• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman look great. Nice to see a return to form. Not digging this whole not a reboot but is a reboot shit. Either shit or get off the pot. Either fully reboot the universe or not. They just can't make up their fucking mind and stick with something. Bet before long they'll go oh yea we're going back to post New 52 status quo and then a few years later revert to this and just keep repeating the cycle.

I'll Give Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Arrow a try for sure. Maybe give Trinity, Justice League, and Green Lanterns a try even though I'm not digging the 2 new Lanterns thing.

tim1138

Barry.

My baseless theory is Wally will be in JLA, otherwise I see little reason to not to reveal the solicit for it. The banner for rebirth had a spiky hair Flash in it as well.

Wally is in Teen Titans.
I'm guessing they're still sorting out what JLA is going to be exactly.

Batman and Superman both seem to have good stuff going on, but there's really nothing exciting about the rest of the universe - save for Rucka on Wonder Woman which I'm sure will be great.

Personally, I plan on picking up Batman (love King), Action Comics (Lex as Superior Superman), and New Superman. Particularly interested in New Superman - China as a setting is WAY underrepresented in superhero comics, and I love alternate takes on Superman, so... yeah. And I mean, if you don't think this is badass I don't know what to tell you:

I'm hoping the Great Ten factor into the book somehow.

Nice OT. Hoping this will be my gateway to more DC than Batman and JL.

Might I make an unbiased Blue Beetle recommendation?

Grayson Helena as Huntress seems exciting, while Red Hood still stuck in Lobdell hell seems terrible. Don't see Harper Row anywhere. Also if Damian is in the Titans does that free up Duke Thomas to hang with Batman?

That'd be cool. He's not on the Detective team, though.

Supergirl Supergirl Supergirl

Thought you might be excited fro that :D
supergirl-600x896.jpg

Did he die or something? I remember batman beyond still being an ongoing

Let's just all agree to pretend that Future's End never happened and leave it at that.

Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman look great. Nice to see a return to form. Not digging this whole not a reboot but is a reboot shit. Either shit or get off the pot. Either fully reboot the universe or not. They just can't make up their fucking mind and stick with something. Bet before long they'll go oh yea we're going back to post New 52 status quo and then a few years later revert to this and just keep repeating the cycle.

I'll Give Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Arrow a try for sure. Maybe give Trinity, Justice League, and Green Lanterns a try even though I'm not digging the 2 new Lanterns thing.

How do you feel about things that aren't reboots at all.

TheFlow

Banned
Ah future end! That is the name of the event. A lot weird shit happen with that including green arrow.

I am sad green arrow and redhood have the same team.

Green arrow took a dive when they started taking notes from the TV show.

Nice OP Poodle, I guess you're not all bad even if you are a Red Hood fan... :D

Due to the gradual roll out and every book getting a Rebirth one shot, I will probably sample 90% of the line to start with, but the books I'm most excited for are:

Detective Comics
Birds of Prey
Flash (finally Venditti free!)
Green Lanterns (see above)
Green Arrow
Supergirl
Wonder Woman
Teen Titans
Blue Beetle
Hellblazer
Nightwing

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict the N52 Superman dies in the Rebirth oneshot and pre Flashpoint Supes takes over.

Tom King Batman doesn't do it for you Tim? Good lord, what did Bruce Wayne do to you?

jph139

I'm hoping the Great Ten factor into the book somehow.

They haven't shown up at all in the New 52, have they? I know August General in Iron popped up in one of the Justice League books, but I don't think the rest of the team (or the team as a concept) have made an appearance.

Superman as a "renegade" and the Great Ten alternately trying to recruit him and shut him down would make for a cool dynamic - really illustrate the difference in dynamic with the Chinese government.

tkscz

This, sounds really good. I'll be picking up BB if Terry is back. Also glad nothing is changing with Earth 2 as I'm still enjoying that series. Also, when did Jessica get a guardian ring instead of having Power Ring?

They haven't shown up at all in the New 52, have they? I know August General in Iron popped up in one of the Justice League books, but I don't think the rest of the team (or the team as a concept) have made an appearance.

Superman as a "renegade" and the Great Ten alternately trying to recruit him and shut him down would make for a cool dynamic - really illustrate the difference in dynamic with the Chinese government.

Hmm... I think I remember them cropping up somewhere. Even if they haven't yet, this is the perfect place and time to introduce them, for pretty much the exact reason you said.

Honestly? A lot of that sounds really damn good. I'm gonna be getting a lot of these.

I'm really glad people are feeling positive about this. Batfamily talent concentration is especially impressive, but they're really upping the bar across the board here. If only they'd ditch Venditti, I'd feel confident about basically all of the JL members.

This, sounds really good. I'll be picking up BB if Terry is back. Also glad nothing is changing with Earth 2 as I'm still enjoying that series. Also, when did Jessica get a guardian ring instead of having Power Ring?

Hasn't happened yet, she's still Power Ring in the comics.

Savitar

It appears that they actually realized why they messed up and learned from it, didn't think it was possible.

Pity there is no title with Kyle Rayner :/

TheFlow

Banned
June 2014. He's responsible for Future Barry that's blue coming back in time to try and kill his younger self, Wally being a really awful stereotype, and the horrible Professor Zoom arc that just happened.

This post on Reddit goes all in on why it's bad but it's a bit out of date. https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/3ffihq/why_the_new_flash_run_is_bad/cto57jk
Damn that sounds terrible. Like wtf.

The flash had such a great start too with captain cold and gorilla grodd

VanWinkle

Very excited for:

Batman
Detective Comics (first time I've been genuinely excited for this series)
All Star Batman
WW
Flash (hopeful at least, but unknown writer)
Cyborg
Batgirl
Nightwing
Trinity
Superman (Tomasi and Gleason. YES)

And probably more I'm forgetting. Great lineup happening. Hopefully more frequent trade releases too now with the twice-monthly titles.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Alot of great looking stuff, for sure. Not sure how I feel about the bi-weekly stuff, but that's more a management of resources than anything.

Glad Detective Comics is going to be a purely bat-family book, and that they've slimmed down the batbooks a fair bit.

Wonder Woman looks FUCKING RAAAAAD

Super Sons sounds like a fun concept.

Batgirl travelling the world sounds great.

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey by writers of The 100?! AWWWW SHIT

Hopes for Trinity

Hopes for Titans

Green Arrow should be good with BC coming in. I messaged Andy Poon about his design from the TV show being used in the comic and he freaked out lol

The Hellblazer looks awesome

Glad Amanda Connor is sticking on Harley, she does fun stuff with that character.

Sad some titles are obviously disappearing (RIP Dr. Fate, Omega Men, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, and so on...).

But yeah, overall, looks like a great new wave of stuff.

Savitar

We couldn't figure it out in the chat, but does anyone know who the two randos in costume behind Bats are?

First thought, Geoforce and his sister? Not that the costumes match by any definition and it's not a Outsiders comic, plus we haven't seen that Tara yet.

Second thought, there was a pair of characters in the 90's who loved guns, like super loved guns, they clashed with Batman during the Azreal run, maybe them? B for bullets? Yeah not likely I know.

Third thought, rookie Bat trainee's of some type inspired by Batman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom