• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details About Men in Black (Sony/PS5 Exclusive) Leaked

Tarkus98

Fucking waste of talent if it is true and it does end up being Bend. If they can’t do a DG P.2 then at least let them go back to their roots and do a new Syphon Filter or a Resistance game. Bloody hell.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Not a fan of the licensification going on at Sony...the games we know coming past 2022 are MIB, Wolverine, Star Wars and Spiderman...I'd love to see more original IP similar to last gen.
They will have new IP, they're really trying to merge their movie properties and games to make them more cohesive and i don't see a problem with that. At least first party studios make good games, i wouldn't trust a third party.

I wasn't excited for this at first but the concept leaks seem like a ton of fun if Bend can pull it off.

They will have new IP, they're really trying to merge their movie properties and games to make them more cohesive and i don't see a problem with that. At least first party studios make good games, i wouldn't trust a third party.

I wasn't excited for this at first but the concept leaks seem like a ton of fun if Bend can pull it off.
It's probably just the traditionalist in me...even the Indiana Jones Xbox game has me like meh...licensed games in general is always something that I know why companies do them but why no create original IPs that are suited to what games do well.

Bridges

Interesting that Sony first party seems to be increasingly leaning into licensed properties between all the Marvel games and this. I suppose they haven't missed yet, but it's an interesting choice. Definitely has potential.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I thought Hermen Hulst clearly stated they're working on a new IP featuring a new concept:

Does a MIB game even classifiy?
The IP is certainly not new, it would be a license.

I wouldn't say it's clear one way or the other.

"New IP" could just mean "New IP for Bend". New concept is probably referring to new gameplay mechanics/design.

Sony also seems interested in creating these mega franchises that get movie/TV shows alongside games which would lend itself to the MiB rumor as well.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I wouldn't say it's clear one way or the other.

"New IP" could just mean "New IP for Bend". New concept is probably referring to new gameplay mechanics/design.

Sony also seems interested in creating these mega franchises that get movie/TV shows alongside games which would lend itself to the MiB rumor as well.

Ehhh

New IP means new IP

Zok310

Banned
Sure, why not?
I’m always down for new shit, as long as the devs working on it are passionate about it I’m in.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
lost me at open world. lol at everythign needing to be a bland open world. fuck off unless youre rockstar at this point.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
MIB?
Animated GIF

Interesting that Sony first party seems to be increasingly leaning into licensed properties
Because they know franchises sell. Imagine the exact same Spider-Man game without Spider-Man and with the name Sticky Rope Guy. Would have sold many million copies less. Won't work that much with MIB, because only the first movie was decent, the rest was shitty. But there are still fans out there.

@Topic
The game could be fun with all the weird weapons, some open world bounty hunts and the cool James Bond like car, but they have to make it 100% humourous and not serious. I could also imagine lots of funny situations with the neurolyzer and i hope they make good use of the coffee addicted worms and Frank The Pug. They were always my favorites, liked them more than Smith and Lee Jones.

Last edited:

SSfox

Men In Black by Bend, TLOU remake by ND, and 2 Marvel games by Insomniacs. (And there may be even more stuffs of that kind not announced yet)

Sony are scarifying creativity for the sake to highlight TV shows and movies, they forgot what made Playstation what it is, the actual leaders of playstation don't understand the brand. I'm starting to understand why Shawn and Andrew left, those guys were a true playstation guys and leaders and they were probably against this route. Thankfully they still have interesting stuffs like GOW and GT, and some 3rd party with some of the best games, and PS5 still the best hardware by far and thanks to Mark Cerny the legend.

But honestly this Sony Hollywood edition stinks and i'm def not a fan of that, hopefully this won't last long and they'll come back soon to their roots.

Last edited:

TheTony316

What year is this? I hope this is fake. I don't want Playstation to turn into a licensed hollywood factory. Insomniac with Marvel is enough. Bend deserves better (if true) How about a new Syphon Filter or a new original IP?

Last edited:

SCB3

Did anyone play the PS1 version, it was a RE/Alone in the Dark clone and was pretty hard from what I remember

they made Bubsy 3D, an eternal sin...

also Days Gone was such a snooze fest and on PS4 barely playable with those awfully laggy controls. it's way better on PS5 at 60fps tho.
I didn’t have an issue with it on any console. Game was great. Was a tad long, but genuinely one of my favourite games of last gen.
Really not a fan of MIB, but thankfully by the sounds of it Bend aren’t involved after all.

GymWolf

They cancelled dg2 for a fucking mib game?

Between this and the third iteration of tlou, sony and jimbo seems to know exactly what people want...

Hype for bluepoint new game being a text adventure based on glee.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Poor bend they started developing days gone when zombies and sons of anarchy were the shit (not so much on release date) and now they are working on an old brand who nobody gives a fuck about anymore that only had one really good movie, a decent sequel and then endless trash.

Last edited:

CheeseCake

We're not even giving Bend a chance and you neofuckers are already saying that this will be the death of the studio.

has youtube GIF

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Men In Black by Bend, TLOU remake by ND, and 2 Marvel games by Insomniacs. (And there may be even more stuffs of that kind not announced yet)

Sony are scarifying creativity for the sake to highlight TV shows and movies, they forgot what made Playstation what it is, the actual leaders of playstation don't understand the brand. I'm starting to understand why Shawn and Andrew left, those guys were a true playstation guys and leaders and they were probably against route. Thankfully they still have interesting stuffs like GOW and GT, and some 3rd party with some of the best games, and PS5 still the best hardware by far and thanks to Mark Cerny the legend.

But honestly this Sony Hollywood edition stinks and i'm def not a fan of that, hopefully this won't last long and they'll come back soon to their roots.

Playstation does seem to be more integral to sonys entertainment ip. A long time in the making and a result of the management shift.

However one should be under no illusion that a platform is more "for the gamers" then the other. They are all "for the money"

Same here. Not sure why this is a getting negative reaction, but it is good source material for a game. Or at least could be if done right.

Mainly because it's like 20 years too late.

MiB as an IP is dead. The latest movies were so bad that I couldn't care less about the franchise and I'd much rather see Sony's first-party studios working on new gaming IP.

If this is a first-party published game from some no-name third-party studio. Then cool, no problem. Hope it's good and if it is I would maybe consider buying from the bargain bin.

VN1X

Banned
This could actually be the perfect fit for a videogame in 2022 or beyond. Imagine all the crazy aliens and abilities we'd see. Not to mention the amount of customization possible for the agents themselves. It'd be great!

I hope this is real now lol.

Calverz

Playstation does seem to be more integral to sonys entertainment ip. A long time in the making and a result of the management shift.

However one should be under no illusion that a platform is more "for the gamers" then the other. They are all "for the money"
It would have been better if you said “4 the payers” vs “4 the players”. But guessing you deliberately avoided that lol

Top Bottom