• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Early Access Beta August 13th, Open Beta August 20th

Hari Seldon

Also, I guess the TCP/IP stuff explains why there's no physical copies if it really is to do with anti-piracy. It'll be an always-online single player game which you ideally wouldn't sell in a box.

I think you can still make an offline single player character. But not sure why you would want to because once Ladder launches that is the way to play. Or you can make an online character and play SP and MP with the same character.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Is this confirmed?

Offline play was "confirmed" like 6 months ago before we knew about the recent restrictions. I'm pretty certain this means DRM checks to make sure people aren't playing pirated versions of the game online, but don't quote me on it.

Fake

Offline play was "confirmed" like 6 months ago before we knew about the recent restrictions. I'm pretty certain this means DRM checks to make sure people aren't playing pirated versions of the game online, but don't quote me on it.
bad-deal-this-deal-is-getting-worse.gif

I haven't done that since high school. It was fun then. The thought of spending the night with a bunch of guys my age with some shitty sleep arrangement and total lack of sleep sounds terrible at my age.

I would immediately miss my Casper mattress and I do horrible nowadays on no sleep. I also can't play video games for like 12 hours straight anymore. I get burned out after a few hours.

EDIT: the only reason we had LAN parties back in the day was due to the limitations with internet of that time. We would have never gone through all that trouble if we had internet nearly as fast as the internet we have today.

I don't disagree, but back when I could sleep on the roof of a car and wake up feeling fine... those were good times.

There's a charm to the old school feel of LAN parties and getting together and playing. Like a club. Miss those days.

sendit

Are you a robot? Blizzard themselves are saying they aren't going to support it, the guy JUST showed you an official post

This game will support TCP/IP.

Additionally, 99% of the games released today support TCP/IP.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
I remember when Blizzard could take 10 years of development between sequels without having to find ways to squeeze pennies out of the customer base with these retreads.

Wont be shocked if there's a massive micro transaction UI associated with this remake. What this company defines as a great game is one they can keep making profits on, making an actual great game is the least of their concerns which is why they keep taking remakes rather than focusing on actual NEW games.

And of course the faster you preorder the faster you can be in the mouse wheel of their micro transactions, have fun....

I remember when Blizzard could take 10 years of development between sequels without having to find ways to squeeze pennies out of the customer base with these retreads.

Wont be shocked if there's a massive micro transaction UI associated with this remake. What this company defines as a great game is one they can keep making profits on, making an actual great game is the least of their concerns which is why they keep taking remakes rather than focusing on actual NEW games.

And of course the faster you preorder the faster you can be in the mouse wheel of their micro transactions, have fun....
Who hurt you?

Tg89

Brand
JahLoMalGul

Death
HelElVexOrtGul

Destruction
VexLoBerJahKo

Dream
IoJahPul

Dragon
SurLoSol

Edge
TirTalAmn

Faith
OhmJahLemEld

Fortitude
ElSolDolLo

Grief
EthTirLoMalRal

Harmony
TirIthSolKo

Ice
AmnShaelJahLo

Infinity
BerMalBerIst

Insight
RalTirTalSol

Last Wish
JahMalJahSurJahBer

Lawbringer
AmnLemKo

Oath
ShaelPulMalLum

Obedience
HelKoThulEthFal

Phoenix
VexVexLoJah

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

Spirit

TalThulOrtAmn

MAKE SURE NOT TO MAKE THESE WHILE PLAYING THE GAME (ON LAUNCH!). THESE ARE LADDER RUNEWORDS AND WON'T WORK! DON'T WASTE YOUR RUNES!
Man wtf for real?
Are they gonna be available in SP or are they taking the same approach as standard S2 (ie. SP is just non-ladder).

side note I finally found a monarch on my holy grail (or at least what was, not really gonna continue now) account and rolled a 34fcr spirit. Pretty happy but also 1 off of perfect which would have let me hit 105 without vipermagi.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Only issues I have with D2R is the censorship in a M rated game. And the fact it looks like the Assassin and the Amazon got punched in the face.

This game will support TCP/IP.

Additionally, 99% of the games released today support TCP/IP.
Something a bit odd has happened in the interim, however. Diablo 2: Resurrected has removed a promised feature that it said it was going to have, shedding it for “security” reasons. TCP/IP support:

Edit, This sucks.

Last edited:

Hydelol

Banned
Man wtf for real?
Are they gonna be available in SP or are they taking the same approach as standard S2 (ie. SP is just non-ladder).

side note I finally found a monarch on my holy grail (or at least what was, not really gonna continue now) account and rolled a 34fcr spirit. Pretty happy but also 1 off of perfect which would have let me hit 105 without vipermagi.
Ladder only runewords are only available in Single Player through mods like plugY. And I don't think they are going to change anything for us players to have it in base game.

Last edited:

Tg89

Ladder only runewords are only available in Single Player through mods like plugY. And I don't think they are going to change anything for us players to have it in base game.
Hmm, getting mixed info on this tbh. Reddit seems convinced that single player will be as ladder is now in terms of enemy tuning and rune words. Not sure about things like ubers and that. I know Plugy mods that into the game, hopefully not too long before Plugy is updated for d2r.

edit:

confirmed there by blizz community managers.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Top 3 Necro US-East reporting in! I cannot WAIT to play this game. Sadly it's the last Blizzard game I will support as it's technically still using the OLD engine with a facelift.

I got the gang back together to play! Going to be so cool to play fresh servers! Excited to make my first Runeword.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've never been this prepared

I'm so fucking ready to play. Everything ready.

TheMan

Am I dumb, where the hell do you install this? I played the Original Beta like 5 months ago. Wont let me access that... help.
When you click on the DIIR logo, on the left hand side of the app, near the bottom, you need to change game version to beta. Install, play, be merry

That's assuming you've preordered. This is not an open beta, it's only for preorders.

Last edited:

amigastar

I wait for the open Beta but for now i play Original Diablo 2 with Eastern Sun mod while i'm waiting. Good enough.
Original Diablo 2 still looks good today, it aged very well.

Last edited:

SaiyanRaoh

Been playing since they hit the green light. Ahhh, its like slipping into a comfortable pair of slippers after a long day. I've missed this. No performance issues or crashes of any kind so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom