• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you pay for YouTube premium?

Do you have YouTube premium?

• Yes

Votes: 81 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 65 25.1%
  • Lol, I use AD blocker

Votes: 113 43.6%

• Total voters

Raonak

Banned
Yes. It's well worth it.

No ads on all devices incl mobile and console is neat.

Being able to download videos for offline is great.

And being able to use the YouTube app in the background is great.

it basically becomes a Spotify replacement. Infact it's better than Spotify because it has custom music, game/movie soundtracks, etc.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
YouTube is the only reason I downloaded an add blocker. They need to find a better business model than being annoying as fuck. They already have stolen and sold all my information, how much more money do they need to make off of me? The idea that they want me to pay them to spy on me asinine.

Davey Cakes

At first the cost of YouTube Premium sounded crazy to me. Now I feel like I couldn't live without it. I have a lot of opportunities to listen to YouTube content while I'm at work, and I really appreciate the lack of ads.

It's one of those rare situations where the free trial actually sold me on the product.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
Download the Brave browser on your phone, and watch YT that way - built in adblock, on all the time by default. Since I installed Brave I've never looked back, it's like the Internet was given back to me.
I have it but brave mobile still doesn’t function correctly for some websites, at least on the iPhone or iPad. I also watch YouTube a ton on my smart TV and premium makes the experience so much better. I won’t go back to the free version. I would cancel my other subscriptions before I cancelled YouTube premium.

MastaKiiLA

Technically yes. I have a Google Music sub, and YT Premium comes free with it. I don't even use my music account more than a handful of times each year, but I keep it because it's only like $5-10 per month, and I haven't dealt with YT ads in years.

Edit: I just checked, I'm on a $9.99/mo YT Premium plan. That's what my Google Music plan is called now. Before, YT Premium was just an extra on the plan, but since Music got folded in under the YT banner, looks like my payment amount stayed the same. Where are people seeing $16 for a plan? Kinda glad I subbed to Music all those years ago.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Download the Brave browser on your phone, and watch YT that way - built in adblock, on all the time by default. Since I installed Brave I've never looked back, it's like the Internet was given back to me.
Do you find that when on GAF gifs don’t load/cycle correctly?
I’m caught between wanting to pay to get rid of ads, and absolutely not wanting to pay for a standard OS feature (seriously, the one time Apple won’t be a thorn in developer’s sides?).

I always do Request Desktop Website (saved as default for YouTube), play, lock phone, unlock, hit play on Lock Screen, lock again, doesn’t take any time to do but it’s still tedious.

It can’t be that difficult to write a Safari extension that specifically blocks the garbage that YouTube adds to disable PiP and background video, right?
Oh shit, this works perfectly. Thank you for this.
For anyone that wants screen off play, you can just hit play on the lock screen after you turn the screen off and it pauses.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

You can support Vanced guys by using their Brave referral code. Reddit Link
Nope.

https://vancedapp.com/

i5jdbFxQdQ6yYcIQLyTttcW7thTaGVorjEuOpVKRC-POWjoER6lWgYVmh-Ks755SJYvGRBnN9O9EX6yL1JcrEaMfuxiTMpZHgQ6cYpcqQ7ZDCN1HgsBgxOrVhw
Just heard of this now from these posts and trying it now!

It's amazing thank you!

Top Bottom