• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dedicated Gamers sit outside of GameStop 15+ hours before PS-5 Preorders open again

Sentenza

Man, imagine having so little going on in your life you feel like wasting an entire day queuing to get a PS5 (or any other piece of hardware, for all that matters) before others is a good investment of your time.
I don't know how these people face looking at themselves in the mirror every morning.

Last edited:
I remember standing 2 hours in line to get my preorderd x360 elite (with PDZ and Q4) in the cold midnight wind of december 5th in 05. two friends joned me and we talked with the other fanboys in line. its a gaming memory i never forget, hyping ourselfs up and exchanging xbl gamer tags with the others in line in order to add each other later.

GymWolf

I don't understand why nobody preordered the consolles before the official preorder and now are all in the shit...

I payed money to gs like 40 days ago and now i don't have to worry about not having a console, i can't be that smart...

NikuNashi

Bunch of judgemental morally superior nob cheese lickers in this thread. Let people have fun. I remember lining up for a wii (was like gold dust back in the day). It was a memory that's stayed with me. I fcking hate people who sit in their ivory towers bitching and moaning about other people doing what they want.

Would I line up for a PS5, no, I have a son, and commitments. Would I criticise others for doing it, hell no. Live and let live. Enjoy the hype guys, hope you all get what you want and come Christmas morning are smiling ear to ear.

Bunch of judgemental morally superior nob cheese lickers in this thread. Let people have fun. I remember lining up for a wii (was like gold dust back in the day). It was a memory that's stayed with me. I fcking hate people who sit in their ivory towers bitching and moaning about other people doing what they want.

Would I line up for a PS5, no, I have a son, and commitments. Would I criticise others for doing it, hell no. Live and let live. Enjoy the hype guys, hope you all get what you want and come Christmas morning are smiling ear to ear.
I'm doing this precisely so I can have the Christmas I'm envisioning with the ps5. It'll be just like Christmas of 2002 was for me with the ps2.

Zoro7

Banned

You hate people moaning about others, yet here you are moaning about others.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Drove by my local GameStop and there were about 3 people hanging out, but more chairs. Not super insane but I’ll call during my lunch break and see if there is a chance. In a normal school year, trying to leave during a lunch break would be impossible. But with virtual in Friday’s I get a 1 hour window.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm doing this precisely so I can have the Christmas I'm envisioning with the ps5. It'll be just like Christmas of 2002 was for me with the ps2.
I know the PS2 was popular but I have a hard time believing you weee waiting in lines in 2002 for a console that came out in 2000. PS2 was everywhere at that point.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
True heroes. And not all heroes dribble by the looks of it.

uXA0T6x.png

Ceadeus

Gold Member
That's being very patient. I usually been lucky each time a new console hit the store by walking in and pre order but this time , ps5 looks like a pain in the ass to get. Even series X went sold out in a minute.

That's kind of a lost battle against bot/scalpers. They really do suck.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Hope they all get one at launch for their commitment
I’ll be happy if I get a console before Thanksgiving. I’m a high school teacher and I wouldn’t really get much time to enjoy it until then. I will get both consoles eventually but I just hope it’s not as bad as the Wii in terms of being scarce. I wasn’t able to get a Wii until like March 2007 and I waited at Best Buy like an hour before opening several months after release!

Last edited:
I know the PS2 was popular but I have a hard time believing you weee waiting in lines in 2002 for a console that came out in 2000. PS2 was everywhere at that point.
No, I got the PS2 for a Christmas present that year. Didn't say anything about having to wait in line for it, especially not since I was a child at that point.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I have never camped overnight and at 53 years old those days are long past me but I have nothing against those that do.

I sat out in front of my local Gamestop 3+ hours for an XSX order and heading there shortly to do it again trying for a PS5.

And no I dont have a job I retired 20 years ago so my free time shouldnt be of anyone else's concern :)

RoboFu

One of the green rats
it will be in store in two months. Having to have it day 1 isn't really needed with this gen launch.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I waited overnight outside a target for the Wii back in 2006. It was awful because of how cold it was. Probably a 100 people in line too by morning.

I vowed to never do it again.

I’ll just buy the systems next year once good games start coming out.

Vawn

Banned
it will be in store in two months. Having to have it day 1 isn't really needed with this gen launch.

Speak for yourself. Demon's Souls Remake is probably the most excited I've been for a game since SNES or PS1 days.

ChrisB

Time is money, and at 15 hours it's cheaper for me (and I suspect a lot of people) to pay the upcharge ebay joints.
I'll wait till I can get either a preorder or they become more readily accessible.

7:30am and I've just been chillin in my car the entire time. This has been really easy, can't wait to secure my PS5.

You got this! I drove by my Gamestop for the Xbox release this week at 1 am and no one was there so I went home and slept for a few hours and came back at 5 AM and was person number 2. Half an hour later 3 more people came and all the X's were spoken for.

You on the other hand are hardcore for staying out much longer.

NikuNashi

You hate people moaning about others, yet here you are moaning about others.
I hate people who criticise and belittle others for having fun in the way they want to. So no, your attempt at correlation failed. Let people enjoy their lives.

Zoro7

Banned
I hate people who criticise and belittle others for having fun in the way they want to. So no, your attempt at correlation failed. Let people enjoy their lives.
How does me thinking its sad to queue up 15 hours for a console equate to me not letting anyone enjoy their lives? Stretch much?

Entroyp

I waited overnight outside a target for the Wii back in 2006. It was awful because of how cold it was. Probably a 100 people in line too by morning.

I vowed to never do it again.

I’ll just buy the systems next year once good games start coming out.

But this thread us about the PS5 not Xbox.

Top Bottom