• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dedicated Gamers sit outside of GameStop 15+ hours before PS-5 Preorders open again

Kokoloko85

Damn, I had a feeling preoders would be up the next day after the event Just like the PS4. So glad I went at 8am so I avoided all this.

The reason I prefered a surprise preorder drop instead of everyone knowing about it and queing up..

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
5UicYWF.jpg

You can do this online lol

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Aren't there laws to prevent this type of thing? Or like what would even happen ?

I'd assume they would honor them at another store (if the regions allocation numbers don't change).

Last edited:

VALCON 82

I remember back in the day of waiting on games/consoles to pre order or launch day pickup. I worked at a restaurant next door to a GameStop. I gave myself the early shift Each time and went in to work and waited for the GS manager ,who I talked to regularly, came in. I went out my loading door and knocked on his loading door. I would give him my money for a pre order before the store even opened to everyone waiting outside or in the case of launch day stuff he would go ahead and give me my copy.. damn waiting in a line outside in the freezing cold or rain.

but honestly.. good luck to everyone on this venture. STAY SAFE!!

Joey.

I guess I'm lucky I got mine the night of the showcase announcement.
I wouldn't want to fucking camp out for a PS5.....but I would if I had too

I would not under any circumstances order anything from GameStop right now.

Theyre dangerously close to closing and those preorders go away if they close. The orders are tied to the store and you will not get your money back.

Read the GameStop reddit for some fun. Most stores got single digit amounts of consoles allocated to them.

A game centric store with single digit consoles is not a healthy game centric store.

saintjules

This would be the way to do it If you had to be one of the first ones. Especially if the store is small. There's two I can drive to. One said they don't know how many they're getting (probably lying). The other store I was told less than 10 PS5s and that there were a lot of calls.

Piku_Ringo

Banned

Theyre dangerously close to closing and those preorders go away if they close. The orders are tied to the store and you will not get your money back.

Read the GameStop reddit for some fun. Most stores got single digit amounts of consoles allocated to them.

A game centric store with single digit consoles is not a healthy game centric store.
I dunno I hear they might get turned into a future rival to Amazon. So they should be safe from closing for now. 🥴

The Longest I waited in line was 4 or 5 hours for PS2. When I got to Toys R Us there was a line. By the time PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 came out I knew people who worked at Gamestop. I was able to secure those pretty easily. Now Almost everything is done online. Gotta admire the old school dedication though.

saintjules

To be honest, people have been saying they've been closing for years and they're still around.

Gamestop isn't going to take pre-orders like this and then disappear from the Earth. Yeah, stores are closing, but not the ones taking pre-orders. At least the ones in my area. They've been around for a long time. Doubt.

To be honest, people have been saying they've been closing for years and they're still around.

Gamestop isn't going to take pre-orders like this and then disappear from the Earth. Yeah, stores are closing, but not the ones taking pre-orders. At least the ones in my area. They've been around for a long time. Doubt.
Theyre ALL taking preorders for the paltry amount of consoles theyve been able to get. The ones that are in danger of closing too because they want the money.

Top Bottom