• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 has become a Microtransaction Hell. Will it affect the other live service games from Sony?

Calverz

Yall really need to stop playing this garbage ass game. I feel like Bungie has wasted 10 years of dev on this and the reason being is because yall keep playing this mess.

I wish they would charge you $100 just for logging into Destiny because you deserve it. I hope they keep monetizing the living bejesus out of it until people wake the fuck up. Good day.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Liamario

Banned
The game is fun to play, but I bought into it on pc and I had no idea what I was doing. So in the end, I just stopped playing.

Ogbert

I have no love for micro transactions, but what’s especially bad about D2?

There’s the battle pass and that’s it. You never have to go near the shop once.

Am I missing something?

Gave up on this rubbish a long time ago. Under Jimbo Sony will be going full speed ahead with this GAAS trash with Bungie at the helm of everseeing them wasting their time and resources. Bungie has so much talent and should be using it for proper offline games which used to be a staple of Playstation……as I said…..USED TO BE. By supporting these types of live service games it will only embolden companies to keep pushing this out.

Last edited:

Jinjo

Agreed, not being able to buy the exact amount of silver you need for an item is greedy and shady af.
NO the season pass is not "us$12 or €12" because you can't BUY that amount of silver, us$15 or €15 is the lowest amount of silver you can buy.

What makes it worse is that the 300 left-over silver doesn't even get you anything in the store. There are literally no items in there that cost 300 silver. Making it even more obvious it's clearly designed to make you spend even more.

gatti-man

Destiny is one of the best shooters out there. It’s not F2P idk where people got that idea. Buy the expansions and it’s hardly micro transaction he’ll at all. Again not sure where that comes from either.

Z O N E

There's a reason why they're giving Bungie power to stop development of GAAS games and be sort of "leads" in what goes in them and what doesn't. Bungie have the most experience when it comes to ruining a franchise with microtransactions. I have feeling the input they have for some games will be similar. Take it easy at first and then over time add more microtransactions.

StueyDuck

All destiny 2 does for me. Is remind me how unique and awesome destiny 1 was... especially when everyone hated it, those were literally the best days in the franchise.

They school management lesson of Keep It Simple Stupid... destiny 2 needs a degree in the darkness and that's only to understand the dlc let alone all the shit that's been deleted

No, he's not.

Destiny 2 has been a great game. It had a rocky start, became really freaking great around the Forsaken expansion, and only started going to shit a bit more recently. But even then, the quality of the base game and regular content updates have been consistently high, even if Bungie is becoming increasingly more scummy on the monetization aspects of the game.

Posts like the one you quoted are not only not being fair to the game, they're borderline delusional; being divorced from the reality of the actual game. The game is still super popular and for good reason. It isn't without its issues; with the primary being onboarding of new players and Bungie's nickel and diming on MTXs, season, expansion, and other regular content pricing. However, none of those issues somehow invalidate the fact that Destiny 2 remains to be one of the best-playing FPS looter shooters on consoles.

The other poster trying to claim the game is ass, but also trying to insult people who actually play and enjoy the game, is just fucking self-indulgent, narcissistic, self-projected vitriol. Likely from a player who tried the game more recently and struggled to get into it because of the aforementioned issues, or because they themselves are shit and need to git gud (yes, I went there).

Mattyp

Gold Member
Bungie is shithouse and Sony had no impact on that.

It’s literally their own games I worry about, their last attempt at an online title TLoU was the definition of pay to win.

Kerotan

I play it regularly and it really isn't. Buy the deluxe edition for $100 every yearly expansion and you're literally set. All dungeon keys, season passes included.

If that's too much wait a few months buy it on sale.

nikos

I don't play anymore, because I didn't like the latest expansion, but this game wasn't microtransaction hell by any means

Other than the season pass, there are cosmetic items. I found myself buying WAY less in this game than most others, probably because there's so much loot and free cosmetic stuff to begin with.

Top Bottom