• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details About Men in Black (Sony/PS5 Exclusive) Leaked

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I hate this idea and maybe actually seeing the game would change my mind but right now it's a hell no for me

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Last edited:

SSfox

Men in black is such a boring IP. What a waste.
This, main thing good about it is the Song, outside of this it's Meh. What a weird choice tbh, i though they would be working on new IP or something, but this is boring tbh.

But welp the good news is that it's not the only Sony studio, hopefully Jimbo and Hermen won't ruin the others SWW devs by FFS.

Last edited:

The Shepard

I'll see it for myself before I pass judgement but I'm not all that impressed there not making days gone 2, I really would prefer a sequel to that game instead.

DarthPutin

I don't think we need ANOTHER 100 hrs of Days Gone. There is plenty of content, not everything needs a sequel.

As for MIB, I don't understand melodrama. It's a decent premise for the game, running around catching aliens, everything else is up for grabs. Could be good, could be trash. In any case, I'd wait for something more official.

I thought first movie was good enough for what it is. Not great, but TV analogue of Days Gone would be rather dull Walking Dead rip-off. Movies and games are different. My biggest worry would be trying to get the tone right - it's so easy to end up with cringe-worthy humor.

AAA Sand Box Open World & Aliens, hope they pull off this one.

If they can create a believable world like GTA but with aliens and weird stuff, it could be interesting.

R&C Rift Apart's world is full of life but it was not open world. Maybe if they can pull a similar exotic world in a less cartoony graphics, maybe it will work.

EDMIX

Bend deserve better than this

? They are a great team, how the fuck do you know this is something bad? If they had an idea for a new IP, I'd want to see where this goes if its true, then automatically assume um "deserve better" as if by default this is a bad thing or something as if you played it.

I'd argue giving them this IP is even HARDER then if you asked them to make Days Gone 2, a game on an existing concept, engine etc. This is likely much more costly and risking then a safe sequel.

They deserve a chance and respect. If you like the team, give them that at least.
Looks like I’m in the minority here, but I’d be happy to play a MIB game. Loads of cool weapons, aliens, vehicles, in an open world?
Matrix Reloaded Film GIF

Agreed. I think its a great idea and the IP has so much lore and possibilities.

GlitteringFancyEthiopianwolf-max-1mb.gif

3r9tc1.gif

The fact that in the universe the aliens have deals with the united states, visas, green cards, can be ambassadors etc opens up soooooo much that can be done in the games open world. The fact that any random NPC can literally be some other life form makes for a interesting concept.

Because there's a ton of potential there, even if the movies completely dropped the ball.

I mean, this isn't rocket science.

Agreed. The IP is so vast, I don't believe the relevance of the films at all would hurt this game.

Capitalizing on their movies franchises is going to the the path forward for Sony, grabbing that casual market. They will lose me as a customer, I don't want generic movie games.

What a waste of resources.

Batiman

Banned
Why does the world want me to like men in black. Never was a good IP. Didn’t even like the movie when I was a kid, and I liked everything I watched.

CamHostage

You guys are all drunk. If true and done right, the game mechanics sound great. MIB is also a great ip for a open world game full of crazy stuff going on. If Bend manages to nail it or not remains to be seen.

I really hope so. Bend has not had many chances to make "fun" game in its career. (They made the bleak Days Gone, before that they did get to make Uncharted Golden Abyss and toyed around a little with the Infamous franchise in a dropped Vita project, before that was the PSP Resistance, and then there were all the Syphon Filters (which were only so dark, if you didn't think about the actual SF Virus concept, but still, they did 6 games with a character they kept trying to kill off...), and way before that, the roots of the company had to suffer through making Bubsy 3D.)

There was fun to be had in any one of those projects, but I kind of feel a silly sci-fi project could be a good change of pace, even if it is a franchise I don't know has life left in it...

This rumor seems very unlikely, but if it does turn out to be true, I hope the best for it and would give it a try.

Last edited:

skit_data

Does it necessarily have to be associated with the film franchise? Men in Black as a concept exists outside of those semi bad hangover Will Smith movies

Haggard

Banned
The last movie flopped hard and now they try to make a game?
Why?

I'd doubt the outcome even if a more competent studio like insomniac or ND would be doing this... With Bend I kind of expect at best mediocrity.
This feels like something I'd usually expect from EA or Activision.

Last edited:
I liked Days Gone so I'm excited to see what Bend does next whatever it is. But Syphon Filter is at the top of my list of what I like to see from Bend.
MiB has more potential that both those useless franchises.

Daddy Sony might even allow Playstation to give Bend a higher budget, since Sony Pictures did a horrible job with International. That movie was made at a business meeting.

I feel Bend will succeed.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
If Days Gone 2 was not green lit because of a Men in Black game, im going to be even more pissed off than I was months ago. UGH.

Iced Arcade

Damn I actually thought this was confirmed.

Fuck yeah I'll take a MIB from a reputable studio. Look at spider-man/insomniac

Top Bottom