• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dedicated Gamers sit outside of GameStop 15+ hours before PS-5 Preorders open again

levyjl1988

Banned
I guess a lot of us now are acclimated to the gaming landscape.
PS5 and Xbox Series X means nothing if you are gaming on a 1080p monitor, I guess it is a much more fluid experience.
But it's not what it was like before, like huge leaps.

I remember going from NES to N64 and was wowed.
Going from 1080p to 4K, is like, "that's nice".

I'll wait for my console to ship in the mail.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Slightly jealous of these folks, I wish I could be excited about anything enough to camp out day(s) ahead of time.
Yeah, do these people not have jobs? Since I am a teacher, in the summer, I could have waited online, but now that I am in teaching and doing this virtual BS, I am pretty much at school from 6am - 6pm and being able to go a Gamestop is the LAST thing I have time to do.

Im actually more pissed at Sony for not sending me the pre-order email. I've been a paying PS+ member since day 1 and then you have these shits who joined like a year ago or less and Sony is sending out email invites to them. Both MS and Sony should have sent out pre-order offers to members of their on line services who have been active for years and given them an opportunity to order.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is a completely nonsensical argument. The difference is how you primarily use the electronic.

The very nature of the product and what you primarily use it for is in the name. Video GAMES

How do you know how I use my PS4? And just because it has the word "game" in it doesn't mean it's a toy. We call these games, yet does anybody think these items are toys?

p-31476-22_clear_mini.jpg

untitled-design-93.jpg

If your time is worth $20 a hour, he could pay $800 to a scalper

Or maybe they don't have $800. Ever thought of that?

Last edited:
I got there at 8am, about 3 hours before it opens and there was like 9 people and the door said they had 8 consoles. They told me they been waiting since 3 am. Thank God I already got mine online, I was trying to get an extra for a friend but I didn't think it would be this hard

Man, imagine having so little going on in your life you feel like wasting an entire day queuing to get a PS5 (or any other piece of hardware, for all that matters) before others is a good investment of your time.
I don't know how these people face looking at themselves in the mirror every morning.
I didn't do it, but if someone has the free time why not. It's better than trying to outsnipe a bot online for it lmao. It's seems pretty stress free

CrysisFreak

Banned
Man, imagine having so little going on in your life you feel like wasting an entire day queuing to get a PS5 (or any other piece of hardware, for all that matters) before others is a good investment of your time.
I don't know how these people face looking at themselves in the mirror every morning.
The Chad "more power to them"
vs
The Virgin "noo they cannot spend their time like that it's wasteful!!!1"

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It won’t, this thing will most likely be sold out for the first half of 2021.

i doubt it. I think the Wii was the only console I couldnt pick up easily after two months. and that was a beatles type of senario with the main stream media hyping it for months leading up to launch. has the ps5 been ont he today show?

Blond

Banned
Camping outside a store should be a thing of the past. Damn.

Sometimes I think FOMO should be considered a pathology.

Apple even tries to avoid this because they realize how stupid it is and even told their customers to stop camping outside of their stores years ago. It’s beyond stupid and these people need help: Its a game console not a cure for cancer people.

Last edited:
How do you know how I use my PS4? And just because it has the word "game" in it doesn't mean it's a toy. We call these games, yet does anybody think these items are toys?

p-31476-22_clear_mini.jpg

untitled-design-93.jpg

Or maybe they don't have $800. Ever thought of that?

Once again, you are comparing apples and oranges. A better comparison would be to board games as video games are essentially an electronic evolution from traditional board games. They’re both toys, and I like them both. However, I have no problem stepping back and seeing them for what they are rather than trying to compare them to completely different things to make them into something more. Enjoy your video games and I’ll do the same. The same goes for these guys camping out. I did this before and it was fun. However, I’ve moved on to see the insignificance of this in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes, when you’re so ingrained into a hobby or interest, that is hard to see. This conversation is done at this point.

Last edited:
I still think a raffle system like they do for shoes would be the best way but props to them for having the willpower to do this cause I didn't for sure lol. I'd rather not have the ps5 than go a day early

DavidGzz

I don't understand why nobody preordered the consolles before the official preorder and now are all in the shit...

I payed money to gs like 40 days ago and now i don't have to worry about not having a console, i can't be that smart...

Wasn't possible in the states unless there are some mom and pop shops doing it. By the time I woke up on conference day my Gamestop was sold out.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Wasn't possible in the states unless there are some mom and pop shops doing it. By the time I woke up on conference day my Gamestop was sold out.
I'm talking about preorder before any conference...

Preorders started like a week ago? I payed 150 euros to block a ps5 to gamestop like 40+ days ago.

I don't understand why nobody did this.

The gs guy literally asked me "do you wanna pay to block a ps5 before things go crazy" when i entered in the shop...

Last edited:
It won’t, this thing will most likely be sold out for the first half of 2021.

Here at Finland some stores already have message that new orders get their console in 2021, between january - march.

So yeah, it is possible that soon it is march - june.

Meanwhile series x/s are still available from launch preorders.

PS5 sells like meth on drug party and xbox like rotten fish

DavidGzz

Yeah, do these people not have jobs? Since I am a teacher, in the summer, I could have waited online, but now that I am in teaching and doing this virtual BS, I am pretty much at school from 6am - 6pm and being able to go a Gamestop is the LAST thing I have time to do.

Im actually more pissed at Sony for not sending me the pre-order email. I've been a paying PS+ member since day 1 and then you have these shits who joined like a year ago or less and Sony is sending out email invites to them. Both MS and Sony should have sent out pre-order offers to members of their on line services who have been active for years and given them an opportunity to order.

Some people don't work dayshift. I got off at 7am, went to the gym and then got in line at 830. I work midnight at a 911 center and tonight is my first day off in a while so I can afford to stay up a while. Got lucky.

DavidGzz

Preorders started like a week ago? I payed 150 euros to block a ps5 to gamestop like 40+ days ago.

The gs guy literally asked me "do you wanna pay to block a ps5 before things go crazy" when i entered in the shop...

Well that wasn't possible here. Trust me, I asked 2-3 times. Illinois.

GameStop employees aren’t above selling the 8 or so preorders to their friends. I’ve seen it happen at retail stores for way less.

DavidGzz

What if you stand in line and need to pee?
Do you all bring a bottle there to pee in? :messenger_squinting_tongue: :messenger_squinting_tongue: :messenger_squinting_tongue:

We all have an agreement that if someone has to leave to pee, we'll honor their place in line. Dude had to when we were waiting for the XSX pre-orders.

Mozza

I do not believe it, dedicated gamers are prepared to wait in like before the PS5 pre-orders go live, as the console will have limited supply, imagine my shock.

In other news water is wet. ;)

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The rest of ps owners who just ordered online and are reading this:
ad5y6oZ_700b.jpg

Proof to me that most gamers are filthy casuals. Not one of these guys cares about Demon's Souls. They all want CoD and Valhalla.

"hi everyone, I'm a hardcore souls fan, and everyone who likes something else are filthy casuals. My opinion is right and theirs are wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Apple even tries to avoid this because they realize how stupid it is and even told their customers to stop camping outside of their stores years ago. It’s beyond stupid and these people need help: Its a game console not a cure for cancer people.

Yall are weird. Why is it so hard to understand people wanting to camp out to get something that they want very bad? In the grand scheme of things, is it really that bad? If someone had a cure for cancer, surely they'd wait outside a hospital for it for more than 15 hours. Plus there's something called PTO time that people can use from their jobs. It's not a hard concept to understand.

Once again, you are comparing apples and oranges. A better comparison would be to board games as video games are essentially an electronic evolution from traditional board games. They’re both toys, and I like them both. However, I have no problem stepping back and seeing them for what they are rather than trying to compare them to completely different things to make them into something more. Enjoy your video games and I’ll do the same. The same goes for these guys camping out. I did this before and it was fun. However, I’ve moved on to see the insignificance of this in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes, when you’re so ingrained into a hobby or interest, that is hard to see. This conversation is done at this point.

You are limiting what video games are because you are stuck in 1995. It's 2020. These devices have evolved, so you should evolve your understanding of these things too. Or you can choose to sound salty about it. You talk about the grand scheme of things, yet you ignore the fact that it's only 15 hours of someone's life. If they live to be 80 years old, then what's 15 hours? Plus it's an experience that they'll always have. Plus, who knows maybe they'll make a friend or two out of it.

And again, you are on a video game forum, wonder why people care so much about video games. That's weird bro. You're only here because you enjoy talking about games and things related to video games. If it's so insignificant, you wouldn't have created a GAF account.

I guess a lot of us now are acclimated to the gaming landscape.
PS5 and Xbox Series X means nothing if you are gaming on a 1080p monitor, I guess it is a much more fluid experience.
But it's not what it was like before, like huge leaps.

I remember going from NES to N64 and was wowed.
Going from 1080p to 4K, is like, "that's nice".

I'll wait for my console to ship in the mail.

Going from nes to n64 is like a quantum leap in technology. How the hell is that even a fair comparison of 1080p to 4k haha

I don't think I've seen any retailers do this in North America. Not an option, generally.

GymWolf

Yeah, I mean, it's one of the most coveted consumer electronics products on Earth; it's going to be a mess no matter what Sony do. You guys are pretty lucky to have pre-preorders :messenger_beaming:
Yes, it was exactly a pre-pre-order.

The gs guy called me a week ago and told me that he needed more money to block the console in a definitive way before someone could surpass me in the imaginary line, so technically i made the real preorder a week ago :lollipop_grinning_sweat: (but the console was already kinda locked for me)

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I've always had a fun time hanging out like that all the way back to the PS2. The best is when people scoff at you and think that they will casually get the system. Instead, you have it and get to enjoy hundreds of hours of fun with your family and friends.

I waited outside GameStop for XSS from 5am to 8am, and simultaneously I was on my phone to get a online preorder for XSX. Got both in the end so I was happy. Probably should have pulled the trigger on another XSS, but I think I'll get another shot at it.

Apeopleman

Proof to me that most gamers are filthy casuals. Not one of these guys cares about Demon's Souls. They all want CoD and Valhalla.
Facts. People are too emotional and get caught up in the hype and want the shiny new box because everyone else wants it. The only reason I got a launch PS4 was because Im a big Killzone fan. All the other people in line were saying “ima get da PS4 and dat 2k and assassins creed”

mind blowing when you can get them for the previous gen

i doubt it. I think the Wii was the only console I couldnt pick up easily after two months. and that was a beatles type of senario with the main stream media hyping it for months leading up to launch. has the ps5 been ont he today show?

The pandemic will cause production and supply constraints, there is no way this thing will be easily available by the first half of 2021, just look at the situation with the switch and keep in mind this is a brand new console.

I think those that really want it will get it but its not going to be a easy pick up for awhile.

The jokes on them when GameStop goes out of business on November 1st.

Your crazy if you think they will go out of business before the end of the year, the holiday season will keep them afloat until 2021

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Some people don't work dayshift. I got off at 7am, went to the gym and then got in line at 830. I work midnight at a 911 center and tonight is my first day off in a while so I can afford to stay up a while. Got lucky.
A couple of hours or even a day is one thing, but lines for days? Bit hard to see

Js562

That's high on their priority list huh. It's their time I guess. I couldn't get a ps5 or the series X I'll grab it later on not gonna waste
time in line for hrs. Learnt that years ago for black Friday. Not worth it. They'll get one eventually
itAy5Hs.gif

ethomaz

Banned
What do you do when you have to use the bathroom and need to leave the line?
I do it in the empty water bottles... pretty simple for man (not too easy for woman).

I did that a lot of times in show or football stadium queue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom