• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Decima

OrionNebula

I have a dream. Mass Effect made with Decima engine. It's really dreamy.

How do you think it would be?

Guess that would depend on who’s making it. In the hands of devs like Guerilla, it would probably be superb.
Handled by the Andromeda team... ehhh... not too sure

VertigoOA

Banned
My main complaint from horizon was movement in the overworld. It felt archaic with the yellow ledges and paths and prince of Persia “on-rails” platforming.

There’s no way they're not directly building on death stranding for their next game after Kojima showed them how to make a something good .

Last edited:

Kagero

Decima engine conveys scale like no other. However, that could just be the skill of the developers.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Very good engine, and obviously the speed with which Kojima's team turned around Death Stranding makes a very strong case for it being efficient and robust as well as powerful.

Bear in mind that its 2 and half years since Horizon was released and no doubt they've been working on improvements for their own specific needs as well as servicing Kojipro's needs. So Horizon 2 no doubt is going to be visually really impressive especially as it'll be targeting PS5.

Pretty excited to see what Guerilla (and Kojipro) can pull off on next gen hardware with Decima. If all the SSD rumors are true, I can see them doing some pretty wild shit with data streaming/culling. I'm assuming GG is working on a new Horizon game of some sort? I doubt they go back to Killzone just yet.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Konami should be angry because fox engine is dead.

Will be awesome that Décima engine should be the NEW Unreal engine for the 3rd parties

Soltype

No thanks, all the games on the engine have too soft of an image and I don't know why.It's hard to explain, it always looks like it's slightly smeared.

Last edited:
Top Bottom