• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

| DOOM Eternal OT | : Dragged Ripping & Tearing Into The New Decade!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So anyone clarified the bethesda account/launcher for steam version? I am still not sure if I want to buy it

Mudit Shwarma

Neo Member
Can u do the same on ps4? Asking for a friend....

Not really. Physical copies of games are region free on Playstation. However, digital games are region locked as each region has different rules and laws every regions psn store is different, with different censorships and offerings. You could technically get games earlier on ps4 but you'd need to make a New Zealand PSN account and buy from the New Zealand PSN store.

chessy_08

Not really. Physical copies of games are region free on Playstation. However, digital games are region locked as each region has different rules and laws every regions psn store is different, with different censorships and offerings. You could technically get games earlier on ps4 but you'd need to make a New Zealand PSN account and buy from the New Zealand PSN store.
Thanks

So anyone clarified the bethesda account/launcher for steam version? I am still not sure if I want to buy it
Been playing a few hours. I have it on Steam. It didn't launch the Bethesda launcher like I would have expected. Just straight to the game.

The game is fuckin' incredible. Holy shit it runs well, looks awesome, and the art direction and music is some of the most consistent and focused I've seen for a game. Fan-fuckin-tastic. Get it. NOW.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Been playing a few hours. I have it on Steam. It didn't launch the Bethesda launcher like I would have expected. Just straight to the game.

The game is fuckin' incredible. Holy shit it runs well, looks awesome, and the art direction and music is some of the most consistent and focused I've seen for a game. Fan-fuckin-tastic. Get it. NOW.
Thanks for the info !
So It's just buy on steam and play? No additional launcher or log in ? Seen a steam post complaining about this

Last edited:
I don't know if I am crusty, but the game is hard.
Playing on Ultra-Violence is bliss for me. It's the perfect amount of difficulty. It's definitely not a cake walk and doesn't hold your hand, but it is exhilarating in the best way possible. I can't imagine playing with a controller though as I feel I would play awful if I had to use one. Though it may just be me. You are constantly getting surrounded and you have to always be moving and checking different directions.

Thanks for the info !
So It's just buy on steam and play? No additional launcher or log in ? Seen a steam post complaining about this

No additional launcher. When in game if you want some of the "Slayer Club" perks you'll have to log in to your Bethesda account, but you don't have to use the Bethesda launcher at all. If you don't log-in in-game, you'll just miss out on some incidental cosmetic shit like player icons and banners and a few skins. But nothing to be annoyed with.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Playing on Ultra-Violence is bliss for me. It's the perfect amount of difficulty. It's definitely not a cake walk and doesn't hold your hand, but it is exhilarating in the best way possible. I can't imagine playing with a controller though as I feel I would play awful if I had to use one. Though it may just be me. You are constantly getting surrounded and you have to always be moving and checking different directions.

No additional launcher. When in game if you want some of the "Slayer Club" perks you'll have to log in to your Bethesda account, but you don't have to use the Bethesda launcher at all. If you don't log-in in-game, you'll just miss out on some incidental cosmetic shit like player icons and banners and a few skins. But nothing to be annoyed with.
fantastic! Thank You! This one guy told the login screen is unskippable

btw... Hmm.... Do I play this on 120hz 1024x769 17" crt or 27" 4k ips 60hz(I lock it at 58 freesync) monitor ?! I have both and I am on crt retro run recently... but This game could use both :p

Last edited:
fantastic! Thank You! This one guy told the login screen is unskippable

btw... Hmm.... Do I play this on 120hz 1024x769 17" crt or 27" 4k ips 60hz(I lock it at 58 freesync) monitor ?! I have both and I am on crt retro run recently... but This game could use both :p
Good question, I've been playing at 3440x1440 120hz and I don't think I could go back. If I HAD to pick I think I'd pick the 120hz 720p option tbh. It runs so well too that more than likely on most setups you'll be pushing 100+ fps easily. Before I set the 120hz preference I was getting up to 300fps at my resolution maxed out.

I have no clue how console players will enjoy this game. I know Doom 2016 was considered fast, but holy shit this just on another level all together. Also damn that art design and enemy design is great. Level design is also superb cause it aint just Mars anymore

HotPocket69

Banned
Shit is AMAZING

GOTY

uCx5PHX.jpg

kingbean

What the fuck I'm only getting 50-70fps with a 1080ti but all the benches online show like 90-120 on higher settings.

I have no clue how console players will enjoy this game. I know Doom 2016 was considered fast, but holy shit this just on another level all together. Also damn that art design and enemy design is great. Level design is also superb cause it aint just Mars anymore
Yeah, it's gonna be a tough ride on anything above medium i'd wager for MOST people on consoles. Though I'm sure some of our console brothers have the skill to make the Slayer shine too. It's such a tough game. I'm getting out of every battle almost by the skin of my teeth. It's so much fun. How they balanced this game to play like this blows my mind. They did such a great job.

What the fuck I'm only getting 50-70fps with a 1080ti but all the benches online show like 90-120 on higher settings.
I'm getting a constant 120 for the most part with my 1080ti on max settings. Set the resolution scale to your desired fps if you need to. I set mine to 120 and have been in gaming nirvana.

Last edited:

TUROK

I'm surprised that my rig can run the game at max settings at a framerate that hovers in the 100s... At least for the first level so far and at 1080p. Almost makes me think something ain't working right.

And yeah, my PC is no slouch, but it's no longer the belle of the ball (i5-8600k, GTX 1080 non-Ti, and 32 GB RAM).

Gotta get off work already so I can get back to it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So when does the Steam version unlock to play? Midnight EST?
yes midnight EST.

i pre-ordered this just a few days ago. counting down the hours! only 3 left...

i tried downloading a bunch of free VPN things to get it early but no luck.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I haven't played it yet but have watched a fair amount of the first few levels..and i can't believe I kind of feel bad for the demons. I swear even the glare he gives some of them is terrifying
Play on Nightmare and you can get owned so fast that any pity you may have for the demons quickly melts away in the early levels, especially for the arachnotrons.

Last edited:
Preloading on Steam now. 2 hours left in US region until it's time to RAZE HELL.

Nvidia has already posted their Game Ready driver for DOOM Eternal, so make sure and get your driver update before you RIP AND TEAR!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
game won't even launch on an intel iris 655 plus such a shame,
doom 2016 ran just fine on a nuc :( would have been fun to do some tweaking on it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm breaking my self ban just to talk about this game. This game...is a fucking...workout. I don't think I have ever been so focused while playing a game in my life. After every level I have to stop for 10 minutes just to take a breath and regain my composure.

This is a game of the generation contender.

SweetShark

Want to report the game is rad for me as well.
Thanks God the graphic card O use if enough for this beast.

I will admit the game is a little difficult and you need indeed to use all your weapons to do a solid work to the demons. You need to check their weaknesses and do a solid damage to them.
I mean, damn, they throw you the brain spider in the first level and let me tell you it is a bitch to handle it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Want to report the game is rad for me as well.
Thanks God the graphic card O use if enough for this beast.

I will admit the game is a little difficult and you need indeed to use all your weapons to do a solid work to the demons. You need to check their weaknesses and do a solid damage to them.
I mean, damn, they throw you the brain spider in the first level and let me tell you it is a bitch to handle it.
Yeah the spider guys are tough. I think the biggest thing for me was realizing that straight up shooting them to death was okay, although obviously hitting a weak point is the better way to manage a crowd, if you can. It’s just super hectic sometimes and hard to get your aim right when there’s a dozen demons trying to kill you and the spider is moving all over the place.

what platform are you playing on?

Last edited:
I don't know what the power-up is called, I presume it's called the Rip n' Tear power-up, but holy shit when you pick it up............Literally just run around tearing the monsters apart. So bad ass.

Xdrive05

This is quite the marriage of tech proficiency, art direction and game design. This is id firing on all cylinders, and totally holds up to their pedigree.

hollams

Gold Member
Loving the game but what is up with the small text size and no way to make is larger. I'm 46 so my eyesight ain't what it used to be but c'mon it's 2020 why is this still a problem, they do have a colorblind mode. I guess no older play testers?

HotPocket69

Banned
Loving the game but what is up with the small text size and no way to make is larger. I'm 46 so my eyesight ain't what it used to be but c'mon it's 2020 why is this still a problem, they do have a colorblind mode. I guess no older play testers?

I bet it’ll get patched in 👌🏼

Top Bottom