• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space is amazing so far!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I love this game as well. I think when i find a series x I might revisit myself. Glad your enjoying it ProgenitorCastle ProgenitorCastle . I don't want to spoil anything but there is only one part of the game on the higher difficulty that didn't like.
I cannot wait to restart Dead Space on my Series X, based on the improvements to loading times and texture filtering alone (not sure if this gets full upres treatment too... icing on the cake :)).

XSX BC brings a new way to play to many classics of the OG Xbox/PS2 and Xbox 360/PS3 generations. Deadly Premonition is like another game thanks to the SSD and better CPU impact on loading times throughout the game for example (same for Morrowind and Oblivion).

K' Dash

I cannot wait to restart Dead Space on my Series X, based on the improvements to loading times and texture filtering alone (not sure if this gets full upres treatment too... icing on the cake :)).

XSX BC brings a new way to play to many classics of the OG Xbox/PS2 and Xbox 360/PS3 generations. Deadly Premonition is like another game thanks to the SSD and better CPU impact on loading times throughout the game for example (same for Morrowind and Oblivion).

I'm playing DS2 right now and haven't noticed any improvements apart from marginally better loading times

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm playing DS2 right now and haven't noticed any improvements apart from marginally better loading times

Marginally? I have not tried DS2, but for the other titles I played “marginally” is a major understatement mate :). Also, put DS2 or others on the same TV but playing on the Xbox 360 (I think resolution and especially AF filtering are very noticeable).

Skifi28

Gold Member
This thread made me install it again. Unfortunately, no cigar. The PC version appears broken on M/K? I can't even turn properly. I also noticed that vsync caps it at 30. I guess I'm gonna have to tinker later.

Last edited:

K' Dash

Marginally? I have not tried DS2, but for the other titles I played “marginally” is a major understatement mate :). Also, put DS2 or others on the same TV but playing on the Xbox 360 (I think resolution and especially AF filtering are very noticeable).

???

Game looks 720p upscaled, AFAIK there are no enhancements for DS2.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Hey GAF, since I gave Dead Space another chance today, thought I'd gush about it here! This game is nothing short of incredible so far. It's got it all: Fantastic gameplay with the dismembering and great graphics/lighting! Considering it's from 2008, I'd say it's aged really well. Right now the only nitpick I got is that there's no 180 degree turn. Would've been useful in fleeing from Necromorphs if you needed to. Other than that, the controls are great and intuitive, and everything just works! Can't wait to progress more in this game
Use a freaking mouse.
This thread made me install it again. Unfortunately, no cigar. The PC version appears broken on M/K? I can't even turn properly. I also noticed that vsync caps it at 30. I guess I'm gonna have to tinker later.
Analog aiming just ported to mouse. It is bad.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Gold Member
Analog aiming just ported to mouse. It is bad.
It's not even that. I mean literally broken, I couldn't exit the original shuttle, character wouldn't turn around. From what I'm reading it's some sort of bug related to the unlocked fps, gonna have to cap it from the nvidia control panel I guess.

sainraja

Definitely a good series. I was not able to finish the first one because I got stuck (I think didn't have enough ammo for the encounter and did not want to start over.) I have re-bought the games for XSX so will play through them eventually.

Sygma

Hey GAF, since I gave Dead Space another chance today, thought I'd gush about it here! This game is nothing short of incredible so far. It's got it all: Fantastic gameplay with the dismembering and great graphics/lighting! Considering it's from 2008, I'd say it's aged really well. Right now the only nitpick I got is that there's no 180 degree turn. Would've been useful in fleeing from Necromorphs if you needed to. Other than that, the controls are great and intuitive, and everything just works! Can't wait to progress more in this game

Its the better RE 4, always has been

hollams

Gold Member
Just finished a second playthrough of DS2 and the beginning was awesome but around the halfway point the game changed and they started sending waves and waves of enemies at you that really made playing a chore.
The last 30% felt like a slog and just something I wanted to get over with instead of enjoying.

DS1 is propably my favorite horror game of all time.
Loved DS2, but never played the third because of I was so let down of it's focus on action and co-op.

Would be cool to get remakes of the first two and hear them on the Tempest audio.
After that a proper sequel!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
DS1 is propably my favorite horror game of all time.
Loved DS2, but never played the third because of I was so let down of it's focus on action and co-op.

Would be cool to get remakes of the first two and hear them on the Tempest audio.
After that a proper sequel!
We’ll never get a sequel, and if we did, you wouldn’t like it. The entire team behind the franchise is disbanded and gone. It would be like dressing a random woman up in your mothers clothes and saying “This is your mom now”. Franchise is %100 dead.

Also regarding the remakes, if you’ve got even a basic PC you can likely play them in higher resolution/framerate than the console versions. And if you’ve got a decent graphics card, you can easily play the game at 4k/60FPS with bells/whistles turned up to 11.

Last edited:
Dead Space is one of the best games ever made,part two is a masterpiece.The Series had the potential to be like the resident evil series.Dead space would shine through a remake on PS5 and series x with a bit of ray tracing added.With new sound would be amazing would love to play through it again.To bad EA only cares about FIFA and Battelfield numbers.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The fact there are rumours about a Last Of Us remake and not a Dead Space one is a real indicator of how fucked up the games industry is.

I really should continue this game, I dropped it out of nowhere. Was having such a blast when I last played it. This is a prime candidate to continue once I'm in a gaming mood again

Top Bottom