• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Save Files Over 8MB May Become Permanently Corrupt

LostDonkey

I never rated any of the witcher games and this doesn't change my mind on CDPR as devs.

These bugs and glitches in 2020 are inexcusable.

What a joke.

How do I check the files size on these save files, Where are they even kept?

EDIT: Found them My save file it 4kb after 40 hours. Who are these people with 8MB files?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm definitely out until they fix this, was gonna power through the bugs, but seeing this I would loose my shit if it were to happen to me, luckily I'm only 2h in so it's gonna be easier to wait for some proper fix. Damn CDPR what happened to you?

Connxtion

This is needed for when they port to PS2

4hC1Gjx.jpg

McCheese

Feel for you brother, fuck CDPR for knowing of this bug yet allowing it to pass through.

I crafted a fuckton of grenades, not sure why that increased the save file but when googling the error last night I find a Reddit thread about it.

What pisses me off is their forum response of "just don't loot and craft too much" when I've gone and put a lot of skill points into it with no way to reset it.

DonJorginho

Banned
I crafted a fuckton of grenades, not sure why that increased the save file but when googling the error last night I find a Reddit thread about it.

What pisses me off is their forum response of "just don't loot and craft too much" when I've gone and put a lot of skill points into it with no way to reset it.
They literally have a skill tree for crafting, their advice goes against their own game 😂

Aion002

Freaking Sony man! It's all their fault!!!111!

Jokes apart.... This is ridiculous, this game has all the issues that Skyrim had plus probably more and it doesn't even have half of the ambitions that Skyrim had.

This is an unbelievable achievement. From hero to zero in a single game, CD PR broke all expectations.

It wouldn't be hard to avoid this by maxing out your save slots and cycling through them. I've had this habit for a long time as I always expect a save file to corrupt at some point.

DonJorginho

Banned
It wouldn't be hard to avoid this by maxing out your save slots and cycling through them. I've had this habit for a long time as I always expect a save file to corrupt at some point.
You shouldn't have to prepare for corrupted saves due to lazy and/or rushed development.

You shouldn't have to ignore crafting and looting, two key parts of Cyberpunk, to lessen the risk of losing all your progress.

CDPR have fucked up here, again, they need to fix this as it isn't good enough, any other company do this and the hate would be ten times worse.

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to prepare for corrupted saves due to lazy and/or rushed development.

You shouldn't have to ignore crafting and looting, two key parts of Cyberpunk, to lessen the risk of losing all your progress.

CDPR have fucked up here, again, they need to fix this as it isn't good enough, any other company do this and the hate would be ten times worse.
Well I'm not ignoring crafting or looting and I'm not going to worry about it because I've got about a dozen backups. I loot everything and I'm speccing into crafting.

Fbh

Going for that true PS3 Skyrim style "the more you play the worse it gets" style I see.

Though yeah, the question is how common this is. So far no one in this thread seems close.

LOLCats

Banned

pretty sure it does not work that way.

each save will be the same size as last or a bit larger.

Last edited:

BEATORICHEEEEEE

Neo Member
so what exactly makes the savefile bigger? I see some of my older saves are larger than my latest saves, so i'm guessing there's a way to make them smaller?

assurdum

Banned
It's Skyrim on PS3 again!!! And people say the ps5 SSD huge speed is useless... stuff like this show how data flows is never enough especially in the future perspectives

Last edited:

lucius

The user setting file can become corrupt too if u soft crash in the menu it said it was on my game but it just loads the default file , I just think it’s kind of funny it even tells me it’s corrupt don’t remember any console game doing that before.

BeardGawd

Banned
They mention people exploiting an item duplication glitch? Whats that about?

They should definitely get on upping the file size as this is something that would piss me off.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Isn't that for all your saves combined?
Maybe, but according to reddit that's where I was told to check. I only keep one manual save as well as one quick save, on top of the auto saves. Can't find a way to view the size of an individual save file without deleting all but one, and I don't really feel like risking that lol.

Edit: Fuck it, I'm gonna do it. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Didn’t all the Bethesda PS3 titles have a very similar issue when save files got too big?
Fallout 3 did...but that was 13MB and it just caused lots of crashing, it wasn't like the save was completely corrupted. Why developers think that having hard limits on save file sizes in RPGs is even remotely a good idea is beyond me, it's not like we're starving for storage space in 2020.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Maybe, but according to reddit that's where I was told to check. I only keep one manual save as well as one quick save, on top of the auto saves. Can't find a way to view the size of an individual save file without deleting all but one, and I don't really feel like risking that lol.

Edit: Fuck it, I'm gonna do it. Wish me luck.
Ok so as an update for this, I kept two of the same save file and deleted all the others, and it dropped my total to 7mb so that means my save file is only 3.5mb. I'm safe.

Esppiral

Every time I save I do it in a new slot, so I can recover a save if something wrong happens, so not an ossue

Some people have found this without even crafting or looting much, just doing the content of the game increases the size of the files, the amount of people running into this is growing fast and CDPR will have to take action sooner than later.

Is this true?

The game started to stutter every now and then when I turn the camera after 115 hours. Could that be a prelude to the file corruption?

Thankfully I've beaten the game by now so I'm all good with just ignoring the game for at least two major patches.

But still. I was confused when that started to happen as it never occurred until recently.

Top Bottom