• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr Disrespect "SUING THE F*CK" Out of Twitch

laynelane

Good for him. I'm glad he's taking action on this. On another note, I hope we get more details on what happened.

Impotaku

...and nobody wants a floppy wet moustache & wig.

Even though I'm sure there would be more than a few ladies and men who'd want to see this guy half-naked and in a hot tub:

d0fd2961318c2da33a82-dr-disrespect-guy-beahm.jpeg
LOL no wonder he wears a wig & shades.

AGRacing

The accepted theory now is that he was trying to negotiate a new bigger contract with Twitch, and using a lucrative Mixer offer as leverage. Problem arose though when a week later Mixer shut down lol.

If true, i dont know what stand he would take here.
Another theory is that they simply dropped him so that they didn't need to pay his already negotiated contract... because there was no longer any competition and therefore no reason for them to pay Doc off.

Stuart360

Another theory is that they simply dropped him so that they didn't need to pay his already negotiated contract... because there was no longer any competition and therefore no reason for them to pay Doc off.
Yeah heard that one too. My problem with that theory though is could Twitch legally just drop him from a contract like that with no reason?. Maybe thats why he's taking legal action.

The reason why i said 'accepted theory' with the other theory is that apparently Docs friends like Tim the Tatman supoposedly kind of confirmed that theory, in so may words. Dont know myself as i havent looked deeply into it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Let's hope Twitch has to pay a lot of money otherwise they won't learn

I hope he gets over a billion. Fuck Twitch.

I hope Twitch has to pay him a billion dollars and goes out of business. Fuck 'em.
1000x-1.jpg

Doc will be dead before this gets settled if they dont outright give him shutup money so they can continue with regularly schedule programming.
Amazon has actual problems that theyve basically swept under the rug or kept pending indefinitely.
Doc would be small change.

He’s super pissed about taking a huge pay cut on YouTube.

His dumb ass shouldn’t have ran his mouth about all that Covid disinformation. Those lawyers aren’t cheap either, so he better be damn sure he knows what he’s doing.

Keihart

Unless there is a contract signed by both parties that says differently, Twitch has the right to demonetize or ban you from their platform for any reason.
This seems more for attention .
they probably did have a contract, partners do. No idea what it said tho, there are different ones, they are not all the same.

Stuart360

If he got a pay out, which it looks like he did, we will probbaly never find out exactly what happened as it will be in the clause.

A.Romero

These guys cannot be brought down. Even to stream a second you have to agree that they can ban you for whatever reason. Many of their rules are redacted unclearly on purpose. Specially now that there are so many options to stream and that courts really don't understand how it works.

Don't want to take on these kind of risks? Don't make your survival depend on a third party like this.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Dr Disrespect represents the new auteurs of the game industry. The next Hideo Kojima for sure. Glad he got this big win and can now focus all his efforts on his next masterpiece.

Aw, man, I barely even saw the thread and already Disrespect got Twitch's hush money.

I was hoping it'd go to court and Twitch got steamrolled - I felt that ban set a bad precedent for abuse of the system. Unfortunately it's often easier just to sign the settlement NDA.

vpance

If there was a payday it would be typical to mention something about a settlement. Since he didn't and only tweeted that it seems like they agreed to back down on both sides.

Top Bottom