• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Wants Johnny Depp Back for ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 6'

Draugoth

Gold Member
pirates-of-the-caribbean-6.jpg

Daniel Richtman is reporting that the head honchos over at Disney are very interested in having Johnny Depp back as Captain Jack Sparrow, in a supporting role, for the 6th ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ movie.

This is surprising news given that Disney has tried to steer far away from Depp in recent years, and the actor himself hasn’t shown much interest in returning as Captain Jack Sparrow, especially after the mouse house originally canned him.

Source

Kenpachii

Doubt he wants to unless he really needs money. Let's be honest here latest pirate movies where simple not that great and he's a lot more older now. A support role where he just sits in the back let some new main actor take over is probably also not that great for his career so i doubt he cares.

They will probably offer him a boat load of money, and Depp will phone it in...

And Disney will deserve that level of performance from him, after all that stuff.

So regardless if he accepts it or not, Depp will come out looking good in either way he goes with this.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Dude should ask an unholy amount of money and just phone it in. You know, like in Pirates 4. And Pirates 5.

What happened to that all-female Pirates, by the way? You know, girl power and stuff? Box-office dynamite?

Saber

Gold Member
It will be great seeing Disney do the Indianna Jones treatment with him(judging that they want him as a support) and they end up on heavy losses thanks to Depp demanding tons of money and nobody watching.

The only good PotC movie was the first one

Depp can just tell Disney to go fuck themselves, nobody wants Jack Sparrow as a "supporting character" who gets told to sit down and think about his privilege from a strong black lesbian transwoman pirate who is the lead character

Last edited:

Valonquar

It must really suck to be a young actor. Hollywood is more interesting in paying millions for old dudes paired with shit writing killing them off.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Depp can just tell Disney to go fuck themselves, nobody wants Jack Sparrow as a "supporting character" who gets told to sit down and think about his privilege from a strong black lesbian transwoman pirate who is the lead character
He was more of a supporting character in the first one. Aka the only good one. I know what they mean here though. He's going to be a second fiddle to a more diverse and powerful woman. Not that we didn't have those in the original trilogy but it wasn't good enough!

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
for the black women as a main character with short hair

I have seen 3 movies with black women as leads in my entire life: Sister Act, Alien vs Predator, and Jackie Brown. Out of hundreds of movies. Is there some alternate reality you guys live in where they are taking all the roles?

Sonik

Dude should ask an unholy amount of money and just phone it in. You know, like in Pirates 4. And Pirates 5.

What happened to that all-female Pirates, by the way? You know, girl power and stuff? Box-office dynamite?

I don't know but I'm furious about it, they should have done it, it would have been fucking hilarious.

But Johnny asking them a ridiculous sum of money and the movie still tanking because Disney is creatively bankrupt its still pretty funny

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Disney doesn't learn anything from their previous mistakes.

Disney is reportedly considering Ayo Edebiri for the leading role in ‘Pirates 6,’ a film that would feature a younger cast of pirates in search of hidden treasure. The character she is being considered for is named Anne and it’s possible this character could be based on real-life pirate, Anne Bonny, who was an Irishwoman.”

ayo-edebiri-attends-the-bafta-tea-party-presented-by-delta-news-photo-1705373077.jpg
American_School_-_Female_Pirate_Anne_Bonny_(b1697)_(coloured_engraving)_-_(MeisterDrucke-1087369).jpg

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
IIRC he mentioned during the trial that he wasn't interested in ever working with disney again, I remember there being such an exchange during the trial, how he felt betrayed etc.

Sonik

“Disney is reportedly considering Ayo Edebiri for the leading role in ‘Pirates 6,’ a film that would feature a younger cast of pirates in search of hidden treasure. The character she is being considered for is named Anne and it’s possible this character could be based on real-life pirate, Anne Bonny, who was an Irishwoman.

ayo-edebiri-attends-the-bafta-tea-party-presented-by-delta-news-photo-1705373077.jpg
American_School_-_Female_Pirate_Anne_Bonny_(b1697)_(coloured_engraving)_-_(MeisterDrucke-1087369).jpg

Last edited:

ahtlas7

I hope he sends them a ‘fuck you!’. He is Pirates of the Caribbean.
He should go find partners to make their own pirate movie. It would sink anything Disney floats and he’d make a chest of booty.

SiahWester

I thought I read this already and he turned them down because they threw him under the bus with Amber Heard's accusations. All of these people who work with companies that don't even try to retain and defend their talent in the case of mere accusations should be dismissed.

a strong independent black lesbian trans pirate with purple hair that fights for NOT the treasure and loot but for the other oppressed strong independent black lesbians in the 17th century. She would go to preach other men how the pirate ways is antiquated while ignoring the millions of black men that gets trafficked out of Africa.

Top Bottom