• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters
I just found out that rewards for completing a Dungeon is the Codex of Powers system. You basically unlock an aspect (special passive attacks) by completing each dungeon. I like that. It's a nice motivation to actually finish a dungeon.
Anyways the graphics in Diablo 4 are just something else especially compared to D3.
umcy3t4yl6pa1.png
what a difference!

i never hated the "cartoony" vibe of D3 but the quality of the characters were awful. D4 is a huge step up.

Diablo Immortal has higher polycount characters. Goes to show how far along mobile phones have gotten with tech. D3 looks like an ancient mobile game.
yup.

there was a new Persona game announced for mobile in china and the graphics look much better than the PS4/PS5/PC version of Persona 5 Royal. I know Royal is a 3 year old game but still it's a mobile game and needs to run on phones.

edit: screenshots (1st + 3rd = mobile. 2nd + 4th = P5R on console)

qKuVyRh.jpg

iu

P5-Phantom-X-Screenshots-2.jpg

Persona-5-The-Royal-223767.jpg

Last edited:
It's 9 AM PDT, but I don't see any option within Battle.net to preload this beta? Is it somewhere else?

EDIT: It's there now.

Last edited:

amigastar

So i wanna try Diablo 2 Resurrected until the open beta drops but i have a few questions.
How long does it take in D2R to get decent drops? Will i have to play to Act 4 or does it happen earlier?
I wanted to install some drop mods but most of them are outdated. So that sucks. Are there any Drop mods still active?
I mostly have experience with Eastern Sun mod in Diablo 2 so i don't know exactly how D2R works. Maybe someone else has experience with D2R.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I just found out that rewards for completing a Dungeon is the Codex of Powers system. You basically unlock an aspect (special passive attacks) by completing each dungeon. I like that. It's a nice motivation to actually finish a dungeon.
Anyways the graphics in Diablo 4 are just something else especially compared to D3.
So i wanna try Diablo 2 Resurrected until the open beta drops but i have a few questions.
How long does it take in D2R to get decent drops? Will i have to play to Act 4 or does it happen earlier?
I wanted to install some drop mods but most of them are outdated. So that sucks. Are there any Drop mods still active?
I mostly have experience with Eastern Sun mod in Diablo 2 so i don't know exactly how D2R works. Maybe someone else has experience with D2R.

Yeah, I went ahead and unlocked two druid powers via dungeons so that I don't have to do them next weekend. Pretty awesome.

As for mods for D2R. Check out Nexus mods. I am using the one that combines Two mods and you change them out via the built in launcher. I think it's called Vanilla plus and the other slips my mind. I mean you can even get one that gives you charms that gives you level 20 auras lol. There are all kinds.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I was watching Alkaizer on Twitch, he had an item that caused dust devils as he was whirlwinding. They look So much better in D4 than D3.
I saw his stream after the beta ended and he was able to put together the build that I was theorycrafting and trying to attain. Very slick.

One of the main components of my D3 perma whirlwind build was that my dust devils procc'ed fury generation and cooldown reduction, which is why I was able to sustain 100% uptime. It doesn't appear to be the case in D4, but there seem to be enough other effects on gear to make up for it. The D4 dust devils appear to not contribute much in the way of overall DPS or build viability, but that is subject to more testing.

DavidGzz

I saw his stream after the beta ended and he was able to put together the build that I was theorycrafting and trying to attain. Very slick.

One of the main components of my D3 perma whirlwind build was that my dust devils procc'ed fury generation and cooldown reduction, which is why I was able to sustain 100% uptime. It doesn't appear to be the case in D4, but there seem to be enough other effects on gear to make up for it. The D4 dust devils appear to not contribute much in the way of overall DPS or build viability, but that is subject to more testing.

Yeah, mostly cosmetic but I bet there will legendary powers that will augment them in the full release. I hope so.

I got the sorc and Barb to 25 and the Rogue to 15 and i have to say i was having fun the whole time.

Was a little worried about the Barb until later i got some gear that worked with my build and i almost think it become more powerful than my Sorc.

Rogue felt powerful at all times to me.Unfortunately i have to work this weekend so probably wont get to play much.

amigastar

Yeah, I went ahead and unlocked two druid powers via dungeons so that I don't have to do them next weekend. Pretty awesome.

As for mods for D2R. Check out Nexus mods. I am using the one that combines Two mods and you change them out via the built in launcher. I think it's called Vanilla plus and the other slips my mind. I mean you can even get one that gives you charms that gives you level 20 auras lol. There are all kinds.
I've installed Vanilla Plus and edited a textfile so i get drops and i have bigger inventory. Now the fun can begin.

DavidGzz

Sure but that guy wouldn't be happy with D4 unless it was D2R-2. Sucks to be that way. I'll be enjoying the hell out of the game while he gives it a 5.5/10. He called it Diablo 3.5. That's all I needed to hear to disregard him, especially since he loathed D3 and I liked it a lot in the end. His own chat gives him crap for being a huge D2 fanboy who is old man yelling at clouds. He acknowledges that he would have to shift his whole way of thinking to like the game. He even nitpicks the graphics and it's the prettiest game in the genre.

winjer

Gold Member

Several people who took part in the Diablo 4 early access beta have claimed that the game bricked their graphics card, with dozens of user reports on various forums stating that their expensive GPU was fried while playing Blizzard's title. In the majority of instances, the RTX 3080 Ti was affected, most of which came from Gigabyte.

AJUMP23

I downloaded the demo for xbox. I hope to check it out this weekend. But a game that you purchase and having a queue that prevents you from playing is disturbing.

Kacho

Lots of good points here.

He does make some good points but those points are being made by just about everyone. He already touched on the lackluster dungeon designs in another video so he didn’t need to spend another 10 minutes hammering the same point. We get it.

Is anyone really expecting Diablo 2 streamers like Debrunski, SweetPhil, etc to switch over to Diablo 4 full time? I don’t see it happening.

treemk

Banned
what a difference!

i never hated the "cartoony" vibe of D3 but the quality of the characters were awful. D4 is a huge step up.
The characters are fine in gameplay, they just didn't put enough effort in the close up shots. Gameplay vs. gameplay is not nearly as drastic. More importantly, the D3 wizard is much prettier.

Last edited:

cripterion

umcy3t4yl6pa1.png

Dear lord.

Hot5pur

Seems they will be intentionally stressing the game and telling people to expect long queues. Like the queues are intentional. Last time it was about 2-3 hours, perhaps this time it will be longer. Working from home that day and slamming that play button when it drops lol, I swear if I get a disconnect error again....that's the worst

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Quin just uploaded an hour long video with bookmarks and no schtick. Gonna listen to what he has to say.

i kinda like him.

llamasc loves diablo 2 and he should really really shut the fuck up about any other diablo game.
nothing will ever be as good as diablo 2 for him. Iove diablo 2r and he can keep playing it.
I don't really get his point of view.. i rotate my diablo games.. play some 2... play some 3 and now also play some 4... these games will never bore me and i like each one in their own way.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
i kinda like him.

llamasc loves diablo 2 and he should really really shut the fuck up about any other diablo game.
nothing will ever be as good as diablo 2 for him. Iove diablo 2r and he can keep playing it.
I don't really get his point of view.. i rotate my diablo games.. play some 2... play some 3 and now also play some 4... these games will never bore me and i like each one in their own way.
Old ass D2 from 23 years ago was fun, but looking back archaic as hell. Even something like moving around those beetle tunnels in one of the acts was hit and miss.

D2:R added some QoL and was tidied up, but D3 is still a good game. D3 was just too rainbowy, but I still played it a ton. I played it way more than D2. D3 plays so smooth with a gamepad.

Cant wait to try D4 beta.

Last edited:

SScorpio

yup.

there was a new Persona game announced for mobile in china and the graphics look much better than the PS4/PS5/PC version of Persona 5 Royal. I know Royal is a 3 year old game but still it's a mobile game and needs to run on phones.

edit: screenshots (1st + 3rd = mobile. 2nd + 4th = P5R on console)

qKuVyRh.jpg

iu

P5-Phantom-X-Screenshots-2.jpg

Persona-5-The-Royal-223767.jpg
Are we sure those aren't per-rendered cut-scenes, or backgrounds?

There are other shots in the mobile trailer with the character moving through town that look much more like your #2 image, but with much simpler graphics.

And the 3D dungeon walls look very basic and flat in the trailer.

Fools idol

Banned
I fully agree with Krip on this

BETA for me was a 5/10 and honestly I think the gimmicky world boss stuff and difficulty scaling will really hurt the longevity for hardcore players. It's fine, I get that not everyone wants balls to the wall difficulty and complexity, but still would have been nice if they bumped things up a fair bit or at least give us the options / ability to filter if you play with noobs or not.

As for the long term end game, who knows at this point but I'm not too hopeful. I fully expect path of exile 2 to be the meal we need.

Kacho

Diablo 4 is definitely lacking in its current state. Some ideas work better than others, but they at least have a solid foundation to build on. It took years to get Reaper of Souls where it needed to be and I expect the same here. It takes hours of playing before people can give the devs meaningful feedback.

Top Bottom