• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

Gudji

Curious about the PvP and if its any good. Also I wonder if one weekend is enough to reach lvl 20 and get those rewards (ain't buying the game before playing).

SScorpio

They recommend you use a SSD with this game. I realized that after installing to a regular HD and had to re-install.

People are still using HDDs in none mass network storage/backup scenarios in 2023? 1TB 2.5 SSD drives are $40, 512GB ~$25. I've excised spinning rust out of my devices other than my server. That includes solid state devices on a Pentium running DOS, PS2, PS3, etc.

It's time to move on especially with modern games. You don't need expensive NVME drives that have 7GB/s transfer speed. Just SATA 3 2.5" SSD that can do 500MB/s is a massive improvement. Cheap SD cards can max out the interfaces on old devices which had 10-20MB/s transfers, but the instant sync times are very noticeable.

DavidGzz

Downloaded on PC and XSX. I wonder if mouse and keyboard will work on console. Wtf, Lilith is winning. Evil bastards(simps). I guess she can win but once the paladin DLC comes out, good will triumph.

omegasc

Downloaded on PC and XSX. I wonder if mouse and keyboard will work on console. Wtf, Lilith is winning. Evil bastards(simps). I guess she can win but once the paladin DLC comes out, good will triumph.
It's been confirmed for PS5 at least. I don't think Series S|X will be left out.

edit: apparently this confirmation was edited out of the US blog post, but it is still present in the Brazilian one.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Logged into O2 Priority to look at Interpol tickets. Ended up with D4 beta. Great success.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
4 player "groups" for the beta, got the PS5 and PC versions loaded and ready to go.

Looking for some gaffers to squish some demons with. If anyone has experience creating LFG threads it would be great to have one up tomorrow, around oh I dunno...12PM CST.

bought the ultimate edition. £89.99. downloading the beta pre load now. don't think i've spent this much on a game since Persona 5 Royal Ultimate Edition.

p32U39V.jpg

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
4 player "groups" for the beta, got the PS5 and PC versions loaded and ready to go.

Looking for some gaffers to squish some demons with. If anyone has experience creating LFG threads it would be great to have one up tomorrow, around oh I dunno...12PM CST.

we have a gaf discord, but then again not everybody wants to use discord...

Krathoon

Gold Member
It am thinking about taking a couple of hours of PTO and playing some when it starts. Either that or flex some time. I would like to see it just when people get online.

Luipadre

Gold Member
why is this looks like D3 here? Hopefully its just a fucked up video filter/bitrate stuff. I think the UI still looks garbage sadly

i cant stand these type of marketings tho. Maybe im just old

Last edited:

TVexperto

why is this looks like D3 here? Hopefully its just a fucked up video filter/bitrate stuff. I think the UI still looks garbage sadly

what the fuck is that UI?????? looks like a mobile game in the worst way possible

Bartski

Gold Member

Those overlays OMFG the UI is a total clusterfuck, what the hell happened???

Luipadre

Gold Member
UI will be cleaner in solo play but still looks bad :D

I love how the UI improved nothing since they first showed off the game 3 years ago :D

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

UI isn't bothering me that much at all,. But we also didn't see the UI in a TON of videos, so I'm sure they're expecting some kind of feedback. At least I'd imagine so. Hopefully they listen, take notes, and make some changes so people are happy.

SRTtoZ

You know I don't want to be a meanie but as I have been binge watching D4 videos lately, I noticed that the UI and icons in general have looked VERY mobile gamey. Especially the icons that are on the mini map. They're just like, BAD art style wise. Diablo 3 had much better skill icons and icons in general. Honestly at least that's something that can be fixed. If they nail the gameplay, the maps and all of that shit, then I won't complain much. Now if they fuck up everything else then I'll complain about EVERY LITTLE THING.

Freeman76

I was so addicted to D3. Platted it on PS4 and enjoyed every second.

What concerns me with this one, is it like Destiny in the sense that little fucks will be running around killing mobs before I can get to them or is it a solo experience like D3 where you can drop in/out?

I'm sure I saw footage of like a world boss type thing where everyone gathered to kill it. I love that idea in a Diablo game, but I dont like the idea of sharing the world with other players. There will be major hotspots where people gather to get specific drops, I have visions of WoW where everything is dead cos a million little cunts swarm to the same place 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Nydius

Gold Member
is ps plus required for solo play ?
I haven’t seen anyone answer you yet:

Yes, you’ll need PS Plus, even if you’re playing solo since the game is always online. The game card on the PS Store states as much (PS Plus needed for online play. Online play required.)

Rush2112

Banned
Has anyone gotten the beta from buying a KFC sandwich? I mean that’s some disgusting shit but I think I can afford to buy one for the code and then donate it to a stray animal.

Last edited:

Esca

Has anyone gotten the beta from buying a KFC sandwich? I mean that’s some disgusting shit but I think I can afford to buy one for the code and then donate it to a stray animal.
Save your money and an animal don't buy that shit. Pre order on Amazon get code cancel pre order

.Pennywise

Banned

Is the console version botched or what? Maybe this is like low-low graphics+coop in Series S?

This is how it actually looks (same dungeon)

Esca

Is there a benefit from preordering on Amazon rather than from the Battlenet client itself?
I have no idea if there is any difference. I just know you won't have any issues doing it with Amazon since that's what most do. No idea how battle net be no issue or not. I would think not but these days who knows anymore for sure

drotahorror

How do you find this on the Xbox store? This is maddening.

Tried diablo beta. diablo open. diablo open beta. diablo.

Only thing that comes up is "Diablo 4 choose edition" and then the 3 Diablo editions.

Found it on xbox.com using a browser and was able to install via that.

MS need to get their shit together. Just got a xbox for the fuck of it and even the resident evil demo was kind of stupid to find.

Shouldn't be hard to find demos. Put the demo with the listing of the game like a normal storefront.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Gold Member
Battle.net store might not let you cancel your order. They probably take the money and run. Some businesses do that.

DavidGzz

That console video looks bad because of the colors under their feet due to console co-op and the colors are too vibrant. Probably a setting we can fix on our end. Plus for some reason they keep zooming in making it look more pixelated. It will be fine.

Top Bottom