• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't believe Aaron Greenberg no CGI trailers statement for the Showcase

Kilau

Gold Member
Technically not, but...
Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yeah, I didn't expect much gameplay when he started using "in-engine" and "in-game" instead of saying, "you're going to see a lot of gameplay."

reinking

Gold Member
Man certainly didn't lie. As angry people who don't know the difference between CGI and 'in Engine' are finding out.

I do feel let down at the amount of in engine trailers, though. Gameplay or gameplay sections would certainly have been better received.
It is not a lie but it is misleading. Aaron Greenberg has been playing the game long enough to know exactly how his tweet would be taken. Let's not pretend he is an idiot.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Man certainly didn't lie. As angry people who don't know the difference between CGI and 'in Engine' are finding out.

I do feel let down at the amount of in engine trailers, though. Gameplay or gameplay sections would certainly have been better received.
Yet, people were fooled when they first showed off "In-Engine" footage of Hellblade 2. Many people were convinced it was going to look like that in the final game.

Both in-engine and CGI footage doesn't represent the final game. In-Engine has always been misleading.

Ozriel

M$FT
Yet, people were fooled when they first showed off "In-Engine" footage of Hellblade 2. Many people were convinced it was going to look like that in the final game.

Both in-engine and CGI footage doesn't represent the final game. In-Engine has always been misleading.

Sure, but that's a whole different conversation entirely from claiming he lied, isn't it?

Better to have in-engine than CGI announcements that tell you absolutely nothing about the game.

Ozriel

M$FT
Social media already is.

This is a moderated forum, so better here that on Twitter. Nobody's interested in seeing what JayDubCity et al are spilling out. Shouldn't be hard for you to cite the games that were full CGI, so we can join you in crucifying Greenberg for another lie.

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Aaron Greenberg is a fucking waste of space. Hypes up the show with misleading information. Shouldn't have been cocky with the lack of first party gameplay especially after the body of Redfall is still warm.

Please fucking sack that geebag.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Like 95% of the show was in-game or in-engine.

The only one that comes to mind that appeared to be purely cinematic was Star Wars Outlaws.

Also, it's hilarious that Fable looks so incredible that everyone keeps claiming it's CGI. It says "in-game" right there in the beginning, ya'll.

Ozriel

M$FT
Aaron Greenberg is a fucking waste of space. Hypes up the show with misleading information. Shouldn't have been cocky with the lack of first party gameplay especially after the body of Redfall is still warm.

Please fucking sack that geebag.

Everyone is talking about Starfield today. Not Redfall.

So...mission accomplished?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

The only one that comes to mind that appeared to be purely cinematic was Star Wars Outlaws.

Also, it's hilarious that Fable looks so incredible that everyone keeps claiming it's CGI. It says "in-game" right there in the beginning, ya'll.
None of what that was actual gameplay, it could've been just scenes rendered in-engine that you can't affect.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
None of what that was actual gameplay, it could've been just scenes rendered in-engine that you can't affect.

I mean, it wasn't CGI. It directly labels it as "In-game". It could be a snippet from one of the games real time cut-scenes, which is, again, not CGI.

Not sure how many artificial caveats you want to add to it.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M

More likely that the end result will look forspoken levels different.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I mean, it wasn't CGI. It directly labels it as "In-game". It could be a snippet from one of the games real time cut-scenes, which is, again, not CGI.

Not sure how many artificial caveats you want to add to it.
You can twist in-engine however you like. The first two trailers did not show off actual gameplay.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
More likely that the end result will look forspoken levels different.

rofif rofif bruh you're being attacked directly

You can twist in-engine however you like. The first two trailers did not show off actual gameplay.

The only way I'm "twisting" is by telling you that it was not a CGI trailer.

I'm not the one changing the goalpost by requesting different things like a HUD or action gameplay behind the shoulder view etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom