• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did the White House Help Plan the Syrian Chemical Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
ITT people act as if the US would never do anything shady to reach a goal or protect their interests. It's like these people actually believe the US went after Iraq because of WMDs.

The US has been doing shady shit for well over a hundred years...and will continue to do so.

That said, I'll keep an open mind on this chem attack and wait to see how it plays out. But as of now, blame could go either way.

It's kinda odd that Yossef Bodansky would suddenly write his very first article for this conspiracy site(which happens to publish books about the New World Order and the Globalization Conspiracy). Especially considering he hasn't written anything in 6 years:p

Just putting it out there.

New conspiracy, this is not Yossef Bodansky at all.

Tamanon

Banned
ITT people act as if the US would never do anything shady to reach a goal or protect their interests. It's like these people actually believe the US went after Iraq because of WMDs.

The US has been doing shady shit for well over a hundred years...and will continue to do so.

That said, I'll keep an open mind on this chem attack and wait to see how it plays out. But as of now, blame could go either way.

I think there's a little difference between "shady shit" and "gassing over a thousand people to launch rockets at a country we don't care about".

Wouldn't it be easier just to SAY it happened rather than actually doing it?

I mean, assuming the crackpot theory supported by the OP is true.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This is a fairly astute post.

This attack not being a false flag doesn't necessarily preclude our government being absolutely giddy that we get to go to war again.

Which, again, is what the article actually postulates, in stark contrast to the OP's headline.

DarkFlow

Banned

Yeah the U.S. does do some shady shit, as do all country's really. I just don't think hitting kids with nerve gas is high on the list of things we would do.

akira28

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

Everything isn't a conspiracy. But some people trade in conspiracy and secret actions for a living. So...what do you want? To imagine that these unlikely things never happen? To imagine that they happen all the time? Of course picking either one would be folly.

More reason for the administration to back off and really dig through the evidence.
I think it was either a sect of terrorists in the rebels army or some higher up who sees defeat and went to the extreme as to kill the people to get international support. Who did it? we my never know.
Why would Assad use gas when he is finally winning? Knowing full well that Obama is itching to look tough on a situation he has been so weak on. That he has done nothing about but sit on the fence.

crozier

While not a false flag, I do believe that the White House jumped at opportunity to launch an attack given that our limited support of the rebels leading up to this was insufficient and Assad was starting to gain ground.

Anustart

I bet they did! I also believe that the White House was in on Fukushima thing. That whole mess was just a ploy so the US government could harvest tons of irradiated water to grow aliens with.

SUPREME1

Banned
I think there's a little difference between "shady shit" and "gassing over a thousand people to launch rockets at a country we don't care about".

Lmao, "country we don't care about"? The US would love to control every country surrounding Iran. Guess what, they have no influence over Syria... that's Russian territory.

Again, that said, this attack is still up for debate.

Wait and see on my end.

Yup, we're totally fucking evil.

You have to be kidding...
e5YuU.gif

sh4mike

Conspiracy theorists may be right in cases where only 3-5 people at the top are involved. But suggesting the U.S. would set this up is silly. There would have to be 100+ folks involved, and at least one of them would whistle given the moral complication. Anonymous whistling is easy these days.

One uncovering of this level of immoral behavior would topple the government, which is why folks up top would never consider something this brash.

The U.S. will never play a role in gassing kids -- print it.

Funny fact: this scary Mukhabarat Amriki that you have bolded just means American Intelligence Agency in Arabic. Author probably wrote it in Arabic to make it sound more sinister and eviiil.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah the U.S. does do some shady shit, as do all country's really. I just don't think hitting kids with nerve gas is high on the list of things we would do.
I agree with you. Feels far fetched.

But just for the sake of argument: let's say it was your job at the CIA to ensure that the Syrian regime gets toppled - for whatever political/economic motivation. This is a post-Iraq, post-Afghanistan world where political will for war is low, but you don't have time for discussion. You need everyone on board with war tomorrow, both parties, international support, everything.

Maybe you would pull a Walter White and harm a few children in order to accomplish goals? There are circumstances in this world where the unthinkable becomes prudent if you have a mandate to accomplish certain tasks.

Lmao, "country we don't care about"? The US would love to control every country surrounding Iran. Guess what, they have no influence over Syria... that's Russian territory.

Again, that said, this attack is still up for debate.

Wait and see on my end.

If we truly cared about it we would have done something two years ago. Of course, to some people the civil war started two weeks with the chemical attacks.

SUPREME1

Banned

Not saying the US did this. Just have an issue with people acting like the US is incapable of doing atrocious things.

At worst, the US knows it was a rebel faction who is responsible but will still blame the Syrian govt as a reason to go in and remove an unfriendly regime.

At best(!) the US is being played and will enter another war.

Not saying the US did this. Just have an issue with people acting like the US is incapable of doing atrocious things.

At worst, the US knows it was a rebel faction who is responsible but will still blame the Syrian govt as a reason to go in and remove an unfriendly regime.

What about the French and German intelligence confirming the same thing? Germany doesn't want anything to do with Syria why would they confirm or deny anything?

The responses to the article have turned out to be a great example of why the government was able to make the case for WMDs in Iraq.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The responses to the article have turned out to be a great example of why the government was able to make the case for WMDs in Iraq.

Yeah, it's a clear example of how people are more wary of bullshit, unsubstantiated claims.

Probably not in the way you mean, but still!

Forever

Banned
This post is deliciously ironic because the guy you're citing was one of the people who made that case for WMDs in Iraq.

Showaddy

Yeah yeah and Bush planned 9/11 so he could steal Iraq's oil...

Seriously though this might actually hold some weight if it wasn't for the fact that Bashar & Maher Assad are complete lunatics that couldn't give a crap about gassing thousands of people as long as they stay in power.

This post is deliciously ironic because the guy you're citing was one of the people who made that case for WMDs in Iraq.

It helps that he is no longer expected to fall in lime with the narrative that took us into an illegitimate war. I believe he did write a book about that.

Tamanon

Banned
It helps that he is no longer expected to fall in lime with the narrative that took us into an illegitimate war. I believe he did write a book about that.

What do you think about the fact that he has never written an article for this site and the site they cite him for is oilprices.com? Does't that strike you as a little odd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom