• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: The Last of Us Part 1 PS5 vs The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Pro - Improvements Detailed!

Tripolygon

Banned
do8KglS.jpg

Fresh claims of CG quality graphics in real-time incoming for TLOU Remake. We shall see...

The fact that the best comparison shots don't even come from Naughty Dog directly show how badly they are promoting this game.

It's weird how they are so good at making games but so bad at promoting them.

They have stuff like this but insist in showing us comparisons of gameplay moments at night or close to that.

That said it's clear the guy is excited about the product he made, i'm sure the game will be amazing once it's out!

Tripolygon

Banned
The fact that the best comparison shots don't even come from Naughty Dog directly show how badly they are promoting this game.

It's weird how they are so good at making games but so bad at promoting them.

They have stuff like this but insist in showing us comparisons of gameplay moments at night or close to that.

That said it's clear the guy is excited about the product he made, i'm sure the game will be amazing once it's out!
Naughty Dog develops games, they are not in charge of marketing, that is what PlayStation's marketing division is there for. And the game launches September 2nd, they are not going to start marketing push this far out. It's like we have not been through this a thousand times already.

Justin9mm

The whole $70 thing is funny to me. If people can't save $70 from the time of announcement to the release time then that's their issue. People can easily wait for a sale otherwise.
It's more about principle than affording it. But yeah, if they don't want to pay $70 then wait for sale or don't play it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Holy shit that roasting in the first minute is absolutely brutal and true

SlimySnake SlimySnake

I actually laughed at that audio description thing when i first heard it because thats something that couldve been patched to the original game since you know its just an audio file being played over the cutscenes they chose NOT to reshoot. But no, ND is making BLIND people pay $70 for it lol

I think the difference is generational. Its just that its not a two gen upgrade. Some people are pretending that there is no upgrade which is just as bizarre as the people who think this looks like a next gen game. All they had to do was release this as a PS4 game for $40, and no one would be losing their shit.

There's no way this shouldn't have a ps4 version but I feel that Sony probably thought we have to have one ps5 exclusive game in 2022 as we don't have one so we will just cull the ps4 version and focus on the ps5 release.
Dude it's time to throw the PS4 in the trash. I have had a PS4 since launch and now I've had a PS5 since launch and the PS4 is unfortunately holding all of these games back, especially the exclusives.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Dude it's time to throw the PS4 in the trash. I have had a PS4 since launch and now I've had a PS5 since launch and the PS4 is unfortunately holding all of these games back, especially the exclusives.
There's a difference between a game that could clearly run on a ps4 and one designed just for the ps5. After seeing last of us 2 on a ps4 and this remake there's no way it couldn't release on the ps4 imo.

I'm all for moving onto true next gen games though and agree with you.

Ellery

There's a difference between a game that could clearly run on a ps4 and one designed just for the ps5. After seeing last of us 2 on a ps4 and this remake there's no way it couldn't release on the ps4 imo.

I'm all for moving onto true next gen games though and agree with you.

What would be a game that could clearly only run on the PS5 and what resolution and framerate is/would that game be in?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
There's no way this shouldn't have a ps4 version but I feel that Sony probably thought we have to have one ps5 exclusive game in 2022 as we don't have one so we will just cull the ps4 version and focus on the ps5 release.
May also be that the Last of Us has a native PS4 version already and they thought it might get confusing.

Bullshit.

I have a pirate's eye and I recognize that it is not a recent movement capture as they show it.

They used the same skeleton of the previous games, only they modified graphically, but it is the same game of ps3 .
lmao...but they literally said it's the same mocap footage they had from 2013. You don't need your special eyes for that. It's not like they hide that.

Aggelos

This is fishy... PlayStation Japan posted the TLOU features video just now (after weeks of delay). Not so much appeal/demand for TLOU in Japan?

GymWolf

Gold Member
What would be a game that could clearly only run on the PS5 and what resolution and framerate is/would that game be in?
We are gonna see the answer with tlou3\unchy5\new ND games REALLY made from the ground up on ps5.

We are not developers and we don't know how much ND can push a ps5, but after seeing tlou2 on ps4 and tlou remake on ps5, this is certaintly not the case, like not even remotely close.

Res is probably gonna be cb4k or native 1440p and 30 fps with no 60 fps mode if they really want to dedicate ALL of the efforts on squeezing the ps5 at 110% without alternative modes than only steal dev times.

Last edited:
This is fishy... PlayStation Japan posted the TLOU features video just now (after weeks of delay). Not so much appeal/demand for TLOU in Japan?

I didn't think many Sony western games did too well in Japan. Uncharted did ok, and I think Ghost did as wel.

I told you so (there's too many of you to @ but you know who you are.)

There is no comparison to TLOU2. This is the best looking game on any platform.
Bruh ..... It was another cutscene which we've known for a while the quality looks great on. Notice these leaks have all been cutscenes recently? It's cause they know the cutscenes look amazing.

However, we've also seen a decent amount of gameplay and we know that the gameplay doesn't look better than Last of Us 2. Not to a significant degree that's for sure. I hate to keep bursting your bubble here.

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
Looks absolutely amazing, true leap in visuals. I've already played the PS4 version 3 times though so I would need something more to get me to bite. New scenario or locations, new gameplay mechanics etc.
Bringing back Factions would be cool too.

gamer82

So is there any way this isn't a full priced PS5 release? I'm excited for this and all but maybe not 70 bucks excited.
just wait and pick it up on the holidays or better yet get it from one of the other sony online stores if you know how at a cheaper price.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
The the combination of high resolution textures and dynamic self shadowing is doing wonders here. Even from a 720p source the detail is incredible.

MD3ptlJ.gif

Bruh ..... It was another cutscene which we've known for a while the quality looks great on. Notice these leaks have all been cutscenes recently? It's cause they know the cutscenes look amazing.

People (including you iirc) were claiming that there is no generational upgrade in fidelity from TLOU2. So far the only visuals we have from the review copy are these new videos. I don't control the timing of these leaks I just comment as we get them. Your issues with ND not releasing adequate amount of gameplay is valid imo, but your theory of ND not releasing gameplay because it doesn't look great is senseless to me, mainly due to the developer's track record. Off the top of my head, I don't know of any Naughty Dog game that has failed to impress people in terms of fidelity, do you?

However, we've also seen a decent amount of gameplay and we know that the gameplay doesn't look better than Last of Us 2. Not to a significant degree that's for sure.

No we haven't even the gameplay trailer ND released wasn't a final build. I do admit the marketing strategy has been silly but again I can't control that.

I hate to keep bursting your bubble here

You never did. No offense, but I've considered your retorts to my thoughts on the game to be baseless for the most part.

Top Bottom