• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

DavidGzz

Well if I'm able to log into both I will be able to check out the differences between Xbox series X and the PC version on a 1660ti. I never heard anybody complain that played the closed beta on console about the colors being that ridiculous.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Essentially, the idea behind Diablo 4 is to make a huge open world Diablo. So, it may be worth the money.

You need to use mounts in this game.

TVexperto

is progress cross-plattform?

i want to start playing on pc and then continue with character on ps5 (Have 2 beta keys for each redeemed)

Krathoon

Gold Member
Does Diablo use any Christian lore? It seems like it uses it's own lore, but borrows names.

Last edited:
PSA, if you were thinking about picking up Wolcen to scratch that arpg itch till D4's official release, stay far, far away.
The port is a buggy mess with one of the worst ui's I've ever seen. No native ps5 support at all either.

Hot5pur

Watching the developer playthrough....it looks like...yikes
We'll see. I am still hopeful it will be quite good and scratch that D1/2 itch. Hopefully it's quite different from the visual spam of 3.

begotten

Oh no, what I've been reading and hearing from people whose opinion on Diablo I trust - it doesn't sound very good.

Hot5pur

PSA, if you were thinking about picking up Wolcen to scratch that arpg itch till D4's official release, stay far, far away.
The port is a buggy mess with one of the worst ui's I've ever seen. No native ps5 support at all either.
That sucks.
I have played the PC version since launch, and despite the issues it's my favorite ARPG at the moment.
Really good animations and combat feel, and decent story. Also a lot of work went into the endgame recently.
If people are on PC it's worth picking up, there are some bugs, but the game is quite good.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Cant wait to try this in about an hour and a half. Hope we aren’t doing a repeat of the overwatch 2 garbage server queue like when it launched.

begotten

Give us the highlights, what's wrong with it?

Basically the itemization is still trash (similar to D3) and it's more MMO Lite so gameplay loop is just boring. The way gear upgrades too sounds boring.

Haven't played it myself, just the general gist.

But I will say as someone who was super excited for it, it's a bit discouraging seeing my favourite streamer who was an iconic Diablo player, show no enthusiasm for the game whatsoever.

.Pennywise

Banned
Basically the itemization is still trash (similar to D3) and it's more MMO Lite so gameplay loop is just boring. The way gear upgrades too sounds boring.

Haven't played it myself, just the general gist.

But I will say as someone who was super excited for it, it's a bit discouraging seeing my favourite streamer who was an iconic Diablo player, show no enthusiasm for the game whatsoever.
The itemization is not like Diablo 3. I don't know what people are saying that, but it's not the case.

Diablo 3 relied on Set Items, you either wore a set item or you were absolutely underpowered. Set items are the most OP stuff in D3, so you couldn't do your own build that doesn't use a set item.

And Diablo 4 doesn't have set items. At least at launch, they prolly make them available in new seasons, just like runes. But that thing alone, makes the world of difference.

And talking about runes. Don't know if this is coming from Diablo 2 people, but I know them wanting everything to be Diablo 2. They got their resurrected stuff but they still want DIablo 3 and 4 to be Diablo 2 too. They just want their endgame loop of endless repetition in scavenging for runes, runes. runes, runes, runes and more runes.
Diablo 2 fans cannot fathom the idea that for some people (could be MORE people) to be more compelled by Diablo 3 endgame loop where it actually encourages you to do different stuff in all the world even being as crippled as it is with the Set Items dominating the meta.

If anything, up to this point, Diablo 4 is a mix of D2 and D3.

Last edited:

amigastar

The itemization is not like Diablo 3. I don't know what people are saying that, but it's not the case.

Diablo 3 relied on Set Items, you either wore a set item or you were absolutely underpowered. Set items are the most OP stuff in D3, so you couldn't do your own build that doesn't use a set item.

And Diablo 4 doesn't have set items. At least at launch, they prolly make them available in new seasons, just like runes. But that thing alone, makes the world of difference.

And talking about runes. Don't know if this is coming from Diablo 2 people, but I know them wanting everything to be Diablo 2. They got their resurrected stuff but they still want DIablo 3 and 4 to be Diablo 2 too. They just want their endgame loop of endless repetition in scavenging for runes, runes. runes, runes, runes and more runes.
Diablo 2 fans cannot fathom the idea that for some people (could be MORE people) to be more compelled by Diablo 3 endgame loop where it actually encourages you to do different stuff in all the world even being as crippled as it is with the Set Items dominating the meta.

If anything, up to this point, Diablo 4 is a mix of D2 and D3.
One thing D3 actually did well was the feeling of slaying demons. I'm glad D4 still has that in it. I'm absolutely positive it will be better than D3.
Anyway just one hour left to closed beta.

Last edited:
That sucks.
I have played the PC version since launch, and despite the issues it's my favorite ARPG at the moment.
Really good animations and combat feel, and decent story. Also a lot of work went into the endgame recently.
If people are on PC it's worth picking up, there are some bugs, but the game is quite good.

I played it at launch on pc as well, and enjoyed the little that I played. For some reason, it made my gpu run as hot as the sun, HBS Battletech game did the same thing.

sendit

Just saw this in my feed. The response to the beta will be fun to watch.
He catches himself "You have to keep in mind, console players......they dont....." and doesn't finish what he wanted to say:

Last edited:

Luipadre

Gold Member
Dunno why anyone is surprised. Its a popular franchise, most will hate the beta, bitch and moan about all the shit they hate, and still buy it

especially twitch will be a cesspool, well its always is :D

"content creators" will shit on it for the views, hivemind chat follows the same trend

cormack12

Gold Member
Only watched the first few minutes, seems like he's really trying to dislike it to go with the current outrage cycle

Kacho

T minus 10 minutes until dissaster
Hip Hop Reaction GIF

marjo

You can bet they aren’t, but that’s ok - they need to be in 3 hours when I will play.

Asmon is very knowledgeable about game design and what makes GAAS games fun.
That may be, but I don't care. I refuse to deal with anyone posting those stupid thumbnails. They can all crawl back from wherever they came from.

Top Bottom