• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2 is getting a Diablo IV Crossover

Draugoth

Gold Member
Overwatch 2's next season, Rise of Darkness, will kick off October 10, and it's bringing with it what looks to be a crossover with Blizzard's own Diablo IV just in time for Halloween.

0d968c35695b713187cf040c372f430f.jpg

A Lilith skin in Overwatch 2 isn't the first time Blizzard's dark fantasy franchise has crossed over with its FPS. A number of other Diablo skins have been added over the years, including Demon Hunter Sombra, Butcher Roadhog, and Barbarian Zarya. Other Blizzard franchises are also represented in Overwatch 2 in the form of World of Warcraft-themed skins for Doomfist and Torbjorn, as well as a StarCraft skin for Widowmaker.

Overwatch 2 isn't even the only Activision Blizzard-made FPS to get a Diablo crossover. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is rumored to be receiving a Diablo IV crossover of its own later this month, when it will introduce Lilith and the fallen angel Inarius as playable Operators, complete with their own unique finishing moves.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Overwatch already has two Diablo skins, so this isn’t the first time they’ve done something like this. There are also a bunch of WoW skins and at least two StarCraft.

Laieon

I wish it were the other way around. Love DIV, it's a masterpiece of a game, but I couldn't care less about Overwatch anymore between the drastic changes between 1 & 2 and my favorite characters getting reworked to the point where they no longer play anywhere near what they used to.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I wish it were the other way around. Love DIV, it's a masterpiece of a game, but I couldn't care less about Overwatch anymore between the drastic changes between 1 & 2 and my favorite characters getting reworked to the point where they no longer play anywhere near what they used to.

Masterpiece of a game? The writing is all over the fucking place, but mostly bad. The graphics are nice and a lot of the Boss fights were good, but the game is piss poor easy and EXTREMELY repetitive and fucking barren when it comes to social interaction. I have the collector's, which was a gift from someone who work at ABK, I feel bad for how I feel, but at least she thought my opinion was honest criticism. Not something to beat the devs over, just because. I really wanted this game to succeed, especially after beating it all the way through, but... nope.

Laieon

Masterpiece of a game? The writing is all over the fucking place, but mostly bad. The graphics are nice and a lot of the Boss fights were good, but the game is piss poor easy and EXTREMELY repetitive and fucking barren when it comes to social interaction. I have the collector's, which was a gift from someone who work at ABK, I feel bad for how I feel, but at least she thought my opinion was honest criticism. Not something to beat the devs over, just because. I really wanted this game to succeed, especially after beating it all the way through, but... nope.

I prefer easy games, so we just have different preferences. :)

I understand why some folks don't like it, but humans aren't a monolith and differing opinions ultimately don't affect mine. Plenty of hard games out there that I'm sure you'd love that I don't, like FromSoft's library post-Demon Souls or whatever Roguelike-of-the-Week is big right now.

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
One night I was drunk as shit and put the new Overwatch on. I managed about 4 minutes before passing out in disgust.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I’m just sitting here waiting for the new sombra and Roadhog reworks in season 7.

My friend who has heavily got into OW2 the last two seasons and is a Moria main will absolutely love the new skin though.

Top Bottom