• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

SRTtoZ

Battle.net store might not let you cancel your order. They probably take the money and run. Some businesses do that.
No they do. In fact you can do it without talking to a single human. There is an automated system for refunding. How do I know? I cancelled my order the other day for the Ultimate Edition to buy the PS5 version. Yes, I re-ordered the PC version b/c I want to try the beta before I cancel it again lol.

SRTtoZ

Is the console version botched or what? Maybe this is like low-low graphics+coop in Series S?

This is how it actually looks (same dungeon)

All I know is this is what I hope D4 looks like. Not whatever the fuck is in that new video that was just posted on the Diablo 4 channel. And not to be mean, but why do they still put out couch coop games in 2023? That's shit like dead in this internet age where everyone plays coop over the internet, not next to each other.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This is set up to be my personal GOTY so to finally get my hands on it is amazing.

I’m going to play rogue and sorc to 10, then Druid to 25 next beta.

That way I know which of the 3 to be on launch .

clarky

Gold Member
All I know is this is what I hope D4 looks like. Not whatever the fuck is in that new video that was just posted on the Diablo 4 channel. And not to be mean, but why do they still put out couch coop games in 2023? That's shit like dead in this internet age where everyone plays coop over the internet, not next to each other.
Your arguing against a feature? Just because you've got no mates doesn't mean everyone else has to miss out.

.Pennywise

Banned
I think as per tradition I'll open my new Diablo experience with the Barb this weekend (maybe also Rogue if I have time).

Next beta is for my boy Necro.

See ya all tomorrow in Sanctuary or in server error notification

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks good.

I'm not a couch coop gamer as it's just me at home, but I support couch coop. Families like to play together. I can understand shooter games maybe ditching it if the split screen gameplay sucks and perhaps research shows nobody wants to play on half a screen, but I think just about any game with MP should have local play support.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah. I am hoping this beta will actually work and not crash out of the gate. Hoping it will not be a clusterfuck.
Fully braced for this to shit the bed tomorrow and end up playing the day after, but that wont stop me from sitting in/booted from the que all tomorrow. Whiskey is at the ready.

How do you find this on the Xbox store? This is maddening.

Tried diablo beta. diablo open. diablo open beta. diablo.

Only thing that comes up is "Diablo 4 choose edition" and then the 3 Diablo editions.

Found it on xbox.com using a browser and was able to install via that.

MS need to get their shit together. Just got a xbox for the fuck of it and even the resident evil demo was kind of stupid to find.

Shouldn't be hard to find demos. Put the demo with the listing of the game like a normal storefront.

Drives me crazy too how unbelievably bad the Xbox store is. Can't find shit easily, asks me to update it everything i turn the Xbox on, reading reviews is a pain in the ass as it doesn't remember my preferences, it can be slow as fuck etc

And it's been this way for YEARS

I've always been able to do this but I warn you not to do it on ps5 unless you want to deal with Sonys bullshit customer service. They make it almost impossible to cancel a pre order online. Instead you will have to call and be on hold for at least 45 min.

Sony can go fuck themselves

GenericUser

So i got a code (xbox) and tried it to redeem it on my xbox. Turns out, it doesn't work this way. You have to visit battle.net (https://diablo4.blizzard.com/en-en/beta), put in the code, select your platform and THEN you get the code for your system.

I was about to get crazy lol. I flew to new zeeland just to play the beta early! downloading right now: 67 gigabytes.

Cna I pre-order on Xbox, play beta and then cancel my pre-order?
It works, yes. I preordered the physical version on amazon, used the code and now cancelled my preorder.

Last edited:

acidagfc

I'm about to preorder this as my 3rd preorder in my life. Previous 2 were ME: Andromeda and Destiny 1. Hopefully 3rd times the charm and may God have mercy on my soul.
Dude, wtf, no, it was clearly your fault, stop ruining things for everyone!

I jest, but please don't jinx this.

DavidGzz

I work until 7am central so that only gives me time for a 2.5 hour nap. I might ask one of my kids to boot it up at 11am to see if she can even get in before waking me up lol

gothmog

Gold Member
I'm about to preorder this as my 3rd preorder in my life. Previous 2 were ME: Andromeda and Destiny 1. Hopefully 3rd times the charm and may God have mercy on my soul.
Destiny was awesome at launch for the time. It just suffered from old school MMO weakness of having no endgame at launch.

Last edited:
Please no one listen to this man. BRING COUCH CO OP BACK

amigastar

I just hope there won't be any kind of monetization. Leave that shit to Diablo Immortal.
But i'm excited for the game.

Last edited:

Raphael

I preordered and still don't have the code from the retailer and the support are abssolutely dense. Goddamn. Think i will have to cancel and order somewhere else. If i order today will i still get the code?

j0hnnix

Pre-order through Amazon, see if I get a code. Finally arm feels better after surgery so want to just play something to kill time.

Last edited:

zomboden

Banned
That console video looks bad because of the colors under their feet due to console co-op and the colors are too vibrant. Probably a setting we can fix on our end. Plus for some reason they keep zooming in making it look more pixelated. It will be fine.
The colors kind of remind me of a bad HDR implementation. ESO had/has an issue where HDR causes all kinds of issues like purple snow that should be white. Just weird oversaturated colors.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Please be good. Im on so much copium with this one. Every footage except that weird console coop one looked amazing to me.

Mephisto40

That console co-op footage is horrendous tbh

How do these two videos look like the same game?

Are we sure those guys aren't playing Diablo immortal?

Last edited:

CGNoire

Looks good.

I'm not a couch coop gamer as it's just me at home, but I support couch coop. Families like to play together. I can understand shooter games maybe ditching it if the split screen gameplay sucks and perhaps research shows nobody wants to play on half a screen, but I think just about any game with MP should have local play support.
How?
Modern day half screens have multiple times more screen realestate than previous generations entire screens.

Last edited:

Monokrom

20230317-123922.jpg

So yeah, I'm ready! :)

Top Bottom