• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

ebevan91

Anyone got advice for an early-game melee build? I'm trying to build one but guns are way more effective. Even with investments in body and perks in blunt weapons, I don't deal that much damage and enemies just mow me down on Very Hard when I'm out in the open.

It's manageable with guns because I can take cover but I don't wanna use them. The coach near V's apartment also sell decently powerful melee weapons but they're crazy expensive. 13K for his best bat and I only have 20K.

You earn money much quicker in 2.0 than you did previously. My new V was able to pay off Viktor and still have like $30k left over after just a handful of gigs and the Pickup mission. I'm looting a lot more eddies than usual as well. Sell non-iconic weapons that you won't be using. Sell duplicate mods. Sell clothing you don't like.

Last edited:

GudOlRub

Neo Member
Started a new playthrough last week, already bought the expansion but at this rate I might not be starting it until next week, I want to do it only after I finish pretty much everything there is to do in the main game.
I'm absolutely loving playing the game all over again but man this is already bumming me out, I can't believe this is the only expansion we'll get for this game and that CDPR will abandon the RED engine after bringing it to such a magnificent state...

I truly hope the change to UE5 goes smoothly and that they pour everything they've got into project orion since we'll probably only see Night City again in the 2030's...

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
So far, 2.0 is great, but somehow on my 5800x3d/3080 FE performance is all over the place. 10 seconds of lags while in and out of menus, sub 40fps with RT-reflections only. Drops even with DLSS (granted, in 4K). But the thing is, FPS was tad better last time I've checked the game this spring. With the same exact settings.

Sigh, another photomode run will wait until further fixes.
PJEa905.jpg

Last edited:

GudOlRub

Neo Member
So far, 2.0 is great, but somehow on my 5800x3d/3080 FE performance is all over the place. 10 seconds of lags while in and out of menus, sub 40fps with RT-reflections only. Drops even with DLSS (granted, in 4K). But the thing is, FPS was tad better last time I've checked the game this spring. With the same exact settings.

PJEa905.jpg
I also have the lags between gameplay and menus, really annoying, those 40fps might be a little strange though, I'm having 40-60fps with RT Reflections and Medium RT GI at 1440p with a 5800X3D/3070, g-sync helps making it look a bit smoother though.
Haven't entered Dogtown yet though, from what people are saying I'm kinda expecting for the performance there to tank.

Modded game crashes before it gets to the main menu. I googled for answers and see that CDPR disabled mods for the game and want people to remake them... very disappointing. I took all mods out and my character is somehow a green hair freak and I'm way over my inventory limit

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I can finally start tonight. Got the Pacifica stuff wrapped up earlier today, got the call from songbird so we can get it going.

Hyped to experience this.

lmimmfn

I'm holding off buying this for the moment, I'm highly invested in Baldurs Gate rm3 and will be for weeks, by the time I can play this hopefully it will be available on cheapo.
I just finished the story back in April snd found it to be excellent.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Modded game crashes before it gets to the main menu. I googled for answers and see that CDPR disabled mods for the game and want people to remake them... very disappointing. I took all mods out and my character is somehow a green hair freak and I'm way over my inventory limit

Yes, the expansion and updates broke all mods

Sleepwalker

Does this game have cross save with consoles like the witcher? I never got too far but would appreciate not replaying some early game missions lol

Topher

Gold Member
Does this game have cross save with consoles like the witcher? I never got too far but would appreciate not replaying some early game missions lol

Yes, it does. Although I tried to get my new 2.0 PC save to run on my PS5 and the game kept crashing. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Just look for the Cross Progression option in the save menu.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Yes, it does. Although I tried to get my new 2.0 PC save to run on my PS5 and the game kept crashing. Maybe you'l have better luck.

Just look for the Cross Progression option in the save menu.
Perfect, ill be going the other way around (PS5 to PC) hope it works better then.

Bkdk

Started a new playthrough last week, already bought the expansion but at this rate I might not be starting it until next week, I want to do it only after I finish pretty much everything there is to do in the main game.
I'm absolutely loving playing the game all over again but man this is already bumming me out, I can't believe this is the only expansion we'll get for this game and that CDPR will abandon the RED engine after bringing it to such a magnificent state...

I truly hope the change to UE5 goes smoothly and that they pour everything they've got into project orion since we'll probably only see Night City again in the 2030's...
Part of the reason them moving to UE5 is speed up the city development, seems like it's much easier to create a big city environment using UE5. Hopefully the dev time will be reduced. Upgrading red engine must've taken CDPR such a long time thus it takes them 8 years to finally finish their work on cyberpunk 2077 2.0. Likely still another few patches too to fix some bugs with this 2.0 patch.

Fredrik

Started playing 2.0 over the weekend but I went back to my Starfield addiction last night, I think I’ve played Cyberpunk too much, started over and I’m already kinda bored very early on, it looks good but it feels like I’ve seen it all already.
How far along do I need to be when Phantom Liberty starts?

Paltheos

Started the DLC. I'm a few missions in. I'm... not sure I did it correctly? The start point is surrounded by several turrets, a couple bipedal suppression robots, and a few dozen dudes, and I had to kill them all, a somewhat lengthy process, before I could safely fish around for the spot to initiate the DLC encounter. No problems after I started of course but I kinda wonder if I was really meant to kill that many people to do it.

Wtf is up with this Chimera?? Having straight up balteus flashbacks of getting teeth stomped in…

I could imagine it being a problem. I chopped him up~ I'd run quickhack build for most of the main game and switched to full-on weeb near the end so I could level up Shinobi. The cyberware that replaces all your hacking ability with a fury mode is stupid good for melee. I just circle-strafed the chimera, slicing away the whole time and tanking any hits to the face.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Is HDR on PS5 still a broken mess nowadays? I’ve been trying switching it on and off while following some guidelines and everything is so washed out and horrible to look at. Any suggestions? What should I do?

Ironbunny

First time playing and so far this looks like a fun game. Glad I (like many of you) skipped the original launch. Will be playing corporate. Any tips for the character path/build? I dont like close combat but rather keep the distance.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Glad I (like many of you) skipped the original launch.

I was there on day one on PC and game was great. But I also tried it on One X and it was a mess. It’s actually fun to play the original disc release on last gen but for all the wrong reasons.

GymWolf

Started the dlc and i immeditale noticed 2 things, songbird is uglier than the cg trailer but her ass is first class, more close to t-bug ass than panam fat, more rounded ass.

Second thing, the new relic upgrades are great, a lot of fun stuff to try between applying hacks with the wire or making enemy flying with the gorilla arms.

Songbird forcing the metal arm idiot to shut the fuck up was glorious.

Bkdk

Playing the game more, has no idea what CDPR is thinking for that alex char design, they could even just put a random female NPC to replace that design and would've look better. The chars you see most often are the ones that look most boring, at least in the first few missions, really have no idea what CDPR is thinking there.

GymWolf

Riders on the storm? It’s in my quest log, I’ll do it next. I prefer just to mess with new abilities in gigs, I find these the most fun as they offer various approaches compared to most of the main missions that are largely on rails.
I don't remember the name of the mission, you get her car back and then she drive into a place where nash is, you kill him and take his rifle.
(It's an iconic weapon)

Oh and btw, where do i upgrade the iconic weapons? Maybe i missed the explanation at the beginning.

Last edited:

GymWolf

PJEa905.jpg

I also have the lags between gameplay and menus, really annoying, those 40fps might be a little strange though, I'm having 40-60fps with RT Reflections and Medium RT GI at 1440p with a 5800X3D/3070, g-sync helps making it look a bit smoother though.
Haven't entered Dogtown yet though, from what people are saying I'm kinda expecting for the performance there to tank.
Yeah the slowdowns when opening the map or the inventory are very, VERY annoying.

They need to patch this shit asap.

GymWolf

All I can say is that forced boss fights in RPG that allows you to create character that relays 100% on stealth are a dick move. It feels like you’re being punished for choosing a playstyle.
I mean...how can they avoid to put boss fights in a long ass rpg?

You chose a playstyle that is op against normal group of enemies but crap against bosses, every playstyle should have weak points and you should have hard times in some occassions.

If every build was perfect for everything it would be boring.

The new relic system has a perk to use invisibility during combat to make enemies lose your tracks mid-combat, maybe that was created for boss encounters.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Am I trippin over does the skill tree remind anyone else of Rage 2?
In 2.0 RPG systems are overall redesigned to fit the FPS part more fluidly. And that's a good thing, in my book. Until now Cyberpunk was a very weird mix oc a classic CRPG skill tree philosophy and FPS game that was hanging somewhere in-between. Now it's a more or less frirst-person action with strong RPG-elements and some more or less meaningful builds.

That's my impression from a fresh char after 10 hours at least.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I mean...how can they avoid to put boss fights in a long ass rpg?

You chose a playstyle that is op against normal group of enemies but crap against bosses, every playstyle should have weak points and you should have hard times in some occassions.

If every build was perfect for everything it would be boring.

The new relic system has a perk to use invisibility during combat to make enemies lose your tracks mid-combat, maybe that was created for boss encounters.

This was a massive problem in Deus Ex: Human Revolution original release. They fixed it in Director's Cut. They made it so you could use tech skills to hack turrets that would help you in a fight, unlock new paths etc. etc. etc.

Now CDRP is making the same mistakes.

Also, a pure Solo build is OP against everything. So yeah, my playstyle of choice that's supported by game mechanics and skill tree is fucking trash for forced boss battles that (to my knowledge) don't offer any alternatives. It's dog shit game design. Or maybe there were alternatives but I had too much whisky last night and missed them.

Pakoe

I have the exact same issues. Played the game back in 2020 and it ran pretty solid, seems to be asking some more of PC my since 2.0.
5800x & 3080.

GymWolf

The game has some sort of barely present simil euphoria system or i can't explain the end of this video (it also happened to me and i thought it was just a glitch)

Characters in games usually just don't stumble over cadavers except for SOME rockstar games.

Maybe it's because he was using the super speed...

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
The first string of Phantom Liberty missions are awesome. Grandiose in scale, intense, great character building, amazing visuals and locations throughout. It all feels very oppressive and overwhelming and reminds me of Escape from LA and Heart of Darkness in more ways than one. Level design is also great, they once again nailed the "explore every nook and cranny for some loot" dopamine hit.

However, it is also extremely linear and you have to sit it through to the end, you can't just walk away halfway through. So tuck in because you'll be busy for a couple of hours. So don't start the first mission thinking "eh I'll just explore Dogtown for a bit to see what's what" because this is going to take a while.

Last edited:

Bkdk

All I can say is, if you buy this expecting a open world and rich RPG experience, perhaps it would be a crushing disappointment, however I look at the product introduction, CDPR did say this this is a spy thriller adventure, then this is pretty darn impressive. They absolutely nailed the atmosphere. I think the biggest plot twist of the year is that, when I look at BG3, starfield then phantom liberty, I totally expect 3 long as amazing rpg games to play, end up 3 quite different games, well played! Only BG3 is offering a more traditional RPG experience while starfield and phantom liberty offering quite a different focus. Will play through the other major choice later then see the ending of the game. After this though, the only game I truly look forward to this year will be rouge trader.

Topher

Gold Member
Interesting, this is not happening on my end... I remember this being an issue in 1.5 and below (I haven't played 1.6 that much) but menu in 2.0 is super smooth for me.

It's weird and it doesn't happen every time. I should have looked and see if there is a quick save.

Madflavor

I'm level 28 playing on Very Hard, have a lot of points into Cool, and I'm using a Silenced Pistol. It's funny how much it trivializes most of the game. A headshot from this thing insta-kills most enemies. I also have the ability to sprint around while crouched. So clearing out side missions and gang areas involved me zipping around just doing headshot after headshot, and occasionally snapping necks for higher tier enemies. I may eventually just switch it up cause the game may eventually get boring lol.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Never used crafting in this game, that's explain my ignorance.

Crafting is completely redone in 2.0. You don't have to spec into it anymore. It's a welcome change.

Also, crafting components are harder to get. You can find them in containers, buy or obtain by disassembling weapons. It creates an interesting dilemma: should I sell all these legendary loot for cash or break it down for crafting components? I need 200 legendary crafting components to upgrade my fav smart submachine gun to Tier 5 +++...

Prototype: Shingen Mark V

FUgc-TqXEAEsnWU

Top Bottom