• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dedicated Gamers sit outside of GameStop 15+ hours before PS-5 Preorders open again

Grinchy

Banned
There's something comfy about the idea that people can and will camp outside of a physical store to get a thing they're excited about with all the other dumb shit going on. I never went and camped out for a console before, but I did my share of running around like a headless chicken to get my PS2. I even got a 2nd one for a friend of mine, paid for it with my own money, and waited 2 weeks for him to get his mom to agree to pay me back :messenger_tears_of_joy:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have a GameStop across the street from my home, but I have to teach and I can’t go until after work. I’ll go buy and see if I can preorder one. But if I’m being honest, I don’t really want to order it from there since it’s not the nicest of areas and I’d be worried about getting mugged.

lucius

Well good luck to them waiting for only about 8 systems per store. I am done chasing down systems after SNES classic .

I sat in a chair for 24 hours in a Walmart as the first person in line to get a PS2 on release night. Never ever again. Granted I was like 15 and my parents dropped me off and said see you tomorrow. Ain’t no one got time for that anymore lol. Especially sitting there with a mask on the whole time.

NinjaBoiX

I don’t get it, just wait a couple of weeks until you can order it like a normal person.

“NO! I must have it immediately! Before anyone else!”

Fair play if that’s your bag I guess.

Rolla

Banned
I'm reading some very strange replies here or perhaps things work differently in the US.

It's never children lining up for consoles "over night." It is an always has been (here at least) adults or individuals of adult age. Children camping out over night without adult supervision when it comes to gaming, is a foreign concept to me. I don't think I even heard of such a thing until just now lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Keep telling yourself that. This is coming from a huge collector of video games.

Sorry, but the PS5 is no different from a new TV, Computer, iPad, iPhone, or Peloton bike. They are all great technologies used for their perspective reasons. None of them are toys. The PS5 like the XSX and XSS are devices. It's no more a toy than a smartwatch.

CAB_Life

I think they mean “dedicated losers”. Risking your health (or the health of others) during a pandemic when online ordering and delivery is a booming market just makes you look like an imbecile. Why not just hammer the gates of Amazon from the safety and comfort of your home? This makes no sense unless you’re looking for Twitter cred.

Md Ray

OP, the way you write "PS5" as "PS-5" triggers me every damn time. :messenger_hushed:
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Entroyp

I'm reading some very strange replies here or perhaps things work differently in the US.

It's never children lining up for consoles "over night." It is an always has been (here at least) adults or individuals of adult age. Children camping out over night without adult supervision when it comes to gaming, is a foreign concept to me. I don't think I even heard of such a thing until just now lol

Yup, when I used to line up overnight in my teens and twenties it was always mostly older adults around us. It’s weird people think only teenagers do it.

If I hadn’t score mine online already I would probably be lining up outside Gamestop right now. My wife would be there with me I’m sure lol

Sorry, but the PS5 is no different from a new TV, Computer, iPad, iPhone, or Peloton bike. They are all great technologies used for their perspective reasons. None of them are toys. The PS5 like the XSX and XSS are devices. It's no more a toy than a smartwatch.

This is a completely nonsensical argument. The difference is how you primarily use the electronic.

The very nature of the product and what you primarily use it for is in the name. Video GAMES

TBiddy

I would never stand in line like that, but each to his own. Gotta admire the passion at least, and from what I'm told, it's not too bad, unless it's freezing outside.

hemo memo

Gold Member
how people can be that stupid?

Well, before the first pre-orders I would but after Sony fucked up the pre-orders big time and opened in a moment’s notice exactly opposite of what their marketing head said. The only stupid here is Sony and how they’ve handled this so far.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I have a GameStop across the street from my home, but I have to teach and I can’t go until after work. I’ll go buy and see if I can preorder one. But if I’m being honest, I don’t really want to order it from there since it’s not the nicest of areas and I’d be worried about getting mugged.
410249.jpg

Some of these guys might be unemployed too so if you've got nothing else to do then why not?
I'm employed and I'm here at gamestop. Blessed to be working from home at the moment as well. With gamestop around the corner from home, this is perfect for me. They open at 12pm and I clock in at 1pm. I might even use flex time to take the day off if I'm exhausted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom