• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom The Dark Ages Announced | Xbox Showcase 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Launching 2025. Wishlist on Xbox GamePass, Xbox Series X|S, PC or PlayStation 5.Announcing DOOM: The Dark Ages, the prequel to the critically acclaimed DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal and the third installment of the modern DOOM series. Developed by id Software on the latest idTech engine, DOOM: The Dark Ages is a single-player action FPS that tells the epic cinematic origin story of the DOOM Slayer's rage.You are the DOOM Slayer, the legendary demon-killing warrior and the super weapon in this never-before-seen dark and sinister medieval war against Hell.For more information on all things DOOM: The Dark Ages and id Software, follow these channels and join the Slayers Club.​

Last edited:

TrippleA345

Ps5.
Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Kataploom

Gold Member
I gotta get back to Eternal to see if I can like it, it was cool until the resources management hit me, thing is that I didn't know the chainsaw just had a cooldown and could be kinda spammed so knowing that maybe I won't find the same issues.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Really hope they go back more towards the gameplay of Doom 2016.
Doesn't seem like your standard Doom game at all. The "cinematic origin story" bit sounds worrisome that it'll take you away from the core gameplay a lot.

Might be interesting if it functions like a expansive Single Player Horde Shooter.

Medieval war and Guns is a walking contradiction IMO.

simpatico

MS lacking the stones to make it Xbox exclusive on the console side. Looks cool though, if a bit underwhelming. Just new maps and weapons for the Eternal engine? I mean, day 1 over here, but still. The jump between Doom 2 to Doom 3 isn't here. Not even close.

I wonder if this started as Quake and someone at MS made them bring in the Doom branding. I'm betting this is the case based on art style.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just new maps and weapons for the Eternal engine?
Hopefully they do something regarding the level design. Eternal was super fun to me but it was too linear most of the time.

I need to know more, a super-fast trailer is nice for the hype but I want to know more details.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Man, the game looks fantastic, but that K-mart Mick Gordon music is an absolute bummer. I really wish they hadn’t had a falling out.

DanielG165

Don’t see how Eternal’s gameplay is anything like rock, paper, and scissors but I digress.

Dark Ages looks nuts, I’m definitely craving to boot up Eternal now after seeing it lol.

Top Bottom