• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes January 13th

getting close

VSKpsPm.png

Elandyll

Banned
Probably mid February.

Out of curiosity, what kind of bundle at $399 would help them you think?

I don't really see anything that would be cost effective (after the $$ bleed of Nov-Dec) aside from FH2 or MCC.

FH2 looks to be an excellent game, but racers don't have that much pull outside of Europe these days.

So ... MCC bundle? Not sure that anyone that loves Halo that much would not already have a XB1 though, but it would be a pretty good value for sure.

On Demand

Banned
ugh

people need to learn to just stay out of those threads if they have a controversial opinion

it's a really touchy subject and everything you say is scrutinised with a fine-tooth comb

Truth spoken.

I would probably be banned 10 times over if i spoke what I thought about that whole thing. I stay far away from that thread and the journalism one.

Out of curiosity, what kind of bundle at $399 would help them you think?

I don't really see anything that would be cost effective (after the $$ bleed of Nov-Dec) aside from FH2 or MCC.

FH2 looks to be an excellent game, but racers don't have that much pull outside of Europe these days.

So ... MCC bundle? Not sure that anyone that loves Halo that much would not already have a XB1 though, but it would be a pretty good value for sure.

It sort of boggles the mind that they didn't launch MCC with a system bundle option. It's MS's flagship franchise.

Then again perhaps they knew way ahead of time how rough around the edges it was going to be when they forced it out the door 6 months too soon. It probably would have felt like a swift kick to the nuts for all those brand new Xbone owners to fire up that mess as their very first game on next gen....

Right. This isn't surprising at all. The TLoU bundle will only help Sony too.

It's baffling they raised the price back up at all. Once you've effectively conditioned customers to expect a lower price point over that long of a period of time you can't bump it back up. It just doesn't work. Basic psychology of sales/marketing 101. Sales slowdowns in this circumstance are a bit like seeing massive stormclouds and predicting rain.

ugh

people need to learn to just stay out of those threads if they have a controversial opinion

it's a really touchy subject and everything you say is scrutinised with a fine-tooth comb

Some very good advice for staying safe on NeoGAF. I've been using this forum for something like over a decade now; lurking for most of that time but still I learned a lot. If you see a thread where you have an opinion that's likely to enrage people and generate fire; it's always best to just evade the thread and not participate.

Getting back on-topic: Microsoft will almost certainly win the month but it'll be PS4 domination for the foreseeable future until Microsoft becomes competitive again. IMO they really should have made that price cut permanent. The price increase is just going to kill their momentum until E3. Hopefully they'll see their numbers plummet and actually do something to react.

Definitely going to be an interesting year. MS seem determined to take the NA market.

Top Bottom