• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

How can I get around this at all? She's a bit older than me and we're both older than her friends, so it's kind of a weird social dynamic.
Her friends you mean? Either you accept them or you don't. You should try to level with them at least, it doesn't sound like they have animosity towards you. You clearly want to ask her out, so do it. Don't dilly dally.

How can I get around this at all? She's a bit older than me and we're both older than her friends, so it's kind of a weird social dynamic.
Date her while you low-key gather intel on how to neutralize every single one of her friends in the (likely) event they turn on you.

To be fair shes the one who slid a note under my door saying she wanted to hang out sometime and left her number. She said she was gay and just wanted a friend date. All I did was agree. She made the plans. I wasnt expecting a ghost this time lol.

Maybe I made her question her sexuality? Lol :p

LordKasual

Banned
If you play your cards right, you could end up in a threesome.

aight bruh...

Hey, been a while.

This girl I've known for bit has been on my mind kind of. She's absolutely adorable.

I was sitting at the table organizing some things and I saw her just gazing at me from across it out the side of my eye. She wasn't saying anything which made me feel kind of awkward, but I brushed it off.

I don't like her friends and when we'd talk to them together, we would kind of just lock eyes while she'd talk. I don't say much when I'm around them and she openly acknowledges how I don't speak much and daze out when they start talking about stupid shit. Me not asking her out is mainly due to her friends.

One of the guys is gay and just feels all over her then he starts joking about being her boyfriend while looking at me. Didn't effect me, but I did find the behavior strange. On top of that, they just like to gossip a lot.

I just backspaced an entire story about a situation with a gay friend and a really cute girl that ended very questionably

he isn't a threat, but uh...watch that lol

To be fair shes the one who slid a note under my door saying she wanted to hang out sometime and left her number. She said she was gay and just wanted a friend date. All I did was agree. She made the plans. I wasnt expecting a ghost this time lol.

Maybe I made her question her sexuality? Lol :p

who the fuck does this

she wanted the D bro

you gotta strike when the iron's hot in this situation lol

Sure mega let's ignore the girlfriend of 4 months putting your money into her bank account and the psycho roommate and talk about a rando girl e-mailing you a bunch :|

Mega not ready to answer the hard questions :p

Successful second date last night.

Picked her up from work, drove to a restaurant for pizza. Then went for a long drive through the sunset just chatting. She's so easy to chat to, just ask a couple of questions and she's off! Gave her a little kiss when I dropped her off and said 'See you soon, I hope' to which she said yes.

Text me within a few minutes thanking me for a lovely night.

Happy!
Well done!

who the fuck does this

she wanted the D bro

you gotta strike when the iron's hot in this situation lol
Well she said she was super sorry (lol) and rescheduled but I will have back up plans in the likely event it falls through again. She was texting me all night asking about what I do for fun and work and stuff. Told me her schedule and says she will be down to hang out lots over the winter.

I really have no eggs in this basket. I'll leave it all in her court. Im not going to text her or anything but I will respond if she messages me.

i must be the world's worst kisser or something

had a great second date, made out a lot

then ghosted

shame i really enjoyed her company

oh well
That sucks man.

Im starting to thinknthe same about my sex game. Need to start getting creative or something.

Ralemont

not me
well i mean yeah he can be a threat

but in the same way that one of her girlfriends would be a threat

just get cool with him and you in dere

he'll just do all the work for you :D

I see what you're getting at of course but I don't think it's the same. Some gay guys will see themselves as "the man in her life" even if it's totally non-sexual in nature. Shit's bizarre.

:(

Ghosting sucks

worst part is she waited a few days before getting back to me after the first date too

so i keep thinking there's a chance she's doing that again and will get back to me which makes it even worse

not sure at this point whether i'd reply if she did, I have too much anxiety and self-esteem issues as it is to deal with something like this

Ozorov

worst part is she waited a few days before getting back to me after the first date too

so i keep thinking there's a chance she's doing that again and will get back to me which makes it even worse

not sure at this point whether i'd reply if she did, I have too much anxiety and self-esteem issues as it is to deal with something like this

You and me bro.

But I think you know you will response if she replies. Even if you probably shouldn't.

drek_max

Neo Member
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask,still gonna do anyway.
I have a lovely, caring, amazing girlfriend for almost five years. We have passed a great times together. Recently we have been living in distant due to study purposes.
I have a female friend, whom I used to flirt occasionally. Recently we made out and did some stuff out of pure lust. There wasn't sex of any kind. I have zero(probably negative) emotional attraction towards that female friend.
I know I have fucked up, I want nothing more in the world than my girlfriend. What should I do?

I have a lovely, caring, amazing girlfriend for almost five years. We have passed a great times together. Recently we have been living in distant due to study purposes.
I have a female friend, whom I used to flirt occasionally. Recently we made out and did some stuff out of pure lust. There wasn't sex of any kind. I have zero(probably negative) emotional attraction towards that female friend.
I know I have fucked up, I want nothing more in the world than my girlfriend. What should I do?
Spill it to your gf just like what you said here, the distance is taking a toll, you messed up, and see where the chips lie. If she wants to break up over this, she's within the right to. If she forgives you, then find ways to improve on the relationship. Skype, call more, etc.

Damerman

tell ur gf what u wrote in this post. You made a mistake and now its up to ur Gf to decide the ramifications ur actions.

Ozorov

Listen to the twins aka Messofanego and Damerman

jimmypython

Hi Gaf, what's the consensus of dating some one who has kids?

yes you messed up.

you need to find a way to sort things out. not in a place to tell you what to do beyond "don't cheat", as everyone has their own situation...haha

Say nothing. But consider if you really want to keep a long distance relationship or not.

manfestival

Is a woman a lost cause the moment she pulls away from a relationship? Nothing bad happened between us, she just became distant over time and is speaking in short phrases(blowing me off) lately and our last conversation was speaking as if we were friends and no longer romantic.

I always see from people that you should move on and not have all of your eggs in one basket. Maybe I am seeing for someone to tell me that it is just to start moving on.

Ralemont

not me
Is a woman a lost cause the moment she pulls away from a relationship? Nothing bad happened between us, she just became distant over time and is speaking in short phrases(blowing me off) lately and our last conversation was speaking as if we were friends and no longer romantic.

I always see from people that you should move on and not have all of your eggs in one basket. Maybe I am seeing for someone to tell me that it is just to start moving on.

Don't give her the out of ending it yourself. Ask her what's up and if she says nothing point out what you just said and explain how it makes you feel crappy.

But yes you should start emotionally uninvesting.

Ozorov

Say nothing. But consider if you really want to keep a long distance relationship or not.

image.php

Ice cold.

drek_max

Neo Member
Yes I definitely do. We are planning to get married next year.
Secondly, I don't have the guts to tell her, at least not in this situation.
Also, I have been sorta sexting with that female friend.
Guess, I am a bigger mess than I realized before writing these shits.

Ozorov

dude... wow

jimmypython

lol I feel bad for your gf.

Bruh.

If you're not going to tell her (which, uh, you fucking should), then you need to drop everything you're doing with this friend and possibly cut her out of your life with the quickness.

Smarten the fuck up bruh. People have moments of weakness. How would you feel f she was doing this? Cut the shit man.

If youre not going to tell her then you better damn well make it up to her anyway.

I take it back, this clearly wasn't an unintentional thing.

Does not sound like you were actually IN a relationship.

Ozorov

I think it launched in EU today and this is what you get:

• Every person who liked you and you have "nope-d" you get a second chance to like, if they liked you. (I had 200+ and I liked two....). So below 1% "re-matching".
  • Every time someone likes you (and you haven't seen yet) you'll get a notice and you can see her/his profile etc, and like or nope-dopey.

And it's quite expensive.

Smarten the fuck up bruh. People have moments of weakness. How would you feel f she was doing this? Cut the shit man.

If youre not going to tell her then you better damn well make it up to her anyway.

Doesn't sound like you have "no (probably negative) sexual attraction" to that friend to me.

Ralemont

not me

• Every person who liked you and you have "nope-d" you get a second chance to like, if they liked you. (I had 200+ and I liked two....). So below 1% "re-matching".
  • Every time someone likes you (and you haven't seen yet) you'll get a notice and you can see her/his profile etc, and like or nope-dopey.

I was going to say $5 a month is pretty reasonable, then I saw it's an upgrade on Tinder Plus, which is $10 for people under 30 and $20 for people over 30?! Jesus Christ...

Ozorov

I was going to say $5 a month is pretty reasonable, then I saw it's an upgrade on Tinder Plus, which is $10 for people under 30 and $20 for people over 30?! Jesus Christ...

In Sweden it's 165 SEK per month which is 20 dollars. And 6 months is 550 SEK

drek_max

Neo Member
I know there's no justification for my actions nor I am seeking one. One thing I can assure, it wasn't me, who started the flirting, and wasn't looking for one. I was just curious then, and it happened so first. That female friend also knows about my relationship. She even pokes me about it sometimes. And I have been her friend for almost three years. My girlfriend also knew about our friendship.

What I'm looking for is, if there's any way to clean up this mess. Right now, my plan is to totally break contact with my female friend and pray to God that my girlfriend never finds out. Total dumbass,maybe.

So is that a yes or no?

Ralemont

not me
In Sweden it's 165 SEK per month which is 20 dollars. And 6 months is 550 SEK

That's probably for the entire Tinder Plus/Gold package, then? What I was saying is they are selling Gold as $5/month...but it's on top of whatever someone with Plus is already playing.

So yeah, upgrading from base Tinder to Gold is expensive as fuck.

Ralemont

not me
What I'm looking for is, if there's any way to clean up this mess. Right now, my plan is to totally break contact with my female friend and pray to God that my girlfriend never finds out. Total dumbass,maybe.

There's no way to clean up this mess. If you tell your GF the relationship is likely over, or damaged in a way that it'll never be the same. If you don't tell your GF you'll have to deal with the guilt (or not, if you don't feel guilty) and risk her finding out anyway down the road when it's an even bigger deal (marriage, maybe even kids, etc).

Ozorov

So is that a yes or no?

If you're into Tinder I would say yes

That's probably for the entire Tinder Plus/Gold package, then? What I was saying is they are selling Gold as $5/month...but it's on top of whatever someone with Plus is already playing.

So yeah, upgrading from base Tinder to Gold is expensive as fuck.

Just said the Tinder Gold-thing, it didn't mentioned anything about Plus. Can I check it somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom