• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Wants Johnny Depp Back for ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 6'

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I still think you're wrong to call it Marvel like though, it's very different, just feels like you're grouping anything you don't like as "capeshit" which limits any actual decent complaint you could have.
The only way you could believe that is if you knew all the movies I didn't enjoy and saw me label a majority of them cape****.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Disney are some disgusting scum. I won’t judge Depp either way. If he tells them to get fucked, good for him. If he makes bank from them (and let’s be honest, they will be desperate giving him more leverage than ever before) good for him. Win win for him.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Disney doesn't learn anything from their previous mistakes.

ayo-edebiri-attends-the-bafta-tea-party-presented-by-delta-news-photo-1705373077.jpg
American_School_-_Female_Pirate_Anne_Bonny_(b1697)_(coloured_engraving)_-_(MeisterDrucke-1087369).jpg
Found Footage Video GIF by Eternal Family

Rival

Gold Member
Disney doesn't learn anything from their previous mistakes.

ayo-edebiri-attends-the-bafta-tea-party-presented-by-delta-news-photo-1705373077.jpg
American_School_-_Female_Pirate_Anne_Bonny_(b1697)_(coloured_engraving)_-_(MeisterDrucke-1087369).jpg
I don’t want to take away anything from Ayo Because she’s great but this ain’t it. And this is modern Disney in a nutshell. Johnny Depp is the Pirates franchise. If the want to pay him $40million dollars and he’s interested great but I have zero faith in anything they would try to release at this point regardless of who is in the film.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I have seen 3 movies with black women as leads in my entire life: Sister Act, Alien vs Predator, and Jackie Brown. Out of hundreds of movies. Is there some alternate reality you guys live in where they are taking all the roles?
You need to watch more movies.

I recommend Fast Color, it's really good.

amL6hSY.jpg

JohnnyPhats

They want Johnny Depp in supporting role by just sitting down, talking how he regret his toxic masculinity, and possibly declare that he is pansexual.
They will want him to be scolded and talked down to by a LGBTQWTFBBQ woman POC. They’ll call it education.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
They dropped him over Amber Heard allegations. He's already said he's not interested, I hope he goes a step further and tells them to get fucked.
I think they could get him back for just a few mill if they promise to include a scene where Jack has to flee from a blonde, psychotic hellwench that just shit on his hammock and is trying to throw hexes at him, then he swings over to another ship and leaves her on a sinking galleon, all aflame.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
You need to watch more movies.

I recommend Fast Color, it's really good.

amL6hSY.jpg

DUDE!!! I LOVED this movie!! It reminded me of all the books my Librarian mom let me check out from the library... the themes of parental overprotection, generational trauma and breaking those traumas for the next generation... I felt ALL of that! I also read some really adult books in my youth. LOL!

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm curious to see how they could top a Davy Jones semi-cg character 20 years after Dead Man's Chest.
If they are committed to a black pirate lead, then go all the way and have a ghost slave ship attacking all shipping. The lead is an escaped slave herself and has to rely on half remembered African folklore and religion to defeat the slave ship because the hosts of the slaves are after vengeance on ALL humans, not just the ones that imprisoned them, which of course turns out to be black Africans was well as the english/dutch/Portuguese or whatever. Could really explore the altantic slave trade but also tell a story of forgiveness and moving on.

But to take Anne Bonny and she DOESNT LOOK LIKE THIS

gs7F2ZD.jpg

for shame Disney, for shame. Give us original characters if this is what you want to do, please!

dorkimoe

It must really suck to be a young actor. Hollywood is more interesting in paying millions for old dudes paired with shit writing killing them off.
Thats how i feel everytime i see Pedro Pascal (who i like!) end up in every role. Like its ok to give new people a shot jesus.

And the whole movie is the black woman undermining and embarrassing Depp while at the end he admits she's great and he just needed to realize it, and his time is up.

It's the She-ro's Journey

Out of curiosity how much does Disney pay you? Loved your work on the marvels btw!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
If they are committed to a black pirate lead, then go all the way and have a ghost slave ship attacking all shipping. The lead is an escaped slave herself and has to rely on half remembered African folklore and religion to defeat the slave ship because the hosts of the slaves are after vengeance on ALL humans, not just the ones that imprisoned them, which of course turns out to be black Africans was well as the english/dutch/Portuguese or whatever. Could really explore the altantic slave trade but also tell a story of forgiveness and moving on.

gs7F2ZD.jpg

for shame Disney, for shame. Give us original characters if this is what you want to do, please!

To be fair, they said "inspired by"... not that it was the exact same person.

But there ARE famous black pirates they could draw from. Like Black Caesar.

Pejo

Even if he accepts and gets put in the movie, he's 99% certain to get the modern "lead legacy male" treatment that Hollywood has been dishing out the past 5 years.

1. Make classic male character suddenly a buffoon.
2. New female lead shows him up while making him look incompetent/like a moron.
3. Does uncharacteristic stupid shit, probably dies.

I re-watched the whole Pirates franchise a few months ago and it was already happening by the 2nd one, and well before Elizabeth Swann was the Pirate king QUEEN it was already awful horseshit anyways.

I would 1000% say "no, go fuck yourself Disney" if I were Depp.

gs7F2ZD.jpg

Black Sails is in my Top Ten Shows of All Time

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
He is on a winning streak. He should show how he’s bigger than them and that HE has moved on from THEM. He doesn’t even need the money and he can tell them to Fuck themselves in a different way than, Elon has.

I have seen 3 movies with black women as leads in my entire life: Sister Act, Alien vs Predator, and Jackie Brown. Out of hundreds of movies. Is there some alternate reality you guys live in where they are taking all the roles?
LMAO your post lasted all of 90 minutes

Laptop1991

I'm not sure Johnny Depp would want to work with current Disney with their present writing talent, it won't be a very good script unless changes are made at writing and management level i would imagine.

CGNoire

Please NO.

The Black Pearl was awesome but every film since has sucked dick.

Not to mention Depp is so much better in small Indie roles. His Big Budget career after Pearl has been a consistent Borefest.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
pirates-of-the-caribbean-6.jpg

Daniel Richtman is reporting that the head honchos over at Disney are very interested in having Johnny Depp back as Captain Jack Sparrow, in a supporting role, for the 6th ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ movie.

This is surprising news given that Disney has tried to steer far away from Depp in recent years, and the actor himself hasn’t shown much interest in returning as Captain Jack Sparrow, especially after the mouse house originally canned him.

Source
Say no Johnny, they want to give you The Last Jedi treatment, it is a trap ;).

xrnzaaas

Yeah, come back only to be dominated and humiliated by the lead black female character. I really hope he's not desperate for paychecks right now.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Snakes. Money grabbing wannabee culture steering snakes spitting their vile venom. I'd say fuck them.

Fuck you walt and and your initial themepark

Epcot huh. #Godgevlamste

Billbofet

Pretty easy to predict how the story would play out here. So exhausting at this point. Disney is like a parody of itself lately

Top Bottom