• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Early Access Beta August 13th, Open Beta August 20th

Paulxo87

Hard for me to get hyped for this. Diablo 2 is incredible and by far the best in the series. But after the way Blizzard handled the Warcraft 3 remake I have my doubts.

First off Vicarious is handling it.. who nailed a bunch of other high profile remasters/remakes. Second. Did you not see all the feedback from the Alpha gameplay a couple months back? They absolutely NAILED this remaster in every single way. I can't wait.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
n/m

Last edited:

Barakov

Wasn't this game made by a bunch of rapers?
Sick Get Away GIF by Rooster Teeth

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah it's confirmed, no ladder on launch. Unbe-fucking-lievable.

No LAN?

A little part of my optimism died just then.

Yup, even though they said initially that it would include TCP/IP, they revealed today that they won't have that feature. So, you need to be online to play the game and no mods either, which they had also mentioned would be included initially. It is hilarious.

Lanrutcon

Yup, even though they said initially that it would include TCP/IP, they revealed today that they won't have that feature. So, you need to be online to play the game and no mods either, which they had also mentioned would be included initially. It is hilarious.

Got some friends who grew up with Diablo 2. We were planning a LAN weekend (something unique given we're all adults). This bites.

Yoshichan

Brand
JahLoMalGul

Death
HelElVexOrtGul

Destruction
VexLoBerJahKo

Dream
IoJahPul

Dragon
SurLoSol

Edge
TirTalAmn

Faith
OhmJahLemEld

Fortitude
ElSolDolLo

Grief
EthTirLoMalRal

Harmony
TirIthSolKo

Ice
AmnShaelJahLo

Infinity
BerMalBerIst

Insight
RalTirTalSol

Last Wish
JahMalJahSurJahBer

Lawbringer
AmnLemKo

Oath
ShaelPulMalLum

Obedience
HelKoThulEthFal

Phoenix
VexVexLoJah

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

Spirit

TalThulOrtAmn

MAKE SURE NOT TO MAKE THESE WHILE PLAYING THE GAME (ON LAUNCH!). THESE ARE LADDER RUNEWORDS AND WON'T WORK! DON'T WASTE YOUR RUNES!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch remastered Act I and Act II's cinematics for the upcoming Diablo II Resurrected. The early access beta is coming up on August 13th, 2021, and the Open Beta will start August 20th. The game is scheduled to release on September 23rd, 2021.

sendit

Q: Will TCP/IP support be available in the Early Access to Open Beta tests?

A: TCP/IP support will not be available in the upcoming Beta or the final game. After careful deliberation, we will no longer be supporting this option as we identified potential security risks and are committed to safeguarding the player experience.

From: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/dia...rrected-during-the-early-access-and-open-beta

The game will support TCP/IP in open beta and final release.

chixdiggit

First off Vicarious is handling it.. who nailed a bunch of other high profile remasters/remakes. Second. Did you not see all the feedback from the Alpha gameplay a couple months back? They absolutely NAILED this remaster in every single way. I can't wait.
No I really did not. I honestly have been avoiding everything about this based off WC3. Just did not want to be let down again. You all have me excited though and it's great to hear this is on track to being great.

niilokin

personally I always enjoyed diablo 1 and 2 story. because of the brooding and dark tone of the games themselves the lore feels consistent with events you can experience, unlike in what WoW is doing now with writing trying to be light hearted and serious at the same time.

makaveli60

Back in its time I skipped this game totally as I almost only played fps games but I always liked its art. Just watched some trailers and I decided it‘s time to play it now. Will this contain the expansion(s)?

amigastar

Back in its time I skipped this game totally as I almost only played fps games but I always liked its art. Just watched some trailers and I decided it‘s time to play it now. Will this contain the expansion(s)?
yes, all classes will be available and and expansion Lord of Destruction

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

It does, yeah. Remember you're playing a 21 year old game, it will probably feel quite archaic to new players.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
im just saying we spend 100s of hours in diablo games and its not because of the cinematic story.
I'll only finish it once (or twice with a different class) for the story and atmosphere. 🤷‍♂️
Could care less about the grind. That's prolly also the reason why I hated Diablo 3.

anthraticus

Banned
Somewhat, but 3 went to far.

The first Diablo was a much simpler game and they made wonderful progress with the second one overall. Giving it much more variety in look and gameplay.
With Diablo 3 they showed that they didn't know or didn't cared of what the first games made so great. They maybe wanted to reinvent the wheel but failed to build upon the success.
Not that it had no success or was a bad game but in my eyes it doesn't deserve the name Diablo 3.

Whereas I love 1 and 2 equally. I could replay these every time. Not so much with Diablo 3.
I prefer 1 to 2.

Not only do I like the darker tone and atmosphere , but Roguelike-lite beats an MMO-lite any day for me.

Especially if we're talking SP....2 doesn't really work as well as a singleplayer game, there are too many areas that feel like filler.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don’t mind. I’m in quite a nostalgic mood nowadays so I’m looking forward to it

Nice, well, if you want a fun passive build to play, everyone on the planet will recommend Skellymancer. Summon tons of skeletons and blow up corpses.

If you'd rather get in the thick of it paladin is a good choice, even solo.

makaveli60

Nice, well, if you want a fun passive build to play, everyone on the planet will recommend Skellymancer. Summon tons of skeletons and blow up corpses.

If you'd rather get in the thick of it paladin is a good choice, even solo.
I mostly like characters that are good both in melee combat and in magic (especially attacking magic). In this case what do you recommend?

AV

I mostly like characters that are good both in melee combat and in magic (especially attacking magic). In this case what do you recommend?

As the guy said, hybrid druids can be cool.

AV

Also, I guess the TCP/IP stuff explains why there's no physical copies if it really is to do with anti-piracy. It'll be an always-online single player game which you ideally wouldn't sell in a box.

Top Bottom