• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DO THE MATH.... Sony expanding first party development is a FAR better strategy than acquiring a big third party publishers

Sony doesn't make billions of dollars due to CoD... that you think that is hilarious.

Also please tell me what Sony's stock was 3, 6, and 12 months ago.
Sony makes over $250 million per year from Call of Duty 30% fees, that's not including Microtransactions.

There's millions that literally only play Call of Duty, if it's exclusive Sony would lose potential customers.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Stock isnt valued at how well you are performing. It is valued at your future plans. your projected growth. What are you going to do years in the future. Is Playstation's userbase/revenue/profits going to grow in your opinion or shrink?

A good example is Netflix. They actually posted profits and had a pretty decent subcriber increase but it isnt what the shareholders wanted. They dont see the growth slowing down so the stocks took a massive 20% nose dive.

Grow. Specifically in certain sectors. COD only accounts at the highest 260 million in profit out of their overall 8.8 Billion. The are releasing 2 games this year that have re-occurring revenue. GT7 and MLB. On top of Forbidden west, and partnered titles like FOrspoken, Ghostwire. Not also mention Factions is slated late this year for a release, on top of God of war:Ragnarok.

Even if lets say they made at the highest a billion dollars from Call of duty, thats still 7.8 Billion in profit they are making from everything else. Fortnite makes way more than COD.

Compared to 2021, they have way more properties releasing that have higher margins, and at this point higher reach.

Last edited:

Three

These sales dont mean shit when taken in consideration that there games drop in price pretty quickly, im certain gow sold around 4 million in its first month which is at full price then it reduced 3 months after that and sales were then forecasted at 8 million, if sony was making alot off these ips then they wouldnt be on pc especially for how pissed off people have been because sony has choosen to do that, personally out of that whole list id say spiderman is the only game which has made massive money for them
Wait, so does that mean everything else like Halo isn't making money either?

Sony releasing those games on PC but still not giving you the likes of Bloodborne should tell you Horizon and GoW are not on PC due to not making much money and trying to make a buck but because they are releasing sequels on PS5.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
It does, as I clearly stated about taking market share. The problem is that people are trying to attribute Spiderman sales to COD. Spiderman is just as mainstream, just not on multiplatform charts because it's not multiplatform.

I have Spider-Man, its my fave game on ps4. I didn’t buy a ps4 for it and I got it 7.99 or 10.99 in a sale if I remember correctly. I think its a benefit of having a ps4 that I get to plays games like that but so many people play cod and Fortnite its definatly a deciding factor in buying a console when people see it associated with certain games like cod and Fortnite in adverts

Papacheeks

Banned
I have Spider-Man, its my fave game on ps4. I didn’t buy a ps4 for it and I got it 7.99 or 10.99 in a sale if I remember correctly. I think its a benefit of having a ps4 that I get to plays games like that but so many people play cod and Fortnite its definatly a deciding factor in buying a console when people see it associated with certain games like cod and Fortnite in adverts

Fortnite didn't come out until 2017. So you can say that, but the millions of bundles they have sold with Uncharted, god of war, last of us, tells a different story. COD is a big game no doubt, fortnite is even bigger, its for some a reason to have a console. But I argue up until 2017 what was Sony selling that still made PS4 out sell Xbox 2:1? I would say things like Uncharted 4, Horizon, GT Sport, MLB the show.

Three

Yeah I'm not saying COD can't be used to market consoles. It can and it has. So has Spiderman. You can't for example say though people only play Fortnite because they bought a console for COD though. Or is it the other way round? People play COD because they bought a console for Fortnite.

Yet people are doing this for Spiderman. What makes it different to other popular games on the console like Fortnite? The fact that it's exclusive?

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
First of all, the famous 260 million is just an estimate from Citigroup secondly I would like to understand how in 2020 CoD mainline, warzone, and mobile generated 3 Billion in revenue if playstation that is said to have 70% of the player base could lose just 260m ......that estimate it is far-fetched when compared to the current real money made ... or maybe it speaks only of the physical sales of the game and not of the mtx. We need more context that the original source tweak town isn't givnt about what Citigroup said

Last edited:

Neff

Spider Man and co only sold that many copies because people bought the console they are on because of games like Call of Duty. This argument falls flat on its face instantly.

I question this. About 90% of the Call of Duty guys I've met only play Call of Duty. Nothing else. They're quite happy to buy a console solely for one game, and the yearly iterations of that game, without even casting a glance at the rest of their console's library.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sony makes over $250 million per year from Call of Duty 30% fees, that's not including Microtransactions.

There's millions that literally only play Call of Duty, if it's exclusive Sony would lose potential customers.
This goes both ways.
Who do you think loses the other 70%?
A little something people are forgetting to mention.

Three

First of all, the famous 260 million is just an estimate from Citigroup secondly I would like to understand how in 2020 CoD mainline, warzone, and mobile generated 3 Billion in revenue if playstation that is said to have 70% of the player base could lose just 260m ......that estimate it is far-fetched when compared to the current real money made ... or maybe it speaks only of the physical sales of the game and not of the mtx. We need more context that the original source tweak town isn't givnt about what Citigroup said
I'd like a source on this doubtful information. Especially when counting mobile.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Grow. Specifically in certain sectors. COD only accounts at the highest 260 million in profit out of their overall 8.8 Billion. The are releasing 2 games this year that have re-occurring revenue. GT7 and MLB. On top of Forbidden west, and partnered titles like FOrspoken, Ghostwire. Not also mention Factions is slated late this year for a release, on top of God of war:Ragnarok.

Even if lets say they made at the highest a billion dollars from Call of duty, thats still 7.8 Billion in profit they are making from everything else. Fortnite makes way more than COD.

Compared to 2021, they have way more properties releasing that have higher margins, and at this point higher reach.

Their gaming division profits are $3.2 billion actually and a massive chunk of that comes from the 46 million yearly PS+ subscribers. At $60 a sub, thats $2.8 billion in PS+ revenue nearly all of which is profit since they dont run CoD servers, the PSN store pays for itself and the free games cost only a few million now that we have seen what Epic pays for those free games on PC.

The cut from CoD's 10-30% royalties/digital sales is likely around $300 million but you are underestimating the impact it has on PS+ subs. No one is subscribing PS+ to play Horizon, Spiderman and GOW. Thats all GTA Online and CoD. Fortnite doesnt require a PS+ sub. And fornite despite its best efforts did not dethrone CoD. It still was the 1st and 3rd best selling game of the year while their F2P version made $5 million a day. 65-70% of which comes from PS consoles.

For FY 2020, PlayStation generated over $3.23 billion in profits alone, another new record, marking the first time in the industry where the 3 billion dollar marker was exceeded.Apr 28, 2021

And again, you are only thinking of stocks in short term. Investors dont really care what profits they might make this year. Yes, Horizon, GOW and GT7 will probably net them a cool $1.5-2 billion if they all sell 10 million each next year, but they will need to show investors that their PS+ subs wont take a massive hit. If I am sitting in the boardroom, I am asking just what the fuck are going to do to get the CoD userbase from ditching PS+. And their single player heavy lineup

if Sony were smart they would go out there and show off 3-5 FPS games in February. A Destiny clone. At least two CoD clones. One WW2 and One modern warfare. And then finally a battle royale title of their own. And even that might not be enough since those games are likely years away.

It's frustrating that we never had any CoD clones from Sony. Fortnite copied and pasted PubG and Warzone copied and pasted Fortnite. There was always room for multiple CoDs at the top. I dont know wtf the ex-Bungie, ex-Treyarch, GG and Naughty Dog teams are doing, but it's time to show them off now. And they better not look like that game from ex-DICE devs. That kind of game is not going to replace CoD.

MonarchJT

Banned
I'd like a source on this doubtful information. Especially when counting mobile.
the same source (the article of tweak town) of that 260m

and others
"In fact, PlayStation sales for Call of Duty: Vanguard physical version accounted for over 70% of its total sales. Activision’s shooter primary sales figures included PS5 accounting for 41% of sales, PS4 29%, Xbox One 19%, and Xbox Series X and S 11%. That alone shows how many active players of Call of Duty use Playstation consoles for their gaming experience."
People think was much difference with other older cod?

Last edited:

Three

the same source (the article of tweak town) of that 260m
This one?

I think you've really misunderstood what that 70% cut is referring to. It's talking about per unit sale Sony get 30% and MS 70%.

Edit after your edit:
"In fact, PlayStation sales for Call of Duty: Vanguard physical version accounted for over 70% of its total sales. Activision’s shooter primary sales figures included PS5 accounting for 41% of sales, PS4 29%, Xbox One 19%, and Xbox Series X and S 11%. That alone shows how many active players of Call of Duty use Playstation consoles for their gaming experience."
People think was much difference with other older cod?
😂 Oh NOW you're saying the 70% UK boxed sales are significant. When you're trying to show sony will lose money. Money from 3billion of activisions total revenue including warzone revenue on mobile by using 70% of boxed sales of Vanguard in the UK.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I question this. About 90% of the Call of Duty guys I've met only play Call of Duty. Nothing else. They're quite happy to buy a console solely for one game, and the yearly iterations of that game, without even casting a glance at the rest of their console's library.
This happens a lot more than people think, a lot of the lads i know fall into this group.

Papacheeks

Banned
Their gaming division profits are $3.2 billion actually and a massive chunk of that comes from the 46 million yearly PS+ subscribers. At $60 a sub, thats $2.8 billion in PS+ revenue nearly all of which is profit since they dont run CoD servers, the PSN store pays for itself and the free games cost only a few million now that we have seen what Epic pays for those free games on PC.

The cut from CoD's 10-30% royalties/digital sales is likely around $300 million but you are underestimating the impact it has on PS+ subs. No one is subscribing PS+ to play Horizon, Spiderman and GOW. Thats all GTA Online and CoD. Fortnite doesnt require a PS+ sub. And fornite despite its best efforts did not dethrone CoD. It still was the 1st and 3rd best selling game of the year while their F2P version made $5 million a day. 65-70% of which comes from PS consoles.

And again, you are only thinking of stocks in short term. Investors dont really care what profits they might make this year. Yes, Horizon, GOW and GT7 will probably net them a cool $1.5-2 billion if they all sell 10 million each next year, but they will need to show investors that their PS+ subs wont take a massive hit. If I am sitting in the boardroom, I am asking just what the fuck are going to do to get the CoD userbase from ditching PS+. And their single player heavy lineup

if Sony were smart they would go out there and show off 3-5 FPS games in February. A Destiny clone. At least two CoD clones. One WW2 and One modern warfare. And then finally a battle royale title of their own. And even that might not be enough since those games are likely years away.

It's frustrating that we never had any CoD clones from Sony. Fortnite copied and pasted PubG and Warzone copied and pasted Fortnite. There was always room for multiple CoDs at the top. I dont know wtf the ex-Bungie, ex-Treyarch, GG and Naughty Dog teams are doing, but it's time to show them off now. And they better not look like that game from ex-DICE devs. That kind of game is not going to replace CoD.

^ This is so uninformed its not funny.

Apex Legends is not COD but its carved itself a nice chunk. Sony will still make bank with or without COD.

People on here are acting like Playstation works within a bubble? You dont think Sony sees the money from these games over the course of a gen? There's a reason they have so many Multiplayer games coming. They know as time goes on money well spent would be internally instead of doing dlc content deals every 4 years.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I always say perhaps Microsoft will bring more games to the market, but for me it seems they prefer quantity over quality. Sony is very picky about what studios to buy and seem to have already a plan for them even if often they are only supposed to support their existing studios. I mean with Sony nearly all studios they have acquired reached their peak in quality under Sony while under Microsofts leadership many studios struggled to produce high quality titles.

Instead of focusing to increase the quality of the output of their existing studios, Microsoft rather spend their money on new acquisitions. I know that they have the money to afford it, but sometimes it seems Microsoft don't have much trust in their existing studios and already know that there will be some turds and try to make sure there are enough other titles to cover for these.

Forza horizon 5 - 92% MC
Flight Sim - 90% MC
Deathloop - 88%
Halo Infinite - 87%
Psychonauts 2 - 87%

'quantity over quality' is basically trolling at this point.

MonarchJT

Banned
This one?

I think you've really misunderstood what that 70% cut is referring to. It's talking about per unit sale Sony get 30% and MS 70%.
no i wrote you in the last comment ..more than 70% of their player is coming from playstation in 2020 alone cod made 3b....counting cod mainline, warzone and the mobile game......
just the mainline game alone ..30% cut would on 13millions copies sold generated more than that 260m..
Like I said, that number is pulled down ... without knowing what they actually wrote.

Last edited:

yurinka

What they exactly said is that Citigroup estimated that they would lose from $87.5M to $262.6M if losing CoD. This is the 30% of game sales, microtransactions and season/battle pass, everything CoD makes on PS.

There are around 116M PS4 sold and over 1700M games sold for it. An average of 14 games bought per PS4 user, they don't only buy CoD. And if a CoD game sells 10-12M or less on PS means that 90%+ of the PS4 owners didn't buy it.

$260M/year, the estimated maximum of what Sony gets from their 30% cut of CoD, is around 1% of the Sony gaming division makes in revenue every year. So if losing CoD the yearly revenue of PS wouldn't even decrease a 1%. And this is if PS loses it, which looking at what they said and what they did with the top IPs from Minecraft and Zenimax that were on PS, doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
What they exactly said is that Citigroup estimated that they would lose from $87.5M to $262.6M if losing CoD. This is the 30% of game sales, microtransactions and season/battle pass, everything CoD makes on PS.

$260M is around 1% of the Sony gaming division makes in revenue every year. So if losing CoD the yearly revenue of PS wouldn't even decrease a 1%.

There are around 116M PS4 sold and over 1700M games sold for it. An average of 14 games bought per PS4 user, they don't only buy CoD. And if a CoD game sells 10-12M or less on PS means that 90%+ of the PS4 owners didn't buy it.
that number make no sense lol you realize or not?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Do you think that showing people clones of the games they love will stop them from following the games they love to PC or Xbox? I don't. I don't think people will care. Sony should show off new games, but not necessarily games just like the ones they stand to lose. They need to show off the kinds games only Sony makes right now.

If Sony does present clones what they are going to have to contend with is the optics of selling those clone games at premium prices when people get all you can eat access to the big name games they actually want for 15 bucks a month on Game Pass.

Concern

This happens a lot more than people think, a lot of the lads i know fall into this group.

A friend of mine only plays cod. He still has a Ps4 and is looking for a Ps5. He was just asking me if he should switch back to Xbox after the acquisition news.

Its hilarious watching people downplay the potential loss of the number 1 selling game on ps. Saying Sony doesn't depend on them is a joke. You think people pay for plus just to play Gow, Days Gone, Spider-Man, and etc etc? Or just for the "free" games? Wrong. They pay to play online and Sony has no 1p competitive mp offering.

clarky

Gold Member

Apex Legends is not COD but its carved itself a nice chunk. Sony will still make bank with or without COD.
How so? he never said sony wouldn't make "bank" He said they will take a hit, which they will. Will they recover? Probably, i dont have a crystal ball.

Sony Defence Force is out early today I see.

Thought it was a fairly decent post myself.

Last edited:
COD is consistently the best selling game on PS year after year. And soon it won't be on PS. If you think this won't affect Sony's bottom line you're not thinking clearly.

#1 Microsoft has said that they are going to keep COD on PS
#2 Who said it wouldn't affect their bottomline if it wasn't, but that isn't what you said, you said it makes them billions... Which is just not true.

Three

no i wrote you in the last comment ..more than 70% of their player is coming from playstation in 2020 alone cod made 3b....counting cod mainline, warzone and the mobile game......
just the mainline game alone ..30% cut would on 13millions copies sold generated more than that 260m..
Like I said, that number is pulled down ... without knowing what they actually wrote.
Link it please. What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

clarky

Gold Member
#1 Microsoft has said that they are going to keep COD on PS
#2 Who said it wouldn't affect their bottomline if it wasn't, but that isn't what you said, you said it makes them billions... Which is just not true.
#1 current COD yes, future COD we are guessing of course, but anyone with any sense knows COD is going exclusive.

#2 if you factor in loss subs and lost revenue from customers who do leave the platform, then yes it has the potential to be a lot.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
A friend of mine only plays cod. He still has a Ps4 and is looking for a Ps5. He was just asking me if he should switch back to Xbox after the acquisition news.

Its hilarious watching people downplay the potential loss of the number 1 selling game on ps. Saying Sony doesn't depend on them is a joke. You think people pay for plus just to play Gow, Days Gone, Spider-Man, and etc etc? Or just for the "free" games? Wrong. They pay to play online and Sony has no 1p competitive mp offering.
Exactly, I have a PS5 but not + i have no need for it.

The cost of COD and PS plus for the year is the same or more right now as it is for gamepass. If COD is on there which would you pick as a COD player?

Last edited:
Look people, I'm gonna be short and forthcoming with this. Both Sony & Microsoft will do just fine. Sony will be fine, regardless of whether or not this acquisition goes or doesn't go through. We've already been through conversations similar to this back in 2012 when the ddos and mass credential theft occured, when Sony lost an insane amount revenue and trust from players. But guess what, playstation didn't go anywhere, they used that as a massive example, persevered and bounced right back up.

Nothing is going to happen to playstation or sony, they've already been through far worse than this, so please stop with all the meaningless Playstation doomsday threads, they won't ever lead anywhere and the "Sony is doomed, Playstation is doomed" are just fantasies, they won't ever come to pass. At least not anytime soon.

Last edited:

John Wick

Let's be real. Sony need an answer to Gamepass and they need it in 2022. People will only pay full price for games for so long before they realise that Microsoft have a better solution for them.
Sony have to improve definitely this time. They coasted the previous gen because Nintendo fucked up the Wii U and MS the X1.
They have got lazy and complacent because of their dominant position. This time it's much different. Nintendo are flying with the Switch. MS have improved in every way possible. Sony have to redouble their efforts. If they think just doing what was done with PS4 they gonna get a rude awakening. They need to sort a good gamepass competitor and to increase their first party studios.

Concern

Exactly, I have a PS5 but not + i have no need for it.

The cost of COD and PS plus for the year is the same or more right now as it is for gamepass. If COD is on there which would you pick as a COD player?

Its common sense. I have maintained plus and gold since i can remember. But its been pointless seeing as the last 2 years I've only played the single player exclusives on my Ps4.

Pretending like this won't have any effect on PlayStation is a joke. I wish we could switch the roles just to see the hot takes if it was the other way around.

sainraja

It’s not that I don’t believe the reporting firm, it’s that the claims are not specific enough to make an actual judgment in rating importance to support your argument that Spider-Man sales are merely a byproduct of CoD gamers

It’s a rush to conclusions nonsensical argument not supported by any kind of facts. And even if that stat is meaning active userbase, it has no way of informing you as to whether they purchased a console specifically for CoD merely because they play/played it
Given who made the conclusion and his stance on PlayStation, does it really surprise you? If you continue this argument with him, you'll soon realize how pointless it is.
He lives and breaths Xbox.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Link it please. What you're saying doesn't make any sense.
from tweaktown article itself:

"In 2020 alone, Call of Duty generated $3 billion in total revenues across Warzone, mainline games, and mobile titles"

we also know that the sales on PlayStation are around 70% or their total

we know that top playstation 2021 ..1° and 3° sales digital+physical are
1) Call of Duty: Vanguard
2) Madden NFL 22
3) Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War
4)Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

in 2020
1) Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War
2) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
12) Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

"Call of Duty is, once again, the obvious winner on this chart. The series has the top two slots with 2020’s Call of Duty: Black Ops — Cold War and 2019’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare at No. 2.

“Call of Duty ranked as the best-selling gaming franchise in the U.S. market for a record 12th consecutive year,” NPD analyst Mat Piscatella said."

and more

"Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is part of the hugely successful Call of Duty franchise of video games. Of the over 15 million units of the game sold around the world on PlayStation 4"

that alone would be more than 700m for Sony after the 70% cut from Activision.

let's see this
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
25.02m
Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010)
30.99m
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011) 30.97m
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012) 29.59m
Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013)
28.8m
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2014)
21.78m
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (2015) 26.72m (we talked about this just before)
Call of Duty: WWII (2017)
19.82m
etc etc etc

Sony would lose 85 to 260m /s..yesh...and this counting just the mainline

Last edited:
Oh no, what will I do without another Shitty COD game or Overwatch 1.5. Think most people can manage.
I don’t understand why you are acting like that. If you don’t care, I don’t see why you feel the need to comment. I don’t play activision blizzard or Bethesda games either.

assurdum

Banned
Oh God another thread filled of posts by Xbox fellows which try to convince the world our ps5 is doomed without COD. Jeez. This month will be very long. Hope more news about real gaming coming soon because it's really boring and stressful such loop of infinite stupid predictions based of "data statics".

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Once again you and a lot of others seem to have problems with basic comprehension.

I didn’t say Spider-Man only sells “because of COD”. I said spider man can only sell 20 million because games like cod/fifa/madden/fortnite are the reason for all those consoles being sold in the first place. Without them shifting hardware by the millions every year, Spider-Man wouldn’t have 20 million people to sell to.

COD sells more than spider man every year. Fact.
So Mario and zelda sell because cod/fifa/madden are the reason switches are being sold, right? 🤣 XONE first party games should’ve sold like hotcakes because cod/fifa/madden were on xone and peiple bought xones for this… r-right? RIGHT? Guys help me here😅

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

People on here are acting like Playstation works within a bubble? You dont think Sony sees the money from these games over the course of a gen? There's a reason they have so many Multiplayer games coming. They know as time goes on money well spent would be internally instead of doing dlc content deals every 4 years.
lol PS did spend an entire gen in a bubble of single player narrative driven games. They saw Destiny explode in year 1. Didnt make a PvE game the entire gen. They saw Rainbow six explode. Didnt make a single PvP game the entire gen. They saw Battle Royale explode and everyone from CoD to Battlefield to Titanfall devs take a stab at it, and did fuck all.

The games they have in the works now are unproven and unannounced. Thats why I said they need to show them off and get them in players hands right away. Because by the time the Activision deal goes final and cod is removed from Playstation, its already too late. You need to give the CoD guys a reason to stay. And that needs to happen now. Just a promise of FPS games to come isnt enough. They need to be revealed and received well. Then they need to beta well, and finally release to critical and player acclaim. How many first player multiplayer games have flopped this gen? Even the ones that havent dont even come close to CoD numbers. Fortnite is played by 27% of gamers. CoD is at 55%. Even THE Best selling game of all time, GTA5 is only 41% of all console gamers. Thats a game with 150 million units sold.

Downplaying CoD is one thing, but not even allowing for suggestions saying Sony needs their own CoD is insane.

sainraja

So let me get this straight, playstation will be fine without COD money they dont need it, but MS cant afford not to release COD on PlayStation because it would cost them too much money?

Sound about right?
So let me get this straight, PlayStation is doomed without COD and they can close up shop since MS now has COD (because we all know how they didn't have it before, right)?
Sound about right?

You are trying to point out how ridiculous the other argument is while not realizing how your own is just as ridiculous. If COD won't be on PlayStation given MS's focus on Game Pass, Sony will be FINE; now that doesn't mean it won't have any impact on them (they will have to address the lack of a strong MP focused FPS game surely) but they do have other titles that bring people over to PS and they certainly aren't doomed because of it (I personally think it is too early to say anything regarding what will happen with COD but I can see both scenarios happening — staying on PS and not being on PS).

If they make some other blunders, then that along with losing COD could definitely be troublesome for them.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
So let me get this straight, PlayStation is doomed without COD and they can close up shop since MS now has COD (because we all know how they didn't have it before, right)?
Sound about right?
Never said anything of the sort.
You are trying to point out how ridiculous the other argument is while not realizing how your own is just as ridiculous.
Neither argument is mine just pointing out that both points are ridiculous, both coming from this very forum over the last few days.

Don't know why your coming at me?

Warablo

That cash cow has only equated to most 260Million in generated profit, compared to the entire year(12months) which was 8.8 Billion. It's a good chunck but compared to the entire year its not a deal breaker.

Activision's megaton franchise contributes hundreds of millions in distribution payments to Sony, Microsoft, and other platform-holders like Valve every year. The annualized release cadence is a dependable source of third-party earning contributions for Sony. It could also be the same for Microsoft, who would pocket Activision's 70% cut of all Call of Duty game sales and revenues.

After all, Sony's ecosystem consists of over 116 million shipped PlayStation 4 consoles and Microsoft would also forgo millions--or perhaps billions--in revenues if it pulled Call of Duty from PlayStation platforms.

In 2020 alone, Call of Duty generated $3 billion in total revenues across Warzone, mainline games, and mobile titles.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8413...f-call-of-duty-goes-xbox-exclusive/index.html

262.6 Million at the highest. Sorry Sony will be fine. They will pick up the slack with other titles that are GAAS titles or have renewables.
Pretty sure that was only digital sales, who knows how many of those spent money on microtransactions.

sainraja

Never said anything of the sort.

Neither argument is mine just pointing out that both points are ridiculous, both coming from this very forum over the last few days.

Don't know why your coming at me?
Ah okay. Sorry, I misunderstood you then.

Top Bottom