• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dedicated Gamers sit outside of GameStop 15+ hours before PS-5 Preorders open again

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Just tried calling my GS that opened up at 11. I should have known that they were likely getting swamped with calls asking the same question I am likely asking. If I were them I would likely just unhook the phone and not bother answering until the customers were out the door.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Attention whoring level over 9000.

And cringe selfies on top of it too.
Sry but I just find it really weird and obnoxious when adult men in particular do it lol, especially when they make '' funny '' faces.
It's something I expect from teenage girls not adult men.
Like '' WooOOooo look at me I am so cCcCRaaaazYYY and wacky! ''.

You're not twelve anymore, get over it 😢.

Last edited:

TalentedMrJ

But not at launch one.

If I were a teenager I'll feel this way
I'm too old to stand in the cold rain for a sparse lineup of games and promise of future titles

Now If this was a Dreamcast level launch(Sonic, Powerstone, Ready to Rumble Boxing, Blue Stinger), it'd be a different story

Alebrije

Attention whoring level over 9000.

And cringe selfies on top of it too.
Sry but I just find it really weird and obnoxious when adult men in particular do it lol, especially when they make '' funny '' faces.
It's something I expect from teenage girls not adult men.
Like '' WooOOooo look at me I am so cCcCRaaaazYYY and wacky! ''.

You're not twelve anymore, get over it 😢.
images

Get your point but those dudes are waiting for hours some at night , they deserve some fun while waiting.

Jeeves

I think it's fine to camp out for a launch, but camping for a PREORDER? I dunno...

Like, you're miserable all night and by the end of it you don't even get to bring the console home? Fuck that.

Reactions: MrS

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think it's fine to camp out for a launch, but camping for a PREORDER? I dunno...

Like, you're miserable all night and by the end of it you don't even get to bring the console home? Fuck that.

Do what you gotta do, to get what you want.

Twinblade

That's high on their priority list huh. It's their time I guess. I couldn't get a ps5 or the series X I'll grab it later on not gonna waste
time in line for hrs. Learnt that years ago for black Friday. Not worth it. They'll get one eventually
itAy5Hs.gif
I was lucky to snag the series x because I knew what time preorders was going to start. Even though Amazon took almost an hour later. I managed while at work.

You mean so I can rest well knowing that I'll be able to stroll in come launch day and pick my console up? Hell yes! 15 minutes to go!

Bluecondor

This was annoying.

I pre-ordered the physical copy of the Mafia remaster, which is released today.

Not knowing about this, I drove to Gamestop on my way to work thinking that I could just stop buy and pick up my game.

I wondered why there was a line of 20+ people out the door. Thanks NeoGAF. You always fill in the blanks for me.

Oh well - I guess I will go back around 5-6 o'clock for my game. I'm guessing that these people will give up and go home soon.....

JCK75

I'm friggen so happy you can preorder online now but in this case at least preordering at the store has you waiting outside for hours in September instead of November.. the last time I camped out for a console I believe was the Wii (I didn't want it that badly but I told my cousin he's be able to just walk into walmart and get one on launch and not have to wait in line.. when my prediction was met with lines wrapped around the building I had to do the right think and stand outside of a bestbuy all night with him so we could get one). I was not used to this as with gamecube, Nintendo DS, etc I was able to just stroll into the store launch day and walk out with one.

TheContact

imagine waiting hours just for a PRE order. I could understand waiting 15 hours and coming home with the console, but I would never wait 15 hours just to pre order something.

imagine waiting hours just for a PRE order. I could understand waiting 15 hours and coming home with the console, but I would never wait 15 hours just to pre order something.

Despite my criticism of it, it’s better than waiting outside, potentially in snow, on launch day.

Last edited:

It is all about time management for me...

In my case for the X I waited 3 hours. I did homework and read/graded papers in those three hours and so in my case I did not waste three hours on non productive time. Versus the stress of trying to lock in an order at various sites that hundreds if not thousands of other people are attempting to do.

3 hours productive time in a chair versus 1+ unknown hours attempting and stressing.

I took the chance at 3 hours because I knew the allotment amount on the door already and there was only one other person in line. If it was longer than 5 hours I would have to rethink how dedicated I am.

Vawn

Banned
Proof to me that most gamers are filthy casuals. Not one of these guys cares about Demon's Souls. They all want CoD and Valhalla.

That's how they should weed people out, so the deserving people get it. Survey people in line which games they want. If they say Call of Duty or something and not Demon's Souls, send them home to save a console for someone who will treat it right.

Not kidding.
Umbassa

Last edited:
Top Bottom