• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV | Review Thread

What score do you think Diablo IV will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 10 -20%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 -30%

• 30-40%

• 40 -50%

• 50-60%

• 60-70%

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • 80-90%

Votes: 163 55.8%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 82 28.1%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 12 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diffusionx

Gold Member
I am skipping Diablo 4, but when it comes to reviews/MC of this game I really don't think it is relevant. I am reminded of Destiny 2 which had a way better first 5-10 hours, it got great reviews at launch based on that, but it completely fell apart afterwards which was where all but the most casual of fans lived. These studios know how these sites review these games and they know to polish up that beginning really nice and focus on that. If the endgame is a disaster that will be way more relevant to fans than the first 5 hours.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Holy shit

20ugegZ.png

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
. . .these reviews are completely unsurprising given the beta.

It's not a journalist game so I expect something in the mid 80s. Diablo 2 also had mid to high 80s when it came out.

Are we so far down the "lolz journalists" rabbit hole that we're expecting journalists to have a trouble with an ARPG's campaign on Normal difficulty?

If anyone has questions - I am free to take them. Fire away! I did finish the game on Hardcore during a review session as a Barbarian hit level 52 before getting killed.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
If anyone has questions - I am free to take them. Fire away! I did finish the game on Hardcore during a review session as a Varbarian hit level 52 before getting killed.
How is it for solo campaign with end game matchmaking?
Do the world events spawn in then everyone just meets like ashava?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
If anyone has questions - I am free to take them. Fire away! I did finish the game on Hardcore during a review session as a Varbarian hit level 52 before getting killed.
I haven't watched your review yet so you may have touched on it but how was performance?

hinch7

Voted 90+, so off one point lol. Whats going on with these actually decent releases? Can't wait.

Not sure whether to upgrade mine to deluxe edition to play 4 days early.

Last edited:

Ic3man

Really? Awww man I hate games that force you to be online even when you are playing offline...ugh...but i still think I'll buy it after seeing these scores.
Unfortunately, Diablo 4 is not playable offline so you’ll need to be connected to the internet even if you only want to play it solo. This also means that the world you jump into will be shared with other players so don’t be surprised if you see other users running around from time to time.

Additionally, those on console will also need to be subscribed to their respective platform’s online service to play the game.

tmlDan

Down in the 80's now (88), still looking forward to it since I got that deluxe edition preordered.

Can't Wait!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
How good was what? Lol watch the review you silly goose. Or are you asking how good was the Barbarian?
How did the Barb feel end game?

Think my first playthrough I am going Rogue but afraid he might be a little squishy at super high levels but Barb will likely be my 2nd "main"

Karak

I am holding off on this one. So many issues with review stuff and confusion, save wipes, and connections. The closer we got, the more things got jumbled and then it bumped up against 3 indie games I promised to review so I said screw it.

Last edited:
How did the Barb feel end game?

Think my first playthrough I am going Rogue but afraid he might be a little squishy at super high levels but Barb will likely be my 2nd "main"
Barb felt decent, I played on T1 on Hardcore. T2 is NOT worth it early game, T2 is only good when you're making a second character and you already have a to of extra talent points earned from the renown by doing dungeons/lilith shrines. The real game begins around level 50 after you hit Tier 3, that's where the REAL BIG upgrades come in.

Managed to kill the Butcher TWICE on hardcore with my Barbarian, but I had a very defensive build with Call of the Ancients carrying the damage. Barbarian/Rogue will be my 2 mains.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Interesting to hear about the endgame being quite good: I was kind of left cold on the endgame video they put out, but the IGN review (that overall is some spectacularly bad writing, or video game written reviews don't translate well to audio reviews) has me quite interested in the post-campaign grind and whether it'll be able to sustain itself (it looks like it will).

Top Bottom