• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge: 15 First Party Games to show up at Xbox Showcase

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sometmes you just gotta extract a rotten tooth.

TELEMMGLPICT000231957344_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqB1hv6Y8HU52iuoXtIM681LkhS3av0sV8zZVNKroB79s.jpeg

Hopefully they will have a good showcase. I just hope they don't spend much time on games like Fable, Forza or Indiana Jones as i don't care for those games.
I want to see more of Doom, Gears and Wolfenstein and i hope MS buy's themselves some exclusive JRPG's and more story driven games and less GAAS games.
I'm also not interested in a Xbox handheld as already have a Steam Deck and that is enough for me.

clarky

Gold Member
Hopefully they will have a good showcase. I just hope they don't spend much time on games like Fable, Forza or Indiana Jones as i don't care for those games.
I want to see more of Doom, Gears and Wolfenstein and i hope MS buy's themselves some exclusive JRPG's and more story driven games and less GAAS games.
I'm also not interested in a Xbox handheld as already have a Steam Deck and that is enough for me.
Looking at the list i think the show will have something for most of us unless you're James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford

Ozriel

M$FT
I hope so as I'm wanting more games like gears etc.. I also want MS to do more story driven games like Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us and less focus on Live Service games.

Yeah, but that’s where games like Indy and Fable come in. Single player stuff, non-GAAS stuff.

Stuff you explicitly say you’re not keen on seeing.

clarky

Gold Member
It will be the most faux show of all time. The user response will expose itself when it's finally time to deliver.
Why are you even in this thread? You offer nothing of value, take your negative vibes elsewhere please.

Yeah, but that’s where games like Indy and Fable come in. Single player stuff, non-GAAS stuff.

Stuff you explicitly say you’re not keen on seeing.
Fable to me has never been a good story driven game. YAeah sure the gameplay was good but to be honest i finished the first 2 fable games but never bothered with the 3rd one and from the previous trailer of the newer game it doesn't look good at all.

As for Indiana Jones when it was first rumoured that there was a game being made i was excited but than i saw the trailer and it being 1st person ruined it for me.
I don't it being in 1st person it would be like Tomb Raider being made in 1st person it's a silly idea. Maybe if they release a full 3rd person option after release i will get it but for now no.

Sony can make GOTY winning story driven games why can't MS do the same as they have more studios and way more money/talent.

Killer8

Starfield: Shattered Space - already over the game
Age of Empires II - old game
State of Decay 3 - i'll believe it when I see it
Age of Mythology - old game
Microsoft Flight Sim 2024 - it's basically just a refresh of 2020
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - could be good, not enthusiastic about first person
Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred - don't care
World of Warcraft: The War Within - don't care
Towerborne - don't care
Avowed - eh
DOOM: The Dark Ages - YES
Gears of War 6 - cautiously optimistic
Fable - cautiously optimistic
South of Midnight - Sweet Baby Inc detected

Oppoi

The xbox hype is fake. Playstation and Nintendo has real life pull to them, they sell and people talk about them. Xbox has to fake it. That's what you see here right now. Microsoft beleives that if people see other people talk about them as much as they do Playstation and Nintendo they will find success. I thruth all they have is paid for. It's all fake.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - could be good, not enthusiastic about first person
Towerborne - don't care
Avowed - eh

Few stinkers in there lile you say but like i said earlier at least something for most of us.

Dr. Suchong

Towerborne - don't care
Avowed - eh
I read Towerborne as "Toblerone"
Probably have more fun jamming one of those up my ass than watching the showcase.
But hey, I'd like to be proven wrong.

Topher

Gold Member
Really want to see some truly kickass new announcements. Fresh AAA IP would be most welcome. Outside of that, hoping to see more of Shattered Space, Fable and Perfect Dark. Think I've seen enough of Avowed and Indy, but I'm sure they will be there with release dates and such.

Final fantasy could make an appearance according to some

I'm hoping for multiplat release dates for FF XVI and 7 Rebirth

Topher

Gold Member
Not sure if this tidbit of a leak was posted already, but spoiler tags for those who don't want any news about tomorrow.

Top Bottom