time she was lying about her plans. Felt like she was manipulating me and would use me at anytime for her own good. Didnt feel that way about Reed, so I trusted him more.

Anyway, I have to experience her ending now to really see the whole picture.

Will come back here later with some new thoughts

Last edited:

Woggleman

I was all ready to side with Songbird at the end because I didn't like how Reed and Alex outright murdered those twins when they weren't really that bad by Cyberpunk standards. That changed when songbird was willing to murder a whole stadium full of mostly innocent people in order to achieve her goal. She also had no intention of saving V all along

Senhua

1. Lied to you (I am really do not mind about this little childish thing which clearly been make out of desperation, take her to the moon still much better not only for her to get rid of that damned BW also for fucking NUSA and reed plan too, give her to NUSA even as dead and they can still can salvage that BW shit to another's
2. Lied and manipulated everyone else (who? NUSA/ Reed?) anyone else? like I care about them at all especially after I watch all reed ending playthrough which made them worse than So Mi
3. Almost killed everyone? (I said again who? NUSA/Reed?) like I care at all. In cyberpunk lore all corpo is shit, rotten to the core, not to mention myers and reed attitude not helping at all too.
4. All about v and friend etc, yamaci already explained much better than me will be so I will leave it to him
5. Do you know when you take reed path at stadium and betray her? you destroy her ICE and guess what? yeah her going cyberpsycho cause that make rogue AI permanently infect her, Alex been killed and a lot of innocent people dies and make half of stadium been infected goes to blackwall shit. Nice plan Reed.
That the price of your betrayal just because of your irrational childish hate to someone who not even actively harming you pyshically.

Like dude if you really been butthurt for her lies about the cure just spare me all the soloed arasaka tower bullshit, why not just throw her under the bus and take that cure. Make that quiet NPC life your canon ending.

Last edited:

Singular7

Panam is indeed an overgrown child but at least she gave me a sniper rifle.

Everything about Claire is awful.

Claire was a man -- I wonder if she told her husband the day he died :messenger_winking_tongue:

Blasting the guy who caused the crash was pretty evil. At least she gives you her truck.

Top Bottom