• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Save Files Over 8MB May Become Permanently Corrupt

nowhat

So, on a Pro my latest save is 12.59MB - I should be fucked, right? Yet I'm able to play the game (or rather, don't have this particular issue, $DEITY knows there are a fuckton of others). Dodged a bullet?

...except, every save is that particular size. All of them, even taken at the very beginning of the game. So it seems the game allocates that much for each save (or maybe this is a "feature" of the PS4 OS). This means, there's no way to tell how much actual save data your save file contains. Which means, if this problem persists on PS4 too... hope you don't like crafting too much if you want to play the game.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Hilarious, but not quite up there in terms of awful bugs.

One time an EVE-Online patch deleted your boot.ini file, literally preventing your Windows install from booting :lol

Mozzarella

My last save file is 5.7MB I have few more side quests and one or two main quests to finish the whole game. Guess i will be able to make it, but this bug is the worst bug of them all.

BeardGawd

Banned
Are people literally going to ignore that this appears to only affect people exploiting an item duplication glitch? All that really needs to happen is they should limit the number of items one can hold in their inventory.

Valedix

ImmaculateDownrightCrustacean-size_restricted.gif

This game is a disaster. The most amazing thing about this issue is that it most affects the players that were able to play the game most extensively—the players that weren’t put off by all the other bugs. It’s like thy are going out of their way to systematically offend all their customers. CDPR was seen as the developer that actually cared about players. Now they are the developer that released the smelliest AAA turd of the generation. They aren’t even committing to fixing an issue that shouldn’t be terribly difficult to fix.

Bullshit. I'm playing on Stadia, and 30hrs in, I haven't encountered a SINGLE bug, and the game looks and runs incredible.

I'm not downplaying bugs on other platforms, but this game isn't broken by any means. Also, people who have 100% the game have 4MB save files, so I doubt this will affect even a tiny minority of players. Only affects those who are using glitches. Let's stop the hyperbole.

Last edited:

linkroi

It's "funny" to see how Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be in such a pathetic state right now. I mean, on a lot of matters, the game seems to be just bad even worse than other "classic" open world game, but that's just the game itslef. Every day since the release, news like this pop's out and wtf is happening ? how can this be a thing ? I don't understand, CDP had such an "aura" and now i find myself to live in an another alternative reality where CDP are like EA. I am sad to be frankly honest, to see how "bad" Cyberpunk seems to be for the moment. I mean, surely it's great but... it could have been so much better, it could have been another Witcher 3 for Cdprojekt...

Tahj

Been following this issue on the CDPR forum as well. Linkie I'm >75hrs in, cleaning the map out, & I loot everything. Disassemble some, sell some, craft very little, & I don't do dupes/glitching for $$ or crafting stuff.

My save file is creeping up to the stage 1 that is discussed, I'm at 5.2mb currently, & around the 5.5mb mark loading a save gives a lengthy (1-2min) black screen.

Really hope they fix this, like yesterday, bc while I do want to replay this game, I want to do it on my own time, & play the way I like.

Last edited:
This sort of glitch is particularly baffling, because I can not believe that none of their testers ever tried a playthrough in which they pick up and hoard a lot, or one where they focus on crafting. Luckily this seems to be a non-issue on consoles, because I'm that sort of player: I pick up EVERYTHING, and it took me 40+ hours before I started selling any of the food and drinks I've had, so I had thousands accumulated all in all. I also craft a lot and have auto-disassemble for junk, so this is one thing I would have likely encountered sooner or later.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This sort of glitch is particularly baffling, because I can not believe that none of their testers ever tried a playthrough in which they pick up and hoard a lot, or one where they focus on crafting. Luckily this seems to be a non-issue on consoles, because I'm that sort of player: I pick up EVERYTHING, and it took me 40+ hours before I started selling any of the food and drinks I've had, so I had thousands accumulated all in all. I also craft a lot and have auto-disassemble for junk, so this is one thing I would have likely encountered sooner or later.

I fully believe this bug was reported and down prioritised. It is extremely rare that QA’s would not spot and report bugs like this . General rule of thumb when you see a bug like this is: “bug has been found, marked down as high priority, and a Project Manager or someone higher up told them it was not a P0 or P1, but P2 because it would be fixed shortly after launch and it was an edge case, etc...”.
Bugs like this are found and then down prioritised (not by the devs or the QA’s).

Reactions: Gp1
I fully believe this bug was reported and down prioritised. It is extremely rare that QA’s would not spot and report bugs like this . General rule of thumb when you see a bug like this is: “bug has been found, marked down as high priority, and a Project Manager or someone higher up told them it was not a P0 or P1, but P2 because it would be fixed shortly after launch and it was an edge case, etc...”.
Bugs like this are found and then down prioritised (not by the devs or the QA’s).

Thanks for the explanation. One would assume that an issue that literally corrupts your save irredeemably should have been higher priority, but maybe it wasn't due to the fact that probably <0.1% of the players would play in a style that resulted in such an error. Not a very good look, but we've seen how many things they needed to rush to get the game out before the end of the year.

Checks save data size...

4.2mb. So I'm halfway. That being said, it's kinda worrying as I'm just halfway through the game, so that may need to be patched.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Thanks for the explanation. One would assume that an issue that literally corrupts your save irredeemably should have been higher priority, but maybe it wasn't due to the fact that probably <0.1% of the players would play in a style that resulted in such an error. Not a very good look, but we've seen how many things they needed to rush to get the game out before the end of the year.

Exactly, this bug would have affected a small minority of players and thus I can see it being de prioritised (in order to hit the launch date and fix the other bugs first). Not excusing it, but working on both sides of the fence and working with some amazing quality QA’s (some responsible for some gems we played on PC and consoles) my perspective over time evolved.

Reactions: Gp1

McCheese

Looting and crafting doesn't increase your save file by much. Unless you are abusing the glitch to cheat the game, you should be fin

This has been proved wrong, just bulk making grenades can add a persistent 50kb to your save each time, so this absolutely affects people who have never tried to exploit the game intentionally.

It's weird you jump to blaming the player considering the epic track record of failure a 10 day old game already has.

Sejan

Bullshit. I'm playing on Stadia, and 30hrs in, I haven't encountered a SINGLE bug, and the game looks and runs incredible.

I'm not downplaying bugs on other platforms, but this game isn't broken by any means. Also, people who have 100% the game have 4MB save files, so I doubt this will affect even a tiny minority of players. Only affects those who are using glitches. Let's stop the hyperbole.
It’s great that everything is going swimmingly for you, but if you can’t see the huge list of issues that others are having than I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t know what has you so upset. This game has unquestionably tarnished the reputation of CDPR, as I suggested. This particular issue is also one that is most likely to affect players that have otherwise had less issues than others since it requires extensive gameplay to activate. Sure, it won’t affect everyone, but your response is far more hyperbolic than my statement. Cyberpunk absolutely needed more time in the oven. Yes, it works well in some instances, but a huge portion of their customers are facing issues that make the game nearly unplayable. If you are going to be upset at anyone, direct that frustration at the people that greenlit a game that is guaranteed to give a large part of its player base a terrible experience.

This game doesn’t have a next gen console port at all. 10-20 FPS on Xbox One with huge issues with hanging was the intended product for at least a million of their customers.

DonJorginho

Banned
I haven't encountered a SINGLE bug,

this game isn't broken by any means.

Oh it really is, and nothing says downplaying other platforms like saying "oh yeah they have problems, but as I've not ran into any on mine, they don't exist!" And I doubt you haven't ran into anything, even those who worship this title have ran into bugs running the game on a fucking 3090!

I hope you have a good Christmas with your incoming paycheck from CDPR though, I heard they're very generous to their most vital defenders.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

How does CDPR's arse taste mate? Must be pretty damn good if you're going for seconds.
The only pathetic thing I see here is your daily attempt to troll a game you probably haven't played. It's the same people in every thread.

Please cry more about bugs 🤣

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The only pathetic thing I see here is your daily attempt to troll a game you probably haven't played. It's the same people in every thread.

Says the person using the same copied and pasted template response (with some tweaks) in multiple CP2077 threads :LOL:.

DonJorginho

Banned

Shame to tell you mate I've put over 55 hours into this game, I love it! But I'm not overly biased and can see people's problems with the game!

If you actually did any research into me you'd see my endless posts praising this game as well as fairly criticising, keep trying to find more dirt to throw from your basement though brother 🍻

oagboghi2

Shame to tell you mate I've put over 55 hours into this game, I love it! But I'm not overly biased and can see people's problems with the game!

If you actually did any research into me you'd see my endless posts praising this game as well as fairly criticising, keep trying to find more dirt to throw from your basement though brother 🍻
You've played the game for 55 hours, but here you are purposely spreading fud about a bug, pretending like it's a gurantee that your save file will be corrupted? Okay, that makes sense. 🙄

As I've said, it's the same people in every thread

DonJorginho

Banned
You've played the game for 55 hours, but here you are purposely spreading fud about a bug, pretending like it's a gurantee that your save file will be corrupted? Okay, that makes sense. 🙄

As I've said, it's the same people in every thread
Tell that to the people who lost their save files! It ain't FUD if CDPR themselves acknowledged it, I'm sure YongYea who made a video on it despite being open about his admiration for Cyberpunk is also spreading FUD then aye? Stop being so fucking sad and childish, admit this game has problems.

oagboghi2

Tell that to the people who lost their save files! It ain't FUD if CDPR themselves acknowledged it, I'm sure YongYea who made a video on it despite being open about his admiration for Cyberpunk is also spreading FUD then aye? Stop being so fucking sad and childish, admit this game has problems.
🤣🤣 Yes, let me mourn for these people. They can't just delete their corrupted save and go back to a previous one.

The bug sucks. Wait for a fix. That's what I would tell them. Or demand a refund if you want.

Unlike you, I'm not going to pretend this is guranteed to affect everyone. YongYea made a video, so it is clearly the most important issue in the world 🤣

DonJorginho

Banned
🤣🤣 Yes, let me mourn for these people. They can't just delete their corrupted save and go back to a previous one.

The bug sucks. Wait for a fix. That's what I would tell them. Or demand a refund if you want.

Unlike you, I'm not going to pretend this is guranteed to affect everyone. YongYea made a video, so it is clearly the most important issue in the world 🤣
Key word in my thread title is "MAY", never guaranteed anything or said it would affect everyone, the post itself is from an article, take it up with the guy who wrote it for IGN. Regarding YY, I brought up his video as you're saying anyone mentioning this bug is a hater, whereas he adores the game, so it proves you wrong.

You're very childish aren't you?

Hilarious, but not quite up there in terms of awful bugs.

One time an EVE-Online patch deleted your boot.ini file, literally preventing your Windows install from booting :lol

Oh there are many games that are far worse. What sets CP2077 apart is the huge hype.

Oh it really is, and nothing says downplaying other platforms like saying "oh yeah they have problems, but as I've not ran into any on mine, they don't exist!" And I doubt you haven't ran into anything, even those who worship this title have ran into bugs running the game on a fucking 3090!

I hope you have a good Christmas with your incoming paycheck from CDPR though, I heard they're very generous to their most vital defenders.

Love all your laughable and trollish assumptions in your response to me. Not sure why people like you think that's cool, going around calling people ass lickers, shills, receiving pay checks, etc. Does it make you feel special, and that you owned someone?

FYI, this game wasn't even on my radar, at all. I had zero hype for it. The ONLY reason I was pushed over the edge to get it is bc of the free Stadia Premiere deal, which is like a $120 value in Canada. I'm like why not, will try this game everyone is talking about. I have no loyalty to CDPR and the only game I've played from them is Witcher 3. "Vital defender"? This is the ONLY post I've made about the game itself, and thought I would share my own personal experience. I'm fully aware it has bugs and is almost unplayable on older platforms. What I wanted to relay that there ARE version that are fine, and I'm assuming I'm not playing some custom miracle copy. I'm 30hrs+ in on Stadia, and have not noticed a single bug or visual issue. I don't see why I would lie about this, beyond your shitty conspiracy theories.

You've been harping about the 8MB save thing here, and responding to people who have posted rational things like "most people will never get a save file that large, it only happens when using duplication glitch, etc" with asking them how CDPR's ass tastes like. You clearly take great joy in this, and it's so fucking weird. Maybe reassess your own vile, trollish posting instead of going around accusing everyone of being paid shills because they have a slightly different take or state the obvious. It's so gross.

DonJorginho

Banned
Love all your laughable and trollish assumptions in your response to me. Not sure why people like you think that's cool, going around calling people ass lickers, shills, receiving pay checks, etc. Does it make you feel special, and that you owned someone?

FYI, this game wasn't even on my radar, at all. I had zero hype for it. The ONLY reason I was pushed over the edge to get it is bc of the free Stadia Premiere deal, which is like a $120 value in Canada. I'm like why not, will try this game everyone is talking about. I have no loyalty to CDPR and the only game I've played from them is Witcher 3. "Vital defender"? This is the ONLY post I've made about the game itself, and thought I would share my own personal experience. I'm fully aware it has bugs and is almost unplayable on older platforms. What I wanted to relay that there ARE version that are fine, and I'm assuming I'm not playing some custom miracle copy. I'm 30hrs+ in on Stadia, and have not noticed a single bug or visual issue. I don't see why I would lie about this, beyond your shitty conspiracy theories.

You've been harping about the 8MB save thing here, and responding to people who have posted rational things like "most people will never get a save file that large, it only happens when using duplication glitch, etc" with asking them how CDPR's ass tastes like. You clearly take great joy in this, and it's so fucking weird. Maybe reassess your own vile, trollish posting instead of going around accusing everyone of being paid shills because they have a slightly different take or state the obvious. It's so gross.
Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Top Bottom