• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV | Review Thread

What score do you think Diablo IV will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 10 -20%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 -30%

• 30-40%

• 40 -50%

• 50-60%

• 60-70%

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • 80-90%

Votes: 163 55.8%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 82 28.1%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topher

Gold Member
Even for an always online game? I mean, I can see the disc itself being resold for a little bit but isn't the game code or whatever tied to your Battle.net account? I know D3 was handled differently for consoles but I thought D4 is the same across all platforms.

No, if that were the case it wouldn’t be available for rent from GameFly

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Hoping high 80s I got it for free but I'm still very much looking forward to it....when I'll get to it I have no idea...too many amazing games.....

Nico_D

Somewhere between 70-80%, closer to 80.

Guessing:
- Connection problems.
- Nothing new.
- Open world cliches.
- Story isn't that interesting.

Preordered the Friday edition. Loved the beta and know I’ll have a good time for the hundred hours. That shop and battle pass is going to put me right off though. I imagine it will look just like Warzone. Every time you boot up the game, splash screens for the most retarded looking gear ever.

I really fucking hope that they don’t money hat legendaries and other gear. That’ll be the final straw for me.

what is going on with the release date? the timer says 8 hours, but the game is not out until June 6th?
Thats for the review. Then you can play the game on June 1st on Thursday if you have the version that gives you early access. June 6th is the regular release.

Last edited:

ssringo

No, if that were the case it wouldn’t be available for rent from GameFly
Yeah, that's what I'm not understanding. Do console users just make a free battle.net account and whatever Blizzard game disc they happen to have they can play regardless of where or how they got it? Nothing gets registered or tied to the account?

I do not play multi-player games on console. I genuinely do not know how stuff like this works for ya'll.

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah, that's what I'm not understanding. Do console users just make a free battle.net account and whatever Blizzard game disc they happen to have they can play regardless of where or how they got it? Nothing gets registered or tied to the account?

I do not play multi-player games on console. I genuinely do not know how stuff like this works for ya'll.

I'm not certain how that works. I generally just play the single player.

Mephisto40

You have to link your battle net account to your console account, then all the progression is just saved on your battle net account

I don't care. I've had the ultimate edition preordered for a while now. The beta was fun and I know that's like not even a quarter of the tutorial story campaign but I have a good feeling and can't wait to jump in and experience the full game. My life is over as soon as early access comes out this Friday!

Little Mac

First game in a while where I don't care about the review score. Played all the betas and had a blast. Can't wait to start collecting alters, building my character, and absorbing the story.

Just like every diablo game before it, it will improve dramatically over time. Regardless, I predict critics give it an 85.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It's not a Sony or Nintendo game so no shilling. 70-80 is my guess.

So if it is higher than that......shilling? Just trying to understand warrior logic.

The Office Smile GIF

Last edited:

kikkis

It's kind of weird that games i really dont like get sometimes 80+ reviews. Usually if game gets 80+ reviews I like it at least to some degree.

PeteBull

Played 20h of beta, im longterm diablo and hack&slash genre fanatic, realistically i think game gonna get 80-90% and i voted for that but ofc if i voted with my heart, and if endgame is solid i would hope for 90-95% score.

I might be bit biased coz for example d2r which only got this https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii-resurrected and lol userscore- dunno even who would reviewbomb it, but i played well over 1500 hours including online, offline and mods, and to me since no game is 10/10 lets just give it 9,5/10 :p

TLDR d4 to me is nowhere near as legendary as d1/d2, but has potential to be better from d3, but i only played measily 20h so cant give proper score yet :p

VS ur usual AAA game im sure it is at least good/very good game worst case scenario, if some1 likes the genre ofc- here i hope for some sanity and sites not giving game to dildo reviewers, man can dream :p

Last edited:
Easily gonna be the best in the series.

I reckon 92
Yeah, this seems much better than Diablo 3 and it seems people are forgetting how well that reviewed and how many copies have been sold.

Diablo 3 got an 88 MC score and has sold 30m+ copies which puts it about the same as Skyrim and Breath of the Wild

I think D4 is going to be in the 90s. it might lose some points depending on how aggressive the MTX/battlepass situation is.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Played 20h of beta, im longterm diablo and hack&slash genre fanatic, realistically i think game gonna get 80-90% and i voted for that but ofc if i voted with my heart, and if endgame is solid i would hope for 90-95% score.

I might be bit biased coz for example d2r which only got this https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii-resurrected and lol userscore- dunno even who would reviewbomb it, but i played well over 1500 hours including online, offline and mods, and to me since no game is 10/10 lets just give it 9,5/10 :p

TLDR d4 to me is nowhere near as legendary as d1/d2, but has potential to be better from d3, but i only played measily 20h so cant give proper score yet :p

VS ur usual AAA game im sure it is at least good/very good game worst case scenario, if some1 likes the genre ofc- here i hope for some sanity and sites not giving game to dildo reviewers, man can dream :p

The problem is, most ppl who played D2 at the time it came out have a very different view on it. At the time it was all pretty new, and there were not many games around like it. Those people have serious nostalgia for it, which blinds a lot of people. I played hundreds of hours of Goldeneye on N64, but playing the recent re-release was only cool for reliving those gaming memories, its been done much better since but no shooter rivals that feeling I had playing it on release on the 64.

I never played D2 back when it came out, I started with D3 which I played for 600 hours plus and loved every second. I bought D2R on release and really didnt like it. A lot of the systems are archaic at this point, and it felt like a chore I gave up and uninstalled it around act 4. If I was to review it, I wouldnt give it above 70. Thats just my take but I can def see why it reviewed poorly.

Top Bottom